Four HEs on green?

katieanna

Hi everyone,

I've been following SW off and on since I was 13 (I'm now 28) alas this has unfortunately been more off than on over the last four or so years! Lots has presumably changed. I've got various editions of the books, recipes, numerous paperwork really.

Just to clarify- is it correct that you can now have two A's and two B's for Healthy Extras? This is amazing! (I only ever follow green as I am veggie.)

Due to this change, have a lot of the portion sizes gotten smaller? (i.e. less cheese to compensate for the fact that you get an 'extra A'.) Or have the measurements stayed mostly the same?

Think I need to get my hands on yet another new copy of the guides and just get rid of the old ones!

Couldn't believe it yesterday when I found out that the pittas I had been eating were something like 7.5 syns, just because they were from a particular supermarket! I've now taken myself down to Co-op for some HE friendly pittas. Yum.

Lots of re-learning to do! It's going well so far though- I've lost nearly a stone, even though I've had a few cheeky cheats, such as the odd glass of wine. :D

katieanna said:
Hi everyone,

I've been following SW off and on since I was 13 (I'm now 28) alas this has unfortunately been more off than on over the last four or so years! Lots has presumably changed. I've got various editions of the books, recipes, numerous paperwork really.

Just to clarify- is it correct that you can now have two A's and two B's for Healthy Extras? This is amazing! (I only ever follow green as I am veggie.)

Due to this change, have a lot of the portion sizes gotten smaller? (i.e. less cheese to compensate for the fact that you get an 'extra A'.) Or have the measurements stayed mostly the same?

Think I need to get my hands on yet another new copy of the guides and just get rid of the old ones!

Couldn't believe it yesterday when I found out that the pittas I had been eating were something like 7.5 syns, just because they were from a particular supermarket! I've now taken myself down to Co-op for some HE friendly pittas. Yum.

Lots of re-learning to do! It's going well so far though- I've lost nearly a stone, even though I've had a few cheeky cheats, such as the odd glass of wine. :D

You've always been able to have two HEb on green and more recently two HEa(previously it was only one) and the measurements have actually increased :)

Thanks, this is great news! Maybe I will even get away with that much-too-large bowl of cereal I had the other day. ;-)

Kate

Back