Flutter's Diary

The hamster it's getting everywhere including wee ones mouth!! Fluffy so not the appropriate name still biting the wee blighter am telling my little girl that hamsters can change colour in case we need to get a new one!!!

Hiya Flutter

Just back in and read your post - you poor love, that is so awful!! What about paying Freya some money (but less than the childcare - that is hideous £!) to look after the kids?

Big hugs hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok Alpa we're heading your way! :D

It could be worse we could be asking mil to help out!! ;)
We might have to but that would mean residential ..... only thing is her daughter (my hubby's sister) stays at home with her 3 year old so even that isn't an option!

So sorry about your mum letting you down Lesley - what a bombshell. And when was she planning to tell you properly??? Maybe once the initial shock is over you could sit down with her and see if there's any way she could do even half a day for you, rather than pulling out completely. She must feel bad too - play on that!

Are you putting an ad in the local paper for a childminder? Some do get vacancies at this time of year, and they can be so lovely and just as nice an environment as a nursery. Or ask at mums and toddlers group? You might find someone by word of mouth. Or an ad in your local shop? Dead cheap.

Anyway, hope it all works out for you pet - NOT what you needed!

And big hug to Vicky for the crap time of year it is for you - come here where people are nice and we'll help you forget. :crazy:

So sorry about your mum letting you down Lesley - what a bombshell. And when was she planning to tell you properly??? Maybe once the initial shock is over you could sit down with her and see if there's any way she could do even half a day for you, rather than pulling out completely. She must feel bad too - play on that!

I'm not sure she appreciates what it actually means as she was pretty kind of off hand about it she's taken on referrals on the day we'd agreed she looks after them and still she hadn't thought to mention it. Maybe when I feel calmer I'll tell her ...

Are you putting an ad in the local paper for a childminder? Some do get vacancies at this time of year, and they can be so lovely and just as nice an environment as a nursery. Or ask at mums and toddlers group? You might find someone by word of mouth. Or an ad in your local shop? Dead cheap.

I've found a couple of childminders locally who had spaces so just need to visit them and see if they suit. I have a thing though of 1 person looking after my girls and they become attached (which is good I know well probably) I'm their Mummy just hope they remember!!

Anyway, hope it all works out for you pet - NOT what you needed!

Thank you xxxx

And big hug to Vicky for the crap time of year it is for you - come here where people are nice and we'll help you forget. :crazy:

I second that and where people can also be not nice but in a jokey way - I love it!! ;) xx

Hey flutter...

I was a childminder for a couple of years between my 2 kids & can I just reassure you there is NEVER anyone like Mummy no matter how close you get to the kids...

I hope that you can get things sorted, if you want to ask any questions about childminders (nearly wrote Dragons then, b'coz we are watching 'how to train yr dragon' not b'coz childminders are dragons!) please do. xxx

Hey flutter...

I was a childminder for a couple of years between my 2 kids & can I just reassure you there is NEVER anyone like Mummy no matter how close you get to the kids...

Thanks love I am worried about that ....

I hope that you can get things sorted, if you want to ask any questions about childminders (nearly wrote Dragons then, b'coz we are watching 'how to train yr dragon' not b'coz childminders are dragons!) please do. xxx

LOL yes I will have a list of questions - can I pm you? xx

Yeah I'm in the 60s - 69.8kg to be exact my lightest in at least 4 years ......

B - to be decided
L - salmon and cream cheese
D - pork

Last edited:
Well done in being in the 60's!

Hopefully something will work out for you - it is a huge stress working and being a mum. If only life was simple enough to make ti feasible for us all to be stay at home mums for a good chunk of time xx

Thanks ladies and yes absolutely I agree being an at home mum for longer would be ideal and it's frustruting to think I can't even though we don't have a lavish lifestyle just to exist I need to work!

yey well done gorgeous :D
and i agree with Linz - there is no one quite like Mummy xxxx

Hey Flutter - how are you today?

I'm sorry to hear about your childcare woes. I totally hear you on that one - when I first moved to Scotland, I beat 82 other applicants for an NHS job (a job I really wanted - working on cutting down waiting times for cancer patients). Turns out, the final salary offer was meager... after paying childcare for one child and the petrol needed to get to work, I'd be bringing home £50 a month. I didn't take the job.

Since then, I've become a mobile nail technician, which as been quite lucrative over the past 3 years (am in a bit of a lull right now though... no one can afford such luxuries in this economy!) but I'm not starving. I've not had to put my kids in childcare, and I'm earning more than £50 a month :) When my youngest is a bit older and going to nursery, I'll go proper part-time and eventually full time, but for now, this works for me.

I really hope you find a way around this - working when you have kids is stressful enough!! I wish your mum thought about what she was doing to you by making this decision... perhaps she needs to know?

Back