Foiled by supermarkets

Thelma

Silver Member
Ok, first things first...I know part of this is my fault as I was unprepared, but apart from that, there was no way out!

So, went to work today knowing that I had a supply of porridge in my desk drawer for lunch but forgetting to take a bar/tetra for breakfast/snack. Wasn't too worried by that though as I knew I'd be finishing sharp so could have 2nd shake/soup at tea time and 3rd at 9ish. However, I was at a meeting in a different building which lasted for way longer than it was supposed to and so I didn't make it back to my own office (and porridge supply!) as I had to go straight to another meeting.

No problem, I thought. I'm on 'add a meal' week so I'll nip out to the shops and get a chicken salad or something similar. Easier said than done! Only 1 supermarket nearby and all that was on offer was prawn salad (don't like prawns), cheese salad, pasta salad or sandwiches. Couldn't even find a bag of lettuce and some cooked chicken!!! (And it's a metro so is pretty well kitted out...well, so you'd think!)

Thought I'd try sandwich bars in case they did a salad bowl type thing - 2 had closed down! Thought I'd try Boots/Superdrug etc - nothing except sandwiches with mayo!

Ended up with a chicken wrap (no mayo) as thought it seemed the best of a bad lot, but I'm thinking I'll do well if I hold onto ketosis! But, am consoling myself thinking about the calories I used up in my quest for food!

Anyway, just wanted to post to warn others not to get caught this way. Lesson learned - even if you think you're prepared, you're not! I put a bar in my bag as soon as I got home!!!

Least you picked the healthy option!! Lesson well learnt and hopefully it wont make much of a difference :) just keep going hunny xxx

It's so easy to be caught out! On Sunday I went to bed too late and consequently woke up later on Monday morning, and had to rush to get the train to meet my CDc, so didn't have time for breakfast (normally have it at half 11). Then had to wait half an hour for the train back, so had to go straight to a lesson instead of going home first.

First meal I had all day was at half past 5! I would rather wait than risk eating something I shouldn't as I'm not on SS+. Obviously if I'd started to feel ill etc I would have had an SS+ meal, but I felt fine despite all the rushing about, so was quite lucky.

Good tip though Thelma! :) xx

Thanks guys. :gen126:

Did my best but was pretty hacked off about is especially as tomorrow's weigh in day! Not to worry - if it's made a difference, I'll sort it out by next week.
T x

let us know how you got on hun xxxxxxxx the same sort of thing happened to me, but I was lucky and went into an M&S and grabbed some cooked chicken. xx

Thanks, Furry. Will do.

I'm going to steal your Stone Countdown, if you don't mind! Fab idea!!

x

This happened to me too when I got dragged into an all-day meeting at which lunch was provided! (I ended up eating sandwiches - it was that or nothing, and I needed all the energy I could get.) I lost 1½ lbs that week, which wasn't brilliant but it was still a loss - so it didn't turn out too badly. :eek:

It would take more than this to send you out of ketosis - I've had more than one dodgy moment over the last 12 weeks, and I haven't gone out of ketosis once.

This happened to me too when I got dragged into an all-day meeting at which lunch was provided! (I ended up eating sandwiches - it was that or nothing, and I needed all the energy I could get.) I lost 1½ lbs that week, which wasn't brilliant but it was still a loss - so it didn't turn out too badly. :eek:

It would take more than this to send you out of ketosis - I've had more than one dodgy moment over the last 12 weeks, and I haven't gone out of ketosis once.

Thanks, Jacey - that's good to know about the ketosis.

Pesky work - why must we do it?! ;) One day I'll be a lady of leisure and all my problems will be solved! lol :giggle:

Thanks, Jacey - that's good to know about the ketosis.

Pesky work - why must we do it?! ;) One day I'll be a lady of leisure and all my problems will be solved! lol :giggle:
Funnily enough, I took early retirement at 50 (with the idea of being a lady of leisure!) but after a year of supervising redecorating at home, I was bored! I've now got two little part-time jobs which take up 1½ days a week, which suits me just fine. It sounds all right to visualise lying around all day, filing your nails - but if you have a decent brain, it still needs a bit of exercising now and then! (It was stagnating at home, that's for sure...:rolleyes:)

Funnily enough, I took early retirement at 50 (with the idea of being a lady of leisure!) but after a year of supervising redecorating at home, I was bored! I've now got two little part-time jobs which take up 1½ days a week, which suits me just fine. It sounds all right to visualise lying around all day, filing your nails - but if you have a decent brain, it still needs a bit of exercising now and then! (It was stagnating at home, that's for sure...:rolleyes:)

The grass is always greener! I'd be a nightmare if I won the lottery - I probably wouldn't want to give up my job!! Well, not completely anyway!! 1.5 days per week sounds just fine. Sounds like you've got the balance right, Jaycey :)

Back