Extra Easy Free food??

mick360

Hi I am new to SW and can't understand how food is "free" so you can in theory eat as much as you want? Surely all food has a calorific value therefore the more you eat the more calories you eat, and need to burn off
Please explain I really want to do this but need some answers

Thank you

From what my consultant said when I joined, I got the impression that SW don't want you to have to worry about weighing and counting, so therefore encourage you to eat free and superfree food as you wish. However they do encourage that you eat till you are full not stuffed.

As the free and superfree foods are generally lower in calories than other snack and processed foods you should be taking in fewer calories.

Hope this makes a little sense...I'm still getting to grips myself!

xx

I believe it's about 'calorie density' rather than just the amount of calories. Have a read of the Slimming World Advice for Newcomers sticky thread and it explains it a lot better. I can't copy the link at the mo as I'm on my phone.

Of course there is a limit - its all about common sense really, eat until your satisfied not overly full and only eat when you're hungry.

Ita not eat as much as you want. Its eat as much as you need to be satisfied. Its a subtle but big difference. This, combined with the 1/3rd superfree ON YOUR PLATE (not afterwards as a desert) with every meal will naturally reduce the amount of the free foods like pasta, potatoes, meat, you eat, thereby reducing the calories you eat without you needing to weigh or count.

IF you follow it this way it works.

I had the same confusion at first, got my head round to the fact that unlike most diets there is no need to Weigh certain foods..Free means just that. Doesnt mean you eat the free foods round the clock..just to fill your own appetite..and i havent been hungry since i started this plan..unlike other weight loss plans.

Don't forget that 1/3 of your meals should be superfree and I think this should apply to your snacking too...obviously you can't gorge yourself on meat all day and lose weight.

It is complicated at first and you will like you are going wrong because meals will be so appetising, but stick with it and you will see a loss!

You really need to exercise a bit of common sense with SW - as others have said, it's eat until your hunger is satisfied NOT until you're stuffed or fit to burst. Also you should try to snack on superfree between meals (most fruit and veg except peas, sweetcorn, potatoes). On Extra Easy a third of your plate should always be super free. Trust in the plan - it works!

May I crash your thread please and ask a question that I really probably should know the answer to but really dont!

Ok, so I'm on EE, its lunch time and i'm not starving, a mug shot would do the trick.

Can I just have it? I mean I don't want anything more and if I did add more to the meal i'd be just eating for the hell of it...

OR, is that the whole point that i'm missing - I shouldn't have the mugshot but in fact just have some fruit (that I don't 'fancy')

Hmmmm...

May I crash your thread please and ask a question that I really probably should know the answer to but really dont!

Ok, so I'm on EE, its lunch time and i'm not starving, a mug shot would do the trick.

Can I just have it? I mean I don't want anything more and if I did add more to the meal i'd be just eating for the hell of it...

OR, is that the whole point that i'm missing - I shouldn't have the mugshot but in fact just have some fruit (that I don't 'fancy')

Hmmmm...

Personal i think that on occasions like this, just having a mugshot would be fine, just don't do it on a reg basis.
Just be carefull, though that cause only having something small you don't crash about 3pm and grab something naughty x

Lucylu79 said:

Hmmmm...

Unfortunately I would doisagree with SlimbySummer on this one. I went through a phase of having low fat supernoodles with no superfree for lunch and I put on 2 weeks in a row. I think if it was a one off you would be fine, but don't make it a habit. Like you said, if you aren't that hungry stick to something superfree like a salad or fruit. You should be eating superfree before anything else x

I think 'don't fancy' is the key there Hun. If I ate whatever SW friendly food I fancied I'd probably live on SW chips all day quite happily! You might prefer the mug shot but really the superfree would be a better choice. Don't get me wrong, like the others have said, as a one off great, but I've fallen into the same trap myself before x

Yes it was a one -off but then again I'm glad I asked as i'm struggling at the moment - last stone to go - and I don't want to hinder any chances of loosing with little blips like that you know?

So, I had an apple first, followed by a nice crunchy carrot and then I had the mugshot. In true Slimming World style I only then had half the mugshot.

See, it does what it says on the tin!

Cheers for all the advice though ladies!!!!

Back