Flip Flops - Just to Make You Smile

Julie Phillips

In work we have a new boss who is flexing her muscles. She has decided to enforce the flip flop ban (which nobody ever took any notice of) as it's a Health and Safety issue.
Anyway, so many of the staff complained that one of the Team Leaders sent the following e mail to her seeking clarification:

'When exactly does a sandal become a flip flop? Do you have any sketches to help us to identify this?'

The answer....(honestly - I am telling you the truth)....

'There is no need for a diagram. Basically, if it goes flip flop when you walk - then it's a flip flop. As mules also go flip flop - they are banned as well'

I wonder which people management course she attended?????

Lol!!!

Love her definition of flip flops!!!!

I must admit I don't wear them to work but I have been supervising GCSE's this week and I need to wear "quiet" shoes as the flip flopping noise puts the pupils off!!!!!

x

Lol!!!

Love her definition of flip flops!!!!

I must admit I don't wear them to work but I have been supervising GCSE's this week and I need to wear "quiet" shoes as the flip flopping noise puts the pupils off!!!!!

x
Back when I was at school (GCSEs we're talking nearly 7 years ago) one of our lady teachers always wore loud healed shoes and during one exam was clip clopping up and down the hall until another teacher came up to her and told her to take them off!

Health and Safety wise I think theyre banned cos the flippy bit could get caught on something or something like that but theyre not the best shoes to make a quick escape in in an emergency etc. I do Health & Safety at work but I do think its daft.

P.S. what do you call a frenchman walking down a beach?....
.... Philleep Phillop

Lol Cathy!!!

I was in one exam with a lady in mules/posh flip flops and she had to take them off coz of the noise - her feet were freezing by the end of the exam coz it was in the sports hall and the floor was very cold!!!

x

They ought to let you all wear sneakers lol

:rotflmao: i thought that was hilarious hun

I'll have to suggest it to the exam boards!!!! Lol!!!

x

joke anyone?

In work we have a new boss who is flexing her muscles. She has decided to enforce the flip flop ban (which nobody ever took any notice of) as it's a Health and Safety issue.
Anyway, so many of the staff complained that one of the Team Leaders sent the following e mail to her seeking clarification:

'When exactly does a sandal become a flip flop? Do you have any sketches to help us to identify this?'

The answer....(honestly - I am telling you the truth)....

'There is no need for a diagram. Basically, if it goes flip flop when you walk - then it's a flip flop. As mules also go flip flop - they are banned as well'

I wonder which people management course she attended?????

JOKE....

Q: WHAT DOES A MAN WITH TWO LEFT FEET WEAR?

A: FLOP FLOPS

:D

She as a sense of humour......But don't mules go clip clop??

The Great Flip Flop Debate Gathers Speed......
The boss lady has now decided to have spot checks - and if you are found to be wearing :airquote:'banned footwear':airquote: you have to go home to change, and then make the time up at the end of the day.
The boys are not best pleased because the only choice they have now is 'proper shoes' or trainers on a Friday (dress-down day)
One of my friends is tottering about on 3 inch wedgies - but they are OK!!!!!

Back