Flexi syns vs Saving syns

Well how I read that is not to save your syns up just allow yourself more syns for an occasion? :confused:

It does, I suppose you have the choice to save or not. I think the idea is maybe if you are too strict and hardly using syns you are more likely to binge and go off plan altogether.

I'm only in my second week so don't really know what I'm talking about but I'm using my Syns weekly. That having been said, I'm doing this cautiously and make sure no single day goes too much beyond 25 or I know I won't be able to compensate in the rest of the week without being very restrictive. Similarly I can see that I have to have a couple of 'less than 10' days in the week and my weekends are likely to be the days that go higher. I guess it's makes sense that SW don't want people to get into a pattern where you indulge loads and then have to really limit the rest of the week as that doesn't reflect a regular and consistent eating pattern, but there are always going to be people who can carry it off or actually prefer that alternating pattern.

I think that if it is working for you or might make the difference between staying on plan or falling off permanently then it makes sense to carry on saving them.

Personally I choose not to because I rather like the discipline of having a fixed amount each day.

I always used to save syns like you're describing and lost weight.
My New Years resolution (one of them) was to only have alcohol one day of each week in January, and to stick within 5-10 syns on a non-exercise day, and 10 - 15 on an exercise day (even the drinking day). Needless to say, it's got me off my bum on the day that I've been drinking. The rest of the time I usually find myself wondering what to do with my syns, as I'm not used to using them on food stuff!

Been handy this week though, as have been without kitchen facilities!

Back