Foodie thoughts and munchie mumbles, food diary of a self confessed chocoholic

Awww! Exactly the same as me, are you off anywhere nice?

Well Done on climbing Scafell Pike AND on losing a lb! You Go Girl! How's your week been since you got back? X

Hey, Serena, my official wi was yesterday so sts. Very happy with that, yesterday we went for a walk in our local area and where out walking for 6 hours with probably an hour sitting so I put 5 hours in the activity tracker and earned 17APs :eek: We walked from where we live through the fields to Harthill, then from Harthill to the train station at Kiveton Park, onto the Chesterfield canal to Shireoaks, then all the way back again. It was beautiful, we saw a tiny grass snake, heard an owl, watched the swans and ducks, Mark took some beautiful pictures and there was an amazing sunset!

Before we set off I had 2 50/50 rolls with 30g lf soft cheese and a slice of ham. I had half a cider at one of the pubs we went past, then a mini tub of ginger and honey ice cream from a little hut at Turnerwood on the Chesterfield canal, then when we got to Shireoaks we bought a ginsters cheese & onion sandwich, which we shared , pringles and a magnum each. Then when we got home I was hungry so I made us some chicken noodle soup as I only wanted something light after all the rubbish we'd eaten.
Total pp for day was 45, and 17 aps.

Today I'm back on track properly
so today's food

Breakfast 4
30g special k
60ml ss milk
banana

Lunch 9
chicken noodle soup
pringles

dinner

Hey, Serena, my official wi was yesterday so sts. Very happy with that, yesterday we went for a walk in our local area and where out walking for 6 hours with probably an hour sitting so I put 5 hours in the activity tracker and earned 17APs :eek: We walked from where we live through the fields to Harthill, then from Harthill to the train station at Kiveton Park, onto the Chesterfield canal to Shireoaks, then all the way back again. It was beautiful, we saw a tiny grass snake, heard an owl, watched the swans and ducks, Mark took some beautiful pictures and there was an amazing sunset!

Before we set off I had 2 50/50 rolls with 30g lf soft cheese and a slice of ham. I had half a cider at one of the pubs we went past, then a mini tub of ginger and honey ice cream from a little hut at Turnerwood on the Chesterfield canal, then when we got to Shireoaks we bought a ginsters cheese & onion sandwich, which we shared , pringles and a magnum each. Then when we got home I was hungry so I made us some chicken noodle soup as I only wanted something light after all the rubbish we'd eaten.
Total pp for day was 45, and 17 aps.

Today I'm back on track properly
so today's food

Breakfast 4
30g special k
60ml ss milk
banana

Lunch 9
chicken noodle soup
pringles

dinner

That sounds like such a lovely day for you and Mark :) Did you have good weather yesterday too? Sounds as tho you made some excellent food choices and OMG 17AP, you go girl! What's on the Menu for dinner tonight? X

We had chilli for teaa and it was rubbish :( I'm having a few bad days, I start ok then by evening I'm raiding cupboards and scrounging for stuff. I actually threw out half a tub of pringles this morning as I was so disgusted with myself because I went downstairs after Mark had gone to bed and ate about a third of a tub, just ramming them in like they were going out of fashion :( Today hasn't been much better, 2 50/50 rolls with lemon curd and a piece of soreen for brekkie/lunch then I was working until 10 this evening and went and bought an egg and cress sandwich, a bag of walkers crisps, a pack of 4 mini savoury eggs, a mini caramel flapjack and a pack of ferero rafaello chocolates and scoffed the lot on my break. Total pp about 46 but it could be more as I didn't measure the lemon curd or soreen! Just said to Mark, I feel really down for some reason and just want to scoff everything in site :(

We had chilli for teaa and it was rubbish :( I'm having a few bad days, I start ok then by evening I'm raiding cupboards and scrounging for stuff. I actually threw out half a tub of pringles this morning as I was so disgusted with myself because I went downstairs after Mark had gone to bed and ate about a third of a tub, just ramming them in like they were going out of fashion :( Today hasn't been much better, 2 50/50 rolls with lemon curd and a piece of soreen for brekkie/lunch then I was working until 10 this evening and went and bought an egg and cress sandwich, a bag of walkers crisps, a pack of 4 mini savoury eggs, a mini caramel flapjack and a pack of ferero rafaello chocolates and scoffed the lot on my break. Total pp about 46 but it could be more as I didn't measure the lemon curd or soreen! Just said to Mark, I feel really down for some reason and just want to scoff everything in site :(

Awwwww Sweetie, sending you hugs, unfortunately we all get times like this :-( I know I certainly do! I don't blame us, i blame the food makes as I'm sure they lace things like Pringles with crack cocaine ;-) Hope that today is better for you :) x

