Flying high

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by AlexIce, 1 December 2009 Social URL.

1. AlexIce

AlexIce Silver Member

Start Weight:
    160kg
    Current Weight:
    147kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    13kg(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Statement and question

1. I am going to be flying on Friday - back to UK for a long weekend to see my mum. The past couple of times I have flown I haven't had to ask for an extension belt but purely cos I pulled like hell and squashed myself. This time I won't be squashed! Also - I am looking forward to not having my knees pressed against the seat in front. I figure the weight I have lost from my back will give me more room - I can already tell from my position while driving.
    lol Now I just have to lose more weight so I can get the tray down properly and flying may almost become a pleasure!

2. Question - does anyone have any experience with travel sickness tablets? I get violently ill but since I discovered Boots tablets years ago, everything has been fine....until I went on CD. Last time I flew I took my tablets as usual, got on the plane and was ill within 5 minutes. A friend thinks this may be because there wasn't enough food in my tummy as I am usually taking them after a decent breakfast. Any ideas folks? I really don't want to go through being ill like that again. Should I have something else to eat before I take them?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rebecca02uk

rebecca02uk Wants to be slim :)

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey Alex,

I have looked at the active ingredient and there is no information on whether these tablets should be taken on an empty stomach.

However, Don't Forget Your Toothbrush (or Teabags, Slippers, Passport...!) has some tips on travel sickness and advises not to travel on an empty stomach - but typically, doesn't say why!!

Sorry, this probably doesn't help you too much!!

AlexIce likes this.
  4. AlexIce

AlexIce Silver Member

Start Weight:
    160kg
    Current Weight:
    147kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    13kg(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Rebecca - I read the link you posted - yes it does help as it's another vote for having something more substantial before I fly. I don't want to break my SS but I can't cope with being ill again so maybe I'll take a tupper with some chicken or something!

5. Chlo

Chlo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.7%)
    Diet:
    LL / CD
    Could you possibly have a breakfast to take them with, a couple of eggs shouldn't do much harm, or eat a SS+ meal.

6. AlexIce

AlexIce Silver Member

Start Weight:
    160kg
    Current Weight:
    147kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    13kg(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yes - I think I shall try a n 810 meal!

7. JimmyShoo

JimmyShoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(27.32%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    try the wrist bands hon they are meant to help with travel sickness and my friend wears them during pregnancy and my sister wears them after her Chemotherapy for nausea.

Good luck hon x

8. MinnieMel

MinnieMel Why Be Normal?

Start Weight:
    192lb
    Current Weight:
    192lb
    Goal Weight:
    138lb
    Lost(%):
    0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers/low carb/cc
    I find that whatever is in JoyRide does not make me ill, whereas other products do. Also, you could try something homeopathic or from a healthfood store. Welcome Home!

MM

9. Banafell

Banafell Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(17.44%)
    How about eating the porridge? that way you'll have something in your stomach before you take the pills. Good Luck x

10. AlexIce

AlexIce Silver Member

Start Weight:
    160kg
    Current Weight:
    147kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    13kg(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Can't stomach the porridge or the shakes. I think I shall have a soup when I get up as usual and then take some chicken to have cold in the airport before I go through customs and then take my tablets.
    It so happens that my 810 week starts tomorrow so it's well times for my flight! I can actually officially have some chicken and veggies!

11. MinnieMel

MinnieMel Why Be Normal?

Start Weight:
    192lb
    Current Weight:
    192lb
    Goal Weight:
    138lb
    Lost(%):
    0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers/low carb/cc
    I hope you have a safe and comfortable trip.

MM

12. AlexIce

AlexIce Silver Member

Start Weight:
    160kg
    Current Weight:
    147kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    13kg(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks MinnieMe :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.