For those who don't know...

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
Strawberries are actually vegetables
Bananas are herbs
Tomatoes are fruit...

:D:D:D

Yeah, funny isn't it... but I bet bananas don't go well in a casserole and tomato doesn't go with rice pudding! Lol xx

Are strawberries not a fruit? I always thought if it had seeds, pips etc then it was a fruit, hence tomatoes being a fruit. You live and learn... :)

Are strawberries not a fruit? I always thought if it had seeds, pips etc then it was a fruit, hence tomatoes being a fruit. You live and learn... :)

Well, apparently strawberries are a veg as the seeds are on the outside, whereas fruit has seeds on the inside...

This has made me think, and I have found more:

cucumbers, squash, butternut, pumpkins, courgette are all fruit!

Walnuts are fruit too (are they now free ;))

beans, peas and corn are also biologically fruit, but treated as veg!

So..... do we have to re-think our free and superfree?
Just kidding... I am sure it doesn't make a difference but it is interesting and wonder if an e-mail to SW will give any answers :D

I saw some of these on QI and I was really shocked. If I remember correctly, a plum is a berry as well. nProbably got it back to front though -lol

LOL I was jsut about to mention QI, apparently a 'fruit' is a berry if it has one or more seeds inside it. PLums, peaches, nectarines, avaocados are NOT berries, pears, apples, kiwis, bananas are berries.... none of the 'berry fruits actualluy are berries (with the exceotion of one - I think it may have been the gooseberry....)

Yeah, I read somewhere that peanuts are actually peas... weird, huh?

I'm not sure I like the thought of a banana being a herb though... lol.

Rhubarb is a vegetable and blackberries,raspberries etc are bunches of fruits!

Back