Flexi syn question

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Xassy, 12 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Xassy

Xassy Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm going out tomorrow night for dinner and I've never done the flexi syn thing before. The one thing I have a problem with is knowing how many syns are in the food. How do you have any clue? I can guestimate but I have no real idea. :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Flexi syn works by you personally agreeing how many syns you will have on a particular night. You need to be aware you may not lose weight this week, you may STS or you may have a small gain.

Personally I don't like flexi syns, I always use my syns on a weekly basis & the reason is MiL comes round on a Saturday night (without fail) with wine & chocs, I can have anywhere between 40-70 syns on one night. I just adjust the remaining syns for the rest of the week.

If I'm eating out I try & eat the best SW friendly food on the menu. If I can't find the relevant syns on SW website I will use the syn value for what I've eaten for any manufacture & use that.

Have a lovely evening:p

4. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The best thing for a night out is to keep sauces, etc seperate where possible. Then if you have steak, new potatoes and sweetcorn or whatever you know this is free, i then do a generic search on the SW website for the sauce and syn it like that. Also ask what things are cooked in and remember that you can ask to substitue food in most places ie chips for new / jacket potato

The best way to do it is too work out what your having before you go.

5. Xassy

Xassy Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hmm. I'm now thinking I might just cut back my syns during the week. It's a Turkish restaurant and if I have an EE day, I could go for a kebab and rice with veggies or something.

6. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sounds like a plan :) make sure if you are cutting back on your syns you dont deprive yourself though!!! Hope you have a really good time :) xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.