folic acid

linznel

Does anyone know if the packs contain any folic acid? if not is it ok to take a supplement ?

not sure but ill try and find out xxx

had a little look at the stuff i have

both choc tetras and orange choc bars do have folic acid and choc sachets have folacin, which as far as google is concerned is the same thing!

as for suppliments i can see why not but im not 100% on that.

hope this helps
xxx

The packs contain the recommended dose of Folic acid (Folicin on pack description)

Are you trying for a baby or wondering in general, if you are ttc I was told by medical adviser it was fine to take the extra folic acid supplement.

julesrush
cdc norwich

I have a shake pack box here and it says folate (basically another name for folic acid) 200micrograms per 3 packs, which is 100% of rda. I'm pretty sure this is the same for the soups as well.

I am not ttc at the moment as have had a miscarriage a couple of weeks ago and can't try for 4 months "apparantly" I thought i'd use the time wisely.

im sorry to hear that

good luck in the future tho xxx

The packs contain 200mcg of FA ie 100% RDA however if you are trying to conceive you should be taking 400mcg or 200% RDA so I would say you need to take a supplement (as I do without any problems).

Sorry to hear about your loss I also had a M/C and I know the heartache (((hugsS))) my fertility doc said that he wants me on higher dosage of FA 600mcg so between the packs and my supplements I am covered :)

Best of luck TTC again when you get the go ahead

Hi hedgehog thanks for that - researching and reading about the cambridge diet has taken me away from the miscarriage forums and has helped tme to get back on track. I am now on day 4 and for the past few days food has been on my mind rather than babies yeh!

Its definitely good to have a distraction (((hugs))) you will still have your moments and of course milestones to get through, be good to yourself (obviously not with food LOL)

Best of luck

Sorry to hear about your miss, had one myself and they really are emotionally draining. Good luck with both the diet and the TTC! Thinking of you!
xx

Back