Following plan at home-success or not?

lancsgirl

yummy mummy in the making
morning guys, im following the plan at home, for various reasons, and just wanted to ask if there are any ladies or gents that are also doing it at home and are you having success? just wanted to know if going to the classes and getting the one to one support makes a huge difference?

Hi, I started back at sw last week and joined a class just to get the updated pack. I wont be going back to class for the sheer fact i can't afford the £5 fee each weekand I get all the information i need from sites like this. My motivation comes from the personal goals i am setting for myself too.
My sister has been doing slimming world for a few months now and pays her fee just to get weighed, she doesn't stay to class but knowing that she is being weighed in class is enough to keep her on the straight and narrow
I suppose it is down to the individual but personally i think you can achieve all you want to from home :)

Hi,

I have followed the plan from home since august too for various reasons & have so far lost over 4 stone. I think it very much depends on the person as I know a lot of people who really couldnt do without the support of a class. In saying that I do find the support of everyone on here fantastic & especially the teams. I weigh myself at the same time every week & it helps for me to have someone to tell or answer to. I am probably my own worst critic though so I think that helps keep me on track.

Good luck with the plan :)

morning guys, im following the plan at home, for various reasons, and just wanted to ask if there are any ladies or gents that are also doing it at home and are you having success? just wanted to know if going to the classes and getting the one to one support makes a huge difference?
I am following the plan from home using my old SW books. I seem to be doing ok and I lost 4lbs my first week. Only just started my second week so will have to see how that goes. This website is great for support and motivation. You have to create your own success ;) Good luck :)

I am following it from home as well. I find it impossible to get to groups, due to very young children and dh going bed very early for work.

At first, and I still have days/moments where I think I cant do it alone. But then I realise that I am not alone, I have my fb supporters and here!

I feel its drummed into you in class that you cant do it alone, not sure why this is. Weekly money you bring in maybe ;)

I joined my local group last year, and for about 6 weeks I paid weekly and stayed for group, but due to losing my job I stopped going. I started slimming world again last monday, and am doing it from for the time being until things get back on track. This website gives a lot of inspiration and motivation so I seem to be doing fine (I lost 8Ilbs when I weighed myself yesterday!) I think you have to be really determined to shift the weight, and continue to push yourself at home. It's really easy to slip back into old habits because there isn't anyone to monitor your progress...apart from yourself, where as at group you have your consultant's support. I used to call and text mine all hours of the day with questions and when I felt I needed her help! You could try it at home initially and see how it goes :)

I've done it all online from home and wouldn't have it any other way. If you are determined and motivated you will succeed. Good luck!

For me I lack the discipline to stay on track 100% if I follow it at home, but there are lots of people who manage to stick to plan without the need to go to class.

Wish I was one of those people!!!

Hiya Hun

i think it totally depends on what kind of person you are.
I have always done SW from home because i'm very self motivated and also don't like the whole 'group therapy' type thing.
I think if you are motivated yourself it's easy peasy! however if you fall off the wagon easy and need a good kick up the backside at times then group is great too.
My nana does SW group so keeps me upto date with all the going on, and i use minimins as my SW group.
If doing it from home i would suggest finding a SW buddy,who you can go to for any general help or just to have a moan about life!!
Also set yourself up a food diary/ exercise diary on the relevant page so that way people can give you help and advise!

kate

Ive lost 2 stone and found it really easy to stick to

*holds hand up*
I'm doing it at home, have lost nearly 3.5 stone so far, this site is a great support network
:)

Im a home girl as well...wasnt too keen on the group I went to, didnt find it hugely supportive & Im not keen on the 'group thung'! But each to there own of course, you have to do what suits you. I think if you really want to lose weight you can do it anywhere... this site is great & there are so many other slimmers who help you out with any question....& we're all in the same boat, so you feel supported

I really would like to do it at home but I don't think I would be truthful or I would miss WI etc. I admire and envy all of you who are strong enough :-D

For me I lack the discipline to stay on track 100% if I follow it at home, but there are lots of people who manage to stick to plan without the need to go to class.

Wish I was one of those people!!!

Me too! I just don't have the self discipline to do it on my own at home, I need the motivation of going to be weighed to spur me on.

This site and other places I have found to keep me on track, you can do anything if you set your mind to it. I do it at home and have no problems :)

I did the self-style thing myself before going to class.

I went from 17st 7 to 15st 4 (2st 3lb) by myself but not always 100% SW - just by cutting down, eating fruit instead of fatty snacks etc. So it got me a good start.

I was worried I might get bored and joined my local group for all the support, books and info. Have lost a further 2st 8.5lb - so 4st 11.5lb in total.

SO realistically it can be done both ways.

If I had little time to spare, or was short of funds or miles away from a group I know I could do it solo.

Steve

Back