Food replacement v slimming world

Yummymummy30

Am really struggling with losing weigh. I have tried every diet going. I have lost weight on them but have put it all back on plus more. I was just wondering if anyone has done meal replacement diet and slimming world.

I don't see how meal replacement & SW can work together, you'd probably have to syn the meal replacement.

SW is healthy eating & you can eat loads of yummy foods, but you will find the loses are not as quick as meal replacements as on SW.

If your problem with diets is that you find you put the weight back on after, then I think slimming world is the way forward, as said above losses on slimming world don't tend to be as quick as on meal replacements, but its an easy plan to follow and to keep up with and maintain once you've lost your weight.

I got to target just before Christmas and have struggled with little gains and losses, which sometimes gets me down, but the most I gained was 7lbs over Christmas, the other gains are nothing really, when you consider if I'd lost weight with meal replacements I would have probably put the whole 2 stone plus back on

If your problem is jumping off the wagon and putting weight back on, then that's the bit that's most important for you to address otherwise things will never change. Personally, I don't think meal replacements are sustainable long term. I've stuck to SW for over 2 years now and many on here have been doing it for way longer. It's a cliche, but it's the lifestyle change that is important and that can make a difference to your ability to keep on plan. Good luck!

It's probably a really controversial view, but here goes.....

Have you considered WW? The reason I say this is that meal replacement won't help you with the deep seated food issues that mean you seem to gain all the weight back after dieting, and SW would teach you healthy eating, but not portion control ( not really anyway). It sounds like portion control is your issue, which WW does teach you, and it also promotes healthy eating too.

It's probably a really controversial view, but here goes.....

Have you considered WW? The reason I say this is that meal replacement won't help you with the deep seated food issues that mean you seem to gain all the weight back after dieting, and SW would teach you healthy eating, but not portion control ( not really anyway). It sounds like portion control is your issue, which WW does teach you, and it also promotes healthy eating too.

We'll have to shun you for mentioning WW....

Just kidding obviously ha ha xx

Back