Food processor recipes?

prettykins

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any fave Sw food processor recipes or tips? I've just got one, mainly to make smoothies ( I know they're synned), and syn free houmous. Can't think of much else at the mo!
X

Hiding vegetables in things! I blitz onions, peppers, celery, carrots, chilli and garlic then add tins of tomatoes and passata. Bring to boil and simmer till it's thick. I cook a huge pot and freeze it in single portions. You can have it on its own on pasta, or use it as a base for stews, curries, bolognese etc. (you can use any veg obviously, and leave out the chilli if it's not to your taste).

I use mine for syn-free liver pate - I use about 700g lambs liver and a small red onion. Cut the liver into approx 1" chunks and chop the onion roughly. Put them into a pan and just cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then turn the heat off and leave the pan on the hotplate for about 20-30 minutes to cook a bit more and cool a little. Then drain all the liquid off and transfer the liver and onions to the food processor. Add a generous quantity of garlic salt (to taste) and about 3tbsp fat free cottage cheese, then blend until smooth - takes longer than you'd expect but does get there in the end! You will have to keep stopping and use a flexible spatula down the sides to make sure all the bits are thoroughly blended. Spoon into a tupperware container and place in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, it does harden as it cools so don't stress if it's a bit sloppy. You can also add lean bacon to this if you have any (just add it to the pan with the liver in the beginning), yum! Lovely with fresh veg sticks or on your HexB Ryvitas/bread/toast for supper. Enjoy!

I use mine for syn-free liver pate - I use about 700g lambs liver and a small red onion. Cut the liver into approx 1" chunks and chop the onion roughly. Put them into a pan and just cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then turn the heat off and leave the pan on the hotplate for about 20-30 minutes to cook a bit more and cool a little. Then drain all the liquid off and transfer the liver and onions to the food processor. Add a generous quantity of garlic salt (to taste) and about 3tbsp fat free cottage cheese, then blend until smooth - takes longer than you'd expect but does get there in the end! You will have to keep stopping and use a flexible spatula down the sides to make sure all the bits are thoroughly blended. Spoon into a tupperware container and place in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, it does harden as it cools so don't stress if it's a bit sloppy. You can also add lean bacon to this if you have any (just add it to the pan with the liver in the beginning), yum! Lovely with fresh veg sticks or on your HexB Ryvitas/bread/toast for supper. Enjoy!

That sounds soooo yummy...i love pate and really miss having it...how long will it keep in the fridge?

That recipe usually makes enough for me for about five days and I don't have a problem with it going off or anything - however, I also recently discovered (when I went away for the weekend and had some left) that it actually freezes quite well too so you could always freeze some if the recipe makes too much for you. Enjoy! :)

I do loads of soups in mine, and things like blitzing cooked veg with stock/quark etc to make pasta and steak sauces.

That recipe usually makes enough for me for about five days and I don't have a problem with it going off or anything - however, I also recently discovered (when I went away for the weekend and had some left) that it actually freezes quite well too so you could always freeze some if the recipe makes too much for you. Enjoy! :)

Thank you...will have a go on the weekend!

Make a curry base by dry frying spices (cumin, coriander, mustard seeds, whatever you fancy), then fry onion in fry light for 5 to 10 mins, then add grated ginger and garlic and fry for 3 mins more.

Remove from the heat, cool. Put in the blender with some water (just a touch, then add more as you need it) to make a base for curries. Freeze it in portions :)

Use it by de-frosting, re-heat in pan. Add your meat/veg and additional spices. Top up with water, simmer, eat.

Make a curry base by dry frying spices (cumin, coriander, mustard seeds, whatever you fancy), then fry onion in fry light for 5 to 10 mins, then add grated ginger and garlic and fry for 3 mins more. Remove from the heat, cool. Put in the blender with some water (just a touch, then add more as you need it) to make a base for curries. Freeze it in portions :) Use it by de-frosting, re-heat in pan. Add your meat/veg and additional spices. Top up with water, simmer, eat.

Thanks ceebee , sounds like a good idea :) x

Back