for the scottish users

And its the lead story on the news, on all the news websites etc... would have had none of that had he just let it 'come out' but now its such a massive story....

Seriously shot himself in the foot!!

We were discussing this at work today. I can't see how its anyone business what e does in his private life tbh! Its not like he trades on being some 'family man' (unlike Rooney et all) - in fact i didn't even realise he was married - and i'm very much into football! I just don't get it. I agree that once his wife knew he should probably have just let it get out, but maybe he thought his family were entitled to some privacy? Which they are!

He won't be the first, or the last to make a silly mistake & all those journos baying for his blood & throwing piublic interest around as a reason for prying into his personal life are proper hypocrites for jumping on the moral bandwagon.

* steps off soapbox *

I agree with you up to a point. But these footballers earning thousands and thousands of pounds are role models for lots of children. And now Ryan Giggs is saying it is okay to cheat and hurt people that you love as having lots of money can buy you out of it.
Would you agree if he was using drugs and got caught.

I agree with you up to a point. But these footballers earning thousands and thousands of pounds are role models for lots of children. And now Ryan Giggs is saying it is okay to cheat and hurt people that you love as having lots of money can buy you out of it.
Would you agree if he was using drugs and got caught.

I do see your point, but there is a big difference between someone who cheats on their wife, and someone who takes drugs. Namely, taking drugs as illegal. If someone in the public eye does something illegal, all bets are off in my opinion.

What he has done, is on moral level wrong, not illegal so I don't really think the same rules apply.

I also think that its not really his fault he is a role model. I follow football very closely (as I imagine you do with your son being so into it!) and I have never thought of him as a role model - perhaps because I'm old enough to remember the days when he was a complete player (in the biblical sense :)), so maybe its different for your son, and younger people.

Either way, I just feel sorry for his wife & kids. Those poor kids are going to go into school today and everyone will be talking about it. He can go swing for all I care, but his family don't deserve the public humiliation.

HE, who shall not be named hahaha :D
What a soandso!
What!!

Lord Voldemort has been caught playing away?????

Blimey! - who'd have thought it - that wasn't in any of the books!

:p

By the way, the one that was more succesfully suppressed recently was more interesting with the ex-footballer and dalliance with TV presenter. And no, it is all "out there" at various places and I'm saying nothing!

Steve

I predict in the next 12 months, the News of The World will fold as Twitter/Wiki have all the best news.

Last edited:
Back