For those who've lost quite a lot, did you do exercise on Slimming World?

I first did Slimming World in 2011 weighing just over 19stone, and dropped 5st with no exercise increase at all. I have a full time desk job so aside from running around after my son there really wasn't much in terms of exercise going on! Since then I regained almost 2st so I've just started the plan again, and this time I'm exercising too. I don't know if it will speed up my weight loss and I don't really mind, as I know it worked without, but I do really think it will tone me up and pull me in!

Weight-loss is 80-90% Diet and the rest is exercise according to various papers.
With the weight-loss, you will lose fat but also some muscle, if you want to look buff rather than just being slim, you will need to do exercise too as it will cause muscle tone to improve with the added bonus of passively burning more calories.

I will be going to the gym when I can pay for my sub and it will be a lot easier for me now as I will be lighter than I have been for a very long time. I have noticed that walking and running is a lot easier so I will find CV exercises a lot more enjoyable! :)

Hi everyone, first post, been lurking as a guest for a while now and decided to sign up after seeing what an inspirational website this can be! :)

For those who've lost quite a lot of weight, did you ever do extra exercise?

I'm 2 stone 3 lbs down so far after 3 months of Slimming World. Don't get me wrong, absolutely chuffed with the rate the number on the scales is going down. But feeling a little disappointed with the inches! It's strange, I can see a bit of a difference in photos (depending on what I'm wearing), but my chest and belly, my biggest hate areas (moobs!), look the exact same as three months ago.

Whenever I see the amazing success stories and photos, I always wonder how much exercise they did, and what kind of exercise. Slimming World always say you don't need to exercise to lose weight, but I'm wondering if it's necessary for me to do so to see that belly go down, or if I'm just expecting too much at this stage?

And on a side note, does anyone have any idea what would be an ideal weight for a slim figure for a male of my height?

Hi, Ive just joined this site and I thought I would introduce myself, I have been a slimming world member since the beginning of April so this is my eighth week.

Just to put you in the picture why I joined I thought I would spend sometime in Cyprus until the real heat arrives in mid July and I quickly realised I was in the holiday mode and had put weight on more than the norm. I have chronic heart failure which is managed by medication and pace maker implant, so I decided I needed to do something about the weight gain and feeling crap about myself, I was 20st 3 1/2 lb at my first weigh in. Shocked and stunned was an understatement.

The progress so far is as follows:
Week 1 7/4 -4lb
Week 2 14/4 -31/2 lb
Week 3 21/4 -1lb
Week 4 28/4 - 7lb
Week 5 5/5 - 3lb
Ween 6 12/5 -2lb
Week 7 19/5 naintain

So I am 1/2lb off my 1 and half stone award and I feel pretty pleased about that. I have got some fridge magnets as well slimmer of the week twice and one for slimmer of the month. Yippee.

I am very fortunate that I found Slimming world and I have a brilliant group leader, but the reason I decided to join was one further motivation, and more importantly speak to other men members who have gone or are going through the change in lifestyle.

My exercise regimes is that I do either a 2k or 4k walk in the morning and swim for an hour in a 12 metre pool around 60 diddy lengths if I am feeling engergetic I try to either swim again at evening time of walk when the heat is dying down.

One of my questions is to you guys is when any of you started following the sp plan and exercising did your weight loss slow down, I know I am feeling much better physically, in that I could and did easily fall asleep in the daytime now I haven't got a pray I just cant, but my quality of sleep at night has improved and I feel rested.

I know it took 9 years in total to gain this weight and I am impatient to get rid of it. I have set myself a target of a stone a month, I intend to come back to the UK around the 10th of July and I would like to reach the target I set with my group of 15stone 13 1/2 Lb.

So any advice or tips would be appreciated, I intend to post before and after my meeting day which is Thursday afternoon.

The reason I maintained last meeting was I had a friend out and well you have to partake in a glass or two and meals out, but despite that I managed to maintain which I think is good.

I nearly forgot one more question, doing just the SP foods have any of you experienced differing weekly weight losses despite following the method closely.

Thanks again.

Back