for no reason my switch switched off

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
for no reason at all I seem to have lost my motivation. I lost 4lb last week and have lost 2 and half stone so far but for some reason I can't stop eating rubbish and I don't seem to care I weigh in tommorrow.
I want my motivation back I wonder if its cause my holiday has gone now but I don't think I was pushing that much for it. I was pushing for being at target for xmas but think its to far away to aim for. the other thing is i've just gained my 2.5 award so I have 8lbs (i'm a lb above cause of holiday) till next award and know its awhile till I get that and I generally lose my motivation after a award but not to this extend please help me find it.

((((((tinkerbellsmum's MOTIVATION))))))

^^ there is is ^^

Grab it & keep it safe!! lol

Instead of using xmas as your target to reach target weight, what about setting yourself a mini target?? Do you have any occasions coming up that you can use? A function or a birthday, that you can maybe think of getting a new top or something for that would require you to be a few lb's lighter???

Or just think - if you are gaining lb's, then think of the hard work you have put in that has got you the awards you have got!! If you gain to many then you will have to loose them all over again to reget to where you were to get the target in the first place - that would be de-motivational!!

You have done so so well, keep at it!! :D

thanks hun I think thats the thing I don't have any events between now and xmas I have my kids bday but I don't need to be slimmer for them cause its kids only we was planning on taking my youngest out for his bday but don't know where would give me my motivation. will have to think about it I guess even if its inventing a event. it is our 10 year annivasary of when we meant on 4th aug and every other year we have celebrated it cause we have only been married a year maybe I could plan something for that think thats about 4 weeks away maybe I could lose half a stone for then giving me my 3 stone award.
hey maybe thats another thing I should start a treat for each half stone I get I have 2 stone left
thanks hun you have helped alot not sure I have my motivation back but maybe I can find it now

Michelle,

THe holiday may have a bit to do with it... but if the holiday was your motivation before going away - find something else to look forward to that's nearer - any big parties/celebrations in the next few months?

Remember though - it's great to have something to work towards - even being at target by Christmas. But it has to be a realistic deadline (not something that's so far out there that it's giong to take a miracle or three to reach) but over all that you are managing to get there - even if you don't reach it by the timescales we set ourselves - so long as we progress down the path and have been true to ourselves.

Well done on your losses so far and I think you are in that critical stage now where you are almost half way there. Hope you do manage to get your mojo back and think of the work you've done to get to where you are and how much better you will look and feel as you keep losing and getting that much closer to your target. Maybe try some new recipes out or have some different HE's and syns to keep your menus varied. Good Luck!

Wow well done for a fab weight loss so far. I think you should make your own motivation like "If I lose x amount by X date then I will buy that new top/ treat/ dvd/ whatever". All I can say is, you will put the weight back on if you return to your old ways of eating and then it sometimes gets a bit harder to re-lose it. Stick with it hun. You are doing soooo well. Try some different recipes out of the mags for a change. x

You could also set yourself mini-mini targets, you need 8lb for your next award, so have a mini target of 4lb lost, then you only need another 4lb for the award. :)

I read your post yesterday, and haven't replied til now (sorry!) as I went off to have a think!
I think the clue here might be the targets and their timing. Yes your holiday one has gone, and Christmas really does feel a long way off so maybe a different way of looking at it might help?

I struggled last time round on SW with setting targets and mini targets - I thought I'd *know* when I got there so didn't bother aiming for anything!

With one thing and another and some poor health I stopped SW, and regained 2 stone within a year. :eek:

So this time around, I thought long and hard about targets, and ways to manage and set them. I needed a simple manageable way to set and measure targets, that fitted in with my crazy busy life!

I decided to use the school half terms (I have 4 children!) and holidays as my markers, and set my goals accordingly. So I'm coming up for an 'end of term' target soon, and then will re-set a 6 week holiday target, then the 1st half term target, and so on. Does that make sense?

This way, I have a maximum of 7ish weeks for each mini target which feels totally do-able, and I'm setting acheivable goals for each time frame, taking into account events which occur within the time frame (such as birthdays, trips etc). My overall final goal is May half term next year. I don't have to think about it as life does naturally fall into patterns of school terms and holidyas anyway, so it seems logical for me to do it this way.

Its really working for me - might something similar work for you? Can you link mini targets to other things rather than specific events? I think mini-goals are really worth it for keeping that switch *on*!

Good luck, take care, and huge congratulations for your brilliant successes so far. xx :)

thanks hun setting mini goals for half terms is a great idea thank you. esp this one cause my childrens bdays are the first two weeks in sept

Back