For everyone who has taken a day off

thinking

Just wondering how did it affect your next weigh in and the one after? I'm just wondering for a day or two of eating regular CARBS like rice or pasta (not fatty chips or chocolate or protein)

If you took a day off and ate carbs you could put on half a stone overnight! You have to introduce them slowly in re-feed week and not until day 4 as they can do a lot of damage with regard to water retention.
If you want a break, stick with protein and it won't knock you out of ketosis. Maybe something like bacon and eggs :)

I would avoid carbs if I'm honest the feeling bloated is horrible and the weight gain isn't worth it.

Well ill tell u the truth with me, i can eat lots of carbs, sweets all day and put 2lb on the next day. If i eat for two days i put on about 5lb (see my weight loss in weeks below) then i went straight back on it and lost all of that plus more!! But thats MY body. i dont know how your body may react with carbs so its up to u to take that chance. x

Yeah well you see, I've managed to keep the weight down after almost 2 years post-LT, just decided to try losing more. But I'm heading down to Dublin next week where this craZy great Japanese restaurant with the most amazing sushi awaits! That's why I was worried about rice! Argh! The temptation is so strong..so so strong :(

well only you know your self hun, congrats on maintaining for 2 years. i mean if it was me id eat it cos im strict straight after lol

You do what's best for you... I guess it might not seem worth it after two years' hard work BUT the other side of the argument is that you've deserved it!x

You will weigh heavier although it will prob just be stored water from the carbs and will drop off pretty quick.... be carefull though hun.... its a slippery slope lol...

I think if you have maintained for a year you will know what foods make you put weight on. I've learned that bread ans stodgy carbs make me very bloated, so will be avoiding bread when eating over Xmas. So Hun just do what ever you want, I see it that you still have to live your life. Good luck with what you decide d

Managed to make it back from Dublin walking by that sushi shop 3 days straight without eating! woo hoo!
On the downside the boss wants us to be there for a Christmas dinner, wondering how to say no to dinner :(

It's really hard to explain to people about this diet as they think you are being funny with them if you refuse to eat - it's nothing like that, we just want to lose the weight that's all

Lovemusic said:
It's really hard to explain to people about this diet as they think you are being funny with them if you refuse to eat - it's nothing like that, we just want to lose the weight that's all

To make things a lot easier I just say I've already had something to eat, or I had a big breakfast this morning. The hardest part of it is not going out for a meal with friends/colleagues.

Like on Christmas eve this year I'm currently invited to this guy whom I deem the best cook in the world for a 3 day feast + accommodation at his place! OMG..I don't know how to refuse :,( sigh. Impossible to say no since I'm leaving Ireland for good and it's my last chance to meet him and a few other good friends!

Argh!

Back