Foodie thoughts and munchie mumbles, food diary of a self confessed chocoholic

Candygirl69uk

Starvin Marvin
Hmm, well, here we are. Where to start, that's the question.

I'm 43, married to an amazing guy, no kids or pets. I started SW 3 weeks ago and have so far lost 4.5lb. I'm loving the EE plan but I'm good at sabotaging myself, especially at the weekend lol! I've done SW and WW several times but never reach my target cos I'm lazy :)

This time I'm determined not to fail, I have PCOS, under active thyroid, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and fibromyalgia, yes, I'm metaphorically falling to pieces The docs keep stuffing me full of tablets and I'm starting to rattle so I am determined by this time next year to at least be down to half of what I take at the mo lol!

Thought I'd be better keeping a food diary rather than a weight loss diary as hopefully, this will keep me on the straight and narrow, and be a useful tool for when I can't think of what to do with that lone tin of beans and limp piece of celery lol!

Ok! Enough of my waffling, here's todays nosh

EE Day

B: Mornflake porridge oats w/added oat bran HexB
made half water half milk
taken from 250ml semi skimmed milk HexA
Banana
Tea

L: 3 Dark Rye Ryvitas 4.5
beetroot
2 laughing cow light triangles 3
20g co-op black olives 1.5
bag of french fries (from multi pack) 4
melon
I was waiting for the Asda man to bring my supplies hence the syn heavy lunch, talk about the cupboard was bare.

D: Bacon, mushroom and spinach lasagne, salad and SW chips
Asian pear

Snacks: Muller mint yog

Drinks: Tea, fanta zero, dr pepper zero, water, Options Caribbean coconut 1.5

Syns 14.5/105

Also does anyone have ideas on how to use up 2 tubs of Caribbean coconut options, I cocked up my order :eek: was supposed to be 2 sachets roflmao!

Last edited:
Hiya :)

Just had a wee Read of your New Diary and i was LOL at your Options Dilema :D Type of thing i do when ordering online i've done it Numerous times :rolleyes:

Well done on your Weight Loss so Far..;) I find keeping a Diary very Helpful to look back at weeks were i've had a Good weight loss and see what foods i've eaten to help when there has been a slow weight loss week.

Good Luck with your Future SW Journey :D

Thank you, you look like you are doing fab :) It's been a bit slow but I have kind of been messing about, I've got my serious hat on now :D

Lasagne turned out lovely, even though it was a bit of an experiment, just needs a bit of tweaking. Nearly didn't have it at all, came to get lasagne out of cupboard, looked at the date and it was 2 years out of date, had to send OH to get some more rofl!
Tomato sauce made with
tin toms
4 rashes bacon
medium grated carrot
couple of handfuls of chopped mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
dried basil, oregano, parsley
onion
2 tbsp tom purée
black pepper

White sauce made with
1 tub quark
2 eggs
good pinch nutmeg
S & P

Lasagne sheets, washed baby leaf spinach

put tomato sauce on bottom of dish, then layer of pasta, layer of spinach, white sauce, pasta etc My dish had 2 layers of tom sauce and 3 layers of white sauce, then I topped it with sliced tomatoes. It was very tasty but could have done with me not reducing the liquid so much in the tomato sauce before putting it the fiished dish. Cooked it for about 45 mins.

Morning all, last day at work today, I've got 2 weeks holiday yay! It's afternoon shift today which is always a funny shift meal wise as I start at 12 and finish at 5. Breakfast tends to be late so I'm not trying to cram 2 meals in before work and then only 15 mins break at about half 3 means I can only have some thing quick.

Anyhoo on to todays food

B: Banana
Muller rhubarb yogurt

L: Left over lasagne, salad, 20g olives 1.5

D: Scratch the curry, going to do that tomorrow instead, having mashed butternut squash, carrots and sweet potatoes
WW 3 sausages 1.5
Loads of spring greens
Onion gravy made from stock

HexA: 250 ml semi skimmed milk for teas

Snacks: ham, options coconut 1.5, philly choc spread pot, 4.5, HexB 2 slices nimble wholemeal, banana

was having cherry indulgence options but had 1 sip and poured rest down the sink, it was disgusting :yuk:

Syns:9
weekly 23.5/105

Last edited:
Heylo missus, I found you! That lasagne sounds gorgeous, so where is mine!? haha.
Might try and start a food diary at some point too. But I know I'll get confused to start with, so for now I'm gonna stick with my weight loss one haha.

Weetabix with Choc Philly is nommy btw! If you spread the philly on top of the weetabix then let all the milk soak up into the weetabix, NOM! :D

Morning all, last day at work today, I've got 2 weeks holiday yay! It's afternoon shift today which is always a funny shift meal wise as I start at 12 and finish at 5. Breakfast tends to be late so I'm not trying to cram 2 meals in before work and then only 15 mins break at about half 3 means I can only have some thing quick.

