Free Flavoured Yoghurts

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
I see mullerlights are free on slimming world. However they don't do mullerlights here in Canada.

So do you think a flavoured 0% fat yoghurts would be a substitute?

Hi.

Not sure if you've already posted this elsewhere and got your answer but yes, that's fine to use other flavoured 0% fat yoghurt. Any yoghurt that's fat free or virtually fat free is free on SW, as long as it's not got cake bits or anything like that in it.

Hope that helps!

Rachel
X

what is the nutrional info for a muller light??? Could someone post details for me, so I can find a yoghurt that is similar here.

thanks

What brand name yoghurts do you get in Canada? How about Weight Watchers? Ski? Danone? Shape?

I think you can get some weight watchers if you are lucky. But they are slightly bigger than the uk sized ones.

I think we get activia ones, yoplait and shop own brand ones.

Hi, I think if I remember correctly you are doing SW online. There is a syn calculator on the website where you put on the nutritional info and it will work out a syn value for you. If not I don't mind checking for you however, I'm heading away on holiday for a few days.

okay just looked at the nutrional information for mullerlights online and the fat free yoghurts I have are less calories than those, so I would assume are syn free. :eek:)

I think you just need to go for it and see how you get one. Danone Activia Fat Free yoghurts are syn free here but even that's no guarantee it'll be the same in Canada as recipes can vary between countries.

I would think your best option is to use the syn calculator if you can which I presume you can do if you are doing SW online.The calculator tells you what nutritional information that you will need to input along with portion size etc. If you can use the calculator then this woiuld be your best way forward.

I would think your best option is to use the syn calculator if you can which I presume you can do if you are doing SW online.The calculator tells you what nutritional information that you will need to input along with portion size etc. If you can use the calculator then this woiuld be your best way forward.

yep I do have access to it, however I am very wary of using it for free foods unless I have to, as it can syn value foods that are actually free and then starts a whole panic about what you can and can't eat.

For instance out of interest I put in all the nutrional information in for a skinless, boneless plain old chicken thigh and it sinned it, and not just on a green day, but on a red day and extra easy.

Someone else tried with another food item that is definately free food and it synned that as well.

I think the syn calculator is more aimed at snacks and foods that have "a" free food in it, but are not JUST free foods. iykwim.

Bare in mind, lidles 0% yogs arnt free, they'r two syns! x
I can't get Mullerlight here in France either. The problem with Lidl's fat free yogs (I presume the ones they sell here are the same) is that they have sugar added. To count as syn free make sure that, as well as being fat free, there is no sugar added too. I can find many brands, including supermarket own brands, that have no sugar or fat.

I have before now used plain synfree yoghurt, & mixed in some granulated sweetner, plus some vanilla essence, or sometimes strawberry essence, to make my own Mullerlight. Its not the same, but not bad.

Back