Flexible syns

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Could someone explain what they are and how they work?!?! thanks :)

Flexible syns are there for when you have an evening out or a wedding or something.
You decide on how manysyns you will allow yoursef - might be 70, or 100 for that day. You then keep counting that day whatever you have and because you've planned it you won't feel guilty.
The possibility is that you won't lose weight after a flexi syn day, but you will have achieved an on plan day because you stayed within the syns you've allowed yourself.

Flexi days should always be planned, you shouldn't just have a binge and then call it a flexi day, and you should only do them occasionally, not every week.

ok great thanks i understand now :)

Just to add to the excellent explaination above, that you shouldn't try and make up/save up for flexible syns on other days- for the rest of the week you should just carry on having 5-15 a day

xxx

This is a very important fact... well put !! as what alot of members think the flexi is saved or banked syns

Phil x:D

I find flexi syns impossible to work out if I am going out for a meal. you never know what has been put in the food, how it was cooked etc. How do you do it ? Do you just guess ?

I find flexi syns impossible to work out if I am going out for a meal. you never know what has been put in the food, how it was cooked etc. How do you do it ? Do you just guess ?

Sometimes an educated guess is the only way for me. At least I'm counting something and will be there or there abouts.

I always try and get a copy of the menu before hand- most are online. I work out what I will have and syn it on the SW site as most food is on there. I never syn for butter on veg as I always insist on no butter or oil when ordering in a restaurant. I always try and save syn allowance for sharing a dessert with hubby or half a bottle of wine (unless using flexi where I may have a full desset and lots of wine :))

Planning ahead, I suppose. I know it is a bit tedious, but well worth it

flexible, around 10-15 syns a day say sat nite your having a party or special meal, then you can save up syns , i make sure that im careful either side of my flexible day x

flexible, around 10-15 syns a day say sat nite your having a party or special meal, then you can save up syns , i make sure that im careful either side of my flexible day x

No, that is not flexible syns.
Flexible syns are when you plan a special occasion and plan how many syns you will have, be it 50 or a 100, and count them.
You need to stick to plan befor and straight after.

This is really interesting, I was under the impression that you had to cut down on syns for the rest of the week if you had a special occasion/meal out etc.
I can't believe I've been punishing myself all this time! :D

No you don't have to punish yourself by cutting back on syns, however, a flexi syn day is to use only for special occasions and not weekly.

Back