For the cooks amongst us- Rustler Ideas- Ready Steady Cook!

smartie831

So.... You've had a really busy day and you stare in your cupboards and just cant come up with a recipe to make?? I thought it would be a good idea to do a ready steady cook style "oh whats in your bag" (cupboards) and the cooks amongst us can assist...

so... ive got loads of veg.. sweet potato, potatos,pepper, brocolli.. staples like rice and pasta... beans... tomatos. hmmm actually thia isnt looking like much of a concoction. Maybe I need some meat lol

so... ive got loads of veg.. sweet potato, potatos,pepper, brocolli.. staples like rice and pasta... beans... tomatos. hmmm actually thia isnt looking like much of a concoction. Maybe I need some meat lol

I'm crap at cooking but am very interested to see what people come up with... Good luck and hope you get yummy suggestions :)

I'd make a layered Mexican pie thing. Cook onions & garlic, peppers & other veg with Mexican spices (can find recipe for spice mix easily on line) and tomatoes. Whilst cooking down, add some rice & a little veg stock or parboil potatoes. layer in a casserole. Then top with some cheese. Could always add some chopped sausages.

sweet potato or potato=chips
broccoli & rice=risotto
pasta, onoin & tomato=bolognase sauce

You could do roasted veg with pasta or a Spanish omelette? Do a veggie sauce for your pasta or a veg and rice concoction??

I'd make a layered Mexican pie thing. Cook onions & garlic, peppers & other veg with Mexican spices (can find recipe for spice mix easily on line) and tomatoes. Whilst cooking down, add some rice & a little veg stock or parboil potatoes. layer in a casserole. Then top with some cheese. Could always add some chopped sausages.

Now why did I not think of that!!!! Sounds very nice!

Lets have some new bags
What about chicken and store cupboard stuff and veg

Lets have some new bags
What about chicken and store cupboard stuff and veg

What about Tarragon Chicken...

Pan fry mushrooms and garlic untill cooked, add veg stock. reduce by 1/3rd add 50g extra light philly and stir. sprinkle chopped tarragon and serve poured over chicken with steamed veg.

Back