Anyhoo on to todays food

B: Banana
Muller rhubarb yogurt

L: Left over lasagne, salad

D: Haven't decided yet, curry I think as I have a bag of sweet potato and butternut squash and some spinach to use up

HexA: 250 ml semi skimmed milk for teas

Snacks:

Syns:

Enjoy Your Holidays :D

Ha! Katy, you know I don't like sharing rofl! I scoffed the rest of the lasagne for my lunch, it was very tasty :)
Thanks lixbif, I am definitely going to enjoy it, I've been clock watching since I got to work lol! Glad I'm home, it ended up really busy and my legs are killing me :(

Right, off to make tea, and I may have a cheeky glass of wine, doesn't look like I'll get much sense out of him indoors tonight cos he's got his headphones on and is killing bad guys on MW3

Lmao, poor Marcus xD Lasagne sounds lovely though, you'll have to make it sometime. Although I'm thinking of making a chicken and spinache one over the weekend! :D x

Dooo eeeet! :D

Anyhoo, what do you mean 'poor' Mark, I was the one being neglected :p

Hmmph! was up at 2:45 cos my legs, back and arms are killing me, fibromyalgia sucks, waiting for the painkillers to kick in so just made some syn free soft cheese from here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...-cheese-any-flavour-you-like.html#post4377692
Decided on lemon, cracked black pepper and garlic, hope it turns out ok, I used 0% total greek yogurt.

I'm thinking of having a got at making a version of the red velvet brownies here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/264606-red-velvet-brownies.html#post4834451
I made it the other day with ryvita and it was very nice, I think I'm going to replace the beetroot with banana so it will add syns but still be pretty low, going to soak the ryvita in strong coffee and add some vanilla essence. Might make some muller banana & custard icecream to go with it.

I'll post quantities for ingredients later if it turns out ok.

MIL rang last night, she wants to take us out for a meal and to cinema, she mentioned it to OH last week but I said last week I wasn't bothered, I told OH to invite her for tea sunday, that way I can be in control of the food. So what did he do, totally ignore me and say we would go. Well I told him I'm not going, I've been messing about for the last 3 weeks and only had small losses. We went out last week for dinner, I feel like I need to just have a few weeks just eating on plan and not having to guess syns in restaurants. So I'm in the bad books, oh well, at least I'll have the house to myself lol!

I thought mum was coming up for dinner? Just found out that Minimins has an iPhone app. Ooooh dear! Lol! I'll never be off this place!
Also, why will they have syns in if you use banana? x

Mum is coming tomorrow and any fruit if puréed or cook has a syn value :) Just got up, Mark came downstairs this morning and I had crashed out on settee so he sent me to bed lol! I wouldn't have got up but he was throwing stuff about in the kitchen and the next door neighbour was yelling at someone and someone's dog was barking it's head off :(

Food for today EE

B: None didn't get up until lunch time

L: Home made lentil and veg soup with lean ham
co-op wholemeal pitta HexB
3 small mandarins

D: Lovely free chilli out of the freezer my OH made last week
HUGE salad
chopped boiled eggs
blob of 0% greek yogurt

Snacks: Banana custard muller ff yogurt, banana, small bag cadbury buttons 8.5, homemade soft cheese, 4 raksen 99%ff crackers 4(so not worth 1 syn each :( )

HexA: 250 ml Semi Skimmed

Syns:12.5
Weekly:36/105

Last edited:
Arrrgghhh!!! Having a bad pain day today and have done nothing but sleep and lay on sofa, now I'm feeling the urge to eat everything in sight. Just made a huge superfree salad, warmed up some chilli and done some boiled eggs in the hope of staving off the fridge raiding. Might make up a fruit salad later too!

Forgot about the cooked fruit thing! I've just woken up too, was at work this morning then fell asleep about 4:30, woke up at 6:30, oops. Poor Jono! lol!
I'm making diet coke chicken for tea! (Well, Jono is...)
No raiding the fridge missy, unless it's for lean ham or quark LOL xx

Don't think I'll need to after the meal I've just troffed, told Mark he needs to make more chilli, it rocked :) Wide awake now :D

Poor Mark is feeling poorly, he's burning up :( Don't think he's eaten today either! Let us know how the diet coke chicken turns out!

The soft cheese worked perfectly but I added way too much lemon zest and pepper :( It turned out like quark with flavouring. Probably cheaper to just buy quark and add stuff to it lol!

Make him eat something, it'll make him feel a bit better! Tell him he can make me a chilli when I come up ahaa xD

Ok, I told him :rotflmao: he just said yeah :p And I'll get him to make a chilli one Wednesday :D

Awesome! But not this Wednesday cause I'm looking forward to Kebabs! hahaha xxx

I'm thinking of doing a meze type thing, so kebabs, salad and some tasty dips and nibbles :) So save a few syns :p That's of we haven troffed everything by WED lol!!

Back