That is exactly what I've been doing all week!!! And drinking cans of cider too!!! I wake up in the morning and it's like ok let's draw a line.. My thread is full of lines now!!! My lunchbox is usually full of fruit, 3/4 pieces per day but wasn't interested in them and by the time I came home from work I was shoveling things into my mouth that I wouldn't normally eat at all.. And nothing satisfied me.. The more I was eating the worse I was feeling.. Have you something on your mind maybe that is indirectly affecting your moods? xxx

Hey gals, haven't been posting as I've been having a crap time, I'm exhausted and not pointing or at least not pointing everything. I did lose this week, I lost 1.5lb but I don't know how! I'm trying to get back in to pointing, I'm struggling with being too tired to cook so I'm eating crap all the time which just makes me feel worse. Hope everyone is doing ok.
Anna x

Hey gals, haven't been posting as I've been having a crap time, I'm exhausted and not pointing or at least not pointing everything. I did lose this week, I lost 1.5lb but I don't know how! I'm trying to get back in to pointing, I'm struggling with being too tired to cook so I'm eating crap all the time which just makes me feel worse. Hope everyone is doing ok.
Anna x

Hey Anna, Sorry to hear you're having a rubbish time lately :-( but well done on losing 1.5lb all the same :) Still pop by and say hi even if you're not pointing, we miss you :) x

Aww! Thanks lovely lady :) I do keep popping on and reading everyones threads, I'm just feeling a bit anti-social at the mo. I do tend to get a bit like this at this time of year, don't understand it as I love Autumn, it's my favourite time of year. I just think it's the run up to Xmas that starts getting to me, I'm not a fan of Xmas and I do try not to be a humbug. It's hard when everyone is going on about how excited their kids are and you feel you're missing out. I know I can join in with my sisters family and enjoy her kids, although two of them are grown up now and the youngest is now in high school, but it's not the same as having your own kids, no matter what people say. It's stupid as I'm too old to have kids now anyhoo, so it shouldn't bother me any more but it does and I can't really explain properly to people as they don't 'get' it, even if they say they do, they have kids and will never understand how it feels not to be able to have kids.

Aww! Thanks lovely lady :) I do keep popping on and reading everyones threads, I'm just feeling a bit anti-social at the mo. I do tend to get a bit like this at this time of year, don't understand it as I love Autumn, it's my favourite time of year. I just think it's the run up to Xmas that starts getting to me, I'm not a fan of Xmas and I do try not to be a humbug. It's hard when everyone is going on about how excited their kids are and you feel you're missing out. I know I can join in with my sisters family and enjoy her kids, although two of them are grown up now and the youngest is now in high school, but it's not the same as having your own kids, no matter what people say. It's stupid as I'm too old to have kids now anyhoo, so it shouldn't bother me any more but it does and I can't really explain properly to people as they don't 'get' it, even if they say they do, they have kids and will never understand how it feels not to be able to have kids.

Awwww we can be Bah Humbugs together! People look at me strangely when I say I'm not a fan of Christmas, like Ive used a swear word!!! I'm always here if u need to chat.xxxxx

:bighug:Thanks Serena :) I have pointed and traced today and had 33pp, going to make a cup of cocoa to try to get rid of the chocolate urge lol! It's already accounted for :) It was my day off work today and I've done nothing except mess about on my computer. It's been nice just switching off and not worrying about stuff :)

:bighug:Thanks Serena :) I have pointed and traced today and had 33pp, going to make a cup of cocoa to try to get rid of the chocolate urge lol! It's already accounted for :) It was my day off work today and I've done nothing except mess about on my computer. It's been nice just switching off and not worrying about stuff :)

Whoop Whoop! Well Done! Do u like Options? I love them for helping with my Chocolate 'Urge' ! I've never tried Cocoa, what does it taste like? X

I do like options but run out and it's not pay day until tomorrow, we've been living on store cupboard stuff this week. Cocoa tastes like drinking chocolate but you do have to sweeten it as there is no sweetness to it at all. I have the tesco everyday value reduced fat cocoa and it works out at 0pp for 6g(1tsp) or 1 for 2 tsp but then you have to add milk to it.

I do like options but run out and it's not pay day until tomorrow, we've been living on store cupboard stuff this week. Cocoa tastes like drinking chocolate but you do have to sweeten it as there is no sweetness to it at all. I have the tesco everyday value reduced fat cocoa and it works out at 0pp for 6g(1tsp) or 1 for 2 tsp but then you have to add milk to it.

