Food Doctor

Madoody

Hi, has anyone tried this? More to the point does anyone know roughly how many calories it is per day?
I know calorie counting is not the idea here, and I am looking forward to moving away from it, but as I will be coming off a vlcd it is kind of important that I have an idea when I start as I come off the plans. I really like the look of the plan and the recipes so would love to be able to transition straight onto it as it looks very sustainable.
Maddy

Hi hope somebody no's about this I'm interested in knowing too:)

LOL, got all excited for a minute thinking I had an answer;)

Hi,

I love the food doctor!!Ian Marber!

I am currently on LL, but for the year previous on/off when my head was in the right place I followed his recipies and plans with great success.

This was because it was not about calories (so sorry can't help you on that .... (although will have a look in one of my books if gives me a clue and post later if any details)

When it said you will not feel hungry, it was true and I did not have the energy dips like I have had on other diets as you try and eek out meals.

It depends on have 5 small meals at regular intervals to maintain blood sugar.

Most of the recipies were nice/interesting and he recommends good quality ingredients and prefer not low fat with perhaps poorer nutrients.

Hope this has helped, I will follow my managements books when get to goal in a few weeks, but hope to return to some of the philospy and recipies of Food Doctor when able to if fits in with LL.

Sam

Thanks Sam!
I am messing around at the mo, I am on CD 1000 plan and it is messing with my head (had no probs SS or 790!). Can't keep to it, but equally the things I am nibbling (dried fruit mainly)aren't amounting to a huge amount of cals but not losing weight, so I am worried that if I abandon cd for something where I stop calorie counting, I might gain :( Depressing thought that my maintenance calories might be so low...

Let us know what you decide.

Have just had my nose in The Food Dr Book again after refusing to look at it to see about the combibations of food for somebody.

What has took you off the straight and narrow?

Remember despite snacking, they are all good things and not a couple of portions of high fat binges!!!

I would be more than happy to write out a weeks menu plan if you told me waht you like, what have you got to gain for doing a week. I am really sure would not put (unless you have a really low calorie intake now!)

Anyway, good luck

Sam

I went to The Food Doctor clinic in London about some digestive problems.
I have to say it was a life-changeing experience and I came away very enlightened.
I would definately recommend The Food Doctor diet to any yoyo dieters or people who find it hard to stick to other diet plans, as it's very much a philosophy and way of life. You're never hungry and my energy levels soared.
I couldn't tell you how many calories it involves, but I know that Ian is not a fan of low calorie diets and their effect on metabolism, and so recommends eating more than you are probably used to.

Back