Free Classes

scobbiemum

Well I'm so fed up flaffing about with this diet that I've decided I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and go to classes :sigh:.

As I've got at least 6 stone to loose I know its going to be a long journey! I have read somewhere on here (but of course I cant find it now) that your GP can pay for a course of SW classes. I've just phoned my surgery and needless to say they know nothing about it!!! They did however suggest that it is just an English thing and doesnt apply in Scotland.

Could any of you kind souls give me any info on this? Do I need to go to the classes first and get something from my consultant? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Jill

if your gp doesnt know about it, then its mostley that it doesnt apply in your area hun, i know its somthing to do with the area in which you live in :(which sucks!
xxxxxxxxxx

Its called Slimming World on Referral. But Im not sure if its only for those practices that have joined as I havent actually read through the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I'm afraid to say that this scheme doesn't operate in Scotland. Look on the weekly fee as an investment in yourself after all, in the words of a well-known TV advert, "because you're worth it".

Did you speak to your doctor or the receptionist? It's worth checking with the actual doctor as it might not be really common so the receptionists might not know about it.

Thanks everyone, it kinda looks like it isnt on in my area. :(

Back