Sounds like a useful store cupboard ingredient to have! I've only used it in Cakes, never realised you could drink it! I've been on a bit of a Freezer/Store Cupboard week too! X

Awww hun. Sending you big hugs. xxxx

Never tried drinkn cocoa either must give it a try

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sending you loadsa loves n hugs!! I've done my 2 weeks of crap already.. Each year in September/ October I go through an awful time.. So I was well prepared this year.. Saw it coming, ate crap for a week, saw a counsellor last week, ate more crap.. Weighed Monday and straight back into healthy eating Tuesday morning ha.. It was a bloody long 2 weeks and I felt an absolute wreck, felt like a burden with no self esteem.. Glad to say I'm 94% normal now.. Dunno was I ever normal... But there is always light at the end of the tunnel... Either that or a train hehehe xxx

Sounds like a useful store cupboard ingredient to have! I've only used it in Cakes, never realised you could drink it! I've been on a bit of a Freezer/Store Cupboard week too! X
Never tried drinkn cocoa either must give it a try

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Cocoa is a great store cupboard ingredient, I'd rather have cocoa than drinking chocolate as I prefer dark chocolate so I tend to add less milk. You will need to sweeten it and it's usually made with milk rather than water and you need to mix it to a smooth paste, otherwise it will be lumpy and yuk lol!

Awww hun. Sending you big hugs. xxxx

Thanks hunny xxx

Sending you loadsa loves n hugs!! I've done my 2 weeks of crap already.. Each year in September/ October I go through an awful time.. So I was well prepared this year.. Saw it coming, ate crap for a week, saw a counsellor last week, ate more crap.. Weighed Monday and straight back into healthy eating Tuesday morning ha.. It was a bloody long 2 weeks and I felt an absolute wreck, felt like a burden with no self esteem.. Glad to say I'm 94% normal now.. Dunno was I ever normal... But there is always light at the end of the tunnel... Either that or a train hehehe xxx

Glad to hear you are feeling back to normal, me too, back to tracking the last few days and start of a new week today. And I lost 1lb this week so that makes my total loss 1st 0.5lb WOOP! :character00100::woohoo:

So today's nosh is going to be

Pumpkin soup for lunch I think, haven't made it yet so don't now how many points but it will be very low.

Dinner is going to be the beef casserole and dumplings from the new WW mag, with maybe some mash and green beans and chocolate and cardamom dessert for afters. The recipes look lush in this months mag I have to say!

Also going to try and get some cards done today, cleared the avalanche that was waiting to happen off my desk yesterday, so I can actually get some crafting done. Mark also took a load of photos for me of my latest cards so I can get those sorted and loaded up to my blog, which I have been neglecting lol! And I wouldn't mind nipping to the local garden centre this morning as Mum gave me an hydrangea and I still haven't got it planted so I was thinking of sticking it in a big pot for now so it doesn't die.:eek:

Love to all of you, you've made me smile even if I haven't been commenting, I have been keeping up with everyones diaries :grouphugg:

Cocoa is a great store cupboard ingredient, I'd rather have cocoa than drinking chocolate as I prefer dark chocolate so I tend to add less milk. You will need to sweeten it and it's usually made with milk rather than water and you need to mix it to a smooth paste, otherwise it will be lumpy and yuk lol!

Thanks hunny xxx

Glad to hear you are feeling back to normal, me too, back to tracking the last few days and start of a new week today. And I lost 1lb this week so that makes my total loss 1st 0.5lb WOOP! :character00100::woohoo:

So today's nosh is going to be

Pumpkin soup for lunch I think, haven't made it yet so don't now how many points but it will be very low.

Dinner is going to be the beef casserole and dumplings from the new WW mag, with maybe some mash and green beans and chocolate and cardamom dessert for afters. The recipes look lush in this months mag I have to say!

Also going to try and get some cards done today, cleared the avalanche that was waiting to happen off my desk yesterday, so I can actually get some crafting done. Mark also took a load of photos for me of my latest cards so I can get those sorted and loaded up to my blog, which I have been neglecting lol! And I wouldn't mind nipping to the local garden centre this morning as Mum gave me an hydrangea and I still haven't got it planted so I was thinking of sticking it in a big pot for now so it doesn't die.:eek:

Love to all of you, you've made me smile even if I haven't been commenting, I have been keeping up with everyones diaries :grouphugg:

Hey Sweetie!

Good to see you back posting :)

I'm making Stew n Dumplings for Dinner tonight too! No Mash tho, I'm a Dumplings Only Girl!

Pumpkin Soup sounds yummy too, tis the season for Pumpkin!

Lots of Love xxxxx

Back