Flutter's Diary

flutter-by-us

Silver Member
We go on hols in just over 8 weeks time and am determined to look "decent" in the photos and not be the person I've become hiding away from photos / video footage as I hate what I see. I have 2 young daughters (7 months and 2.7 years) and I WANT to have photos of us together (ok with the hubby too!) so here goes.
Have lost about a stone on Dukan but got very frustrated with weight jumping about all over the place so started Atkins today on induction. Not a great day for eating need to get more organised!
Induction
B - 2 x scrambled egg (no milk or butter), mini babybel light
L - grilled chicken breast, tomato slices, grated carrot, mayo
D - tuna in brine, lettuce, cucumber, mayo, small amount cheese
Exercise - swim with girls, 1hr walk, wii fit

No carrot Flutter, try to stick to green leafy veggies.

Doh! Can't believe I went wrong on the first day - thanks for pointing it out Jim shame really as my mum had made nice carrot and coriander soup for lunch!
B - 2 x eggs scrambled
L - 1 x slice ham, small amount lettuce, cucumber, blue cheese and couple of picked onions (to go with the blue cheese)
D - 3 x thai salmon fishcakes (adapted from Pig2Twig book - yummy), cauliflower, 1tbsp mayo
Exercise - 40mins swimming

good luck and welcome

It's a learning exercise flutter, we've all been there.

LOL,

don't be afraid to ask questions then love.

Welcome and good luck Flutter. I must admit, I have naughty carrots sometimes:whoopass:

Hi Flutter. Welcome & good luck. Don't be worried about going wrong, everyone is very friendly & helpful on here :D x

Welcome Flutter and good luck.
lorna x

Welcome and good luck Flutter. I must admit, I have naughty carrots sometimes:whoopass:

Hi Flutter. Welcome & good luck. Don't be worried about going wrong, everyone is very friendly & helpful on here :D x

Thank you - you're all stars!
Hehehe hard to believe now eating a carrot is naughty crikey that used to be eating the new double wispas!!!
x

B - 1 x dry fried egg and 2 x mushrooms
L - 1 x slice ham, tomato, mozarella (yum), handful lettuce, cucumber, small amount of mayo
D - 1.5 chicken breast, green thai paste (very salty), 2 x mushroom, half onion
Snack - sf jelly and alpro cream
Exercise - 25min wii workout

Green Thai Paste

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 serving (100.0 g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 155Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12.3g19%
Saturated Fat 0.6g3%
Sodium 1700mg71%
Total Carbohydrates 9.1g3%
Dietary Fiber 5.0g20%
Sugars 2.4g
Protein 1.8g

Blimey Jim, that's a lot! I've never tried it. Good job really :)

You have to read every lable like a hawk don't you love.

Don't I know it! I spent 30 years looking at the calories, I had never looked at a carb in my life. Now I know the carb value of weird things, lol. I must have looked at every type of pesto to get the lowest. Sometimes it takes me forever to do my shopping. I don't mind at all though, it's worth every minute! :D

Green Thai Paste

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 serving (100.0 g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 155Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12.3g19%
Saturated Fat 0.6g3%
Sodium 1700mg71%
Total Carbohydrates 9.1g3%
Dietary Fiber 5.0g20%
Sugars 2.4g
Protein 1.8g

Hi Jim - I used less than 20g of paste which was around 4g of carbs but literally it was made of salt so didn't eat it all and won't be eating it again.
On an even worse note bought some sausages yesterday and didn't notice the labelling on the front was only for sugar not for carbs so thinking I was doing well 1.4g for 2 sausages it was only that for sugar and carbs was 12g for 2 sausages!! Luckily I'd only eaten 1 so binned the other and will check more carefully - it's a minefield out there! Will try Lidl though for your recommended sausages!
Thanks for keeping an eye on me - someone has to!! ;)
x

Don't I know it! I spent 30 years looking at the calories, I had never looked at a carb in my life. Now I know the carb value of weird things, lol. I must have looked at every type of pesto to get the lowest. Sometimes it takes me forever to do my shopping. I don't mind at all though, it's worth every minute! :D

Know what you mean .... difficult to peruse every label with a 2 year old and 7 month old in the trolley and very laborious on-line but will be more careful! x

Back