Free foods used in cakes etc

I'm not synning that damn cous cous cake. That cake is made from cous cous that turns out the same way when cooked for a sweet as when its cooked for savoury. You shouldn't want to eat it all in one go anyway after dinner, so bums to it!! Lets see who wins on weigh-in day, me, or cous cous cake.

The polenta I will syn, and therefore probably not make again.

Chickpea cake mark II is being made tonight as I have Splenda. I am going to add a spoonful of Hartley's Cherry Pie filling to it before baking too and make a cherry quark cream cheese filling. I'll syn that on the calculator.

I was having a long thing about this last night. lol as you do.

and I really do think that as long as you don't over eat on these things (like any food really) then I don't see why they can't be syn free, if using from your free foods list.

It will soon get to the point where newbies starting the diet will read those type of debates and will be terrified of eating anything wondering well is this free or not? They will be so confused and just not stick to the diet thinking it is too difficult to understand. Soon you will need a degree in the slimming world diet lol.

I think we are allowed to be adventurous with our free foods, as that is what keeps our diet varied and interesting and that is why slimming world really works.

If we are going to start synning, lasagne crisps and chickpea cake, then what about all the other adventurous things we make, like sw chips, syn free pancakes, syn free rice pudding, syn free meringues, the list goes on.

Where do we stop? if we are going to say well actually that should be synned. It will soon be the case that nothing is a free food at all.

*huge applause* You go girl! SW DARES try take my chips away from me. They have saved me!

Gonna try cous cous cake again tonight. Will COOK the cous cous first, bwahaha!

iv noticed a few of you keep saying ' aslong as you only have one or two, and not ten ' or.. 'not eating the lot'

if its free, its free. my first couple of weeks of slimming world every meal would be pasta. every single one. from what your saying, that would imply i'd eaten too much of one 'free food' so it should have been syned or couldnt expect to loose weight, because i'd gorged myself? i lost just as well as i do now varying my foods?

if its free its free, thats how sw works, thats what it advertises, that's what the plan is based on, so as far as im concerned, if its free but we can only eat so much, then its not free. is it? so therefor they'd be misleading us? do you see what i mean?
and what is this about food abuse i heard someone say their consultant has said thats what these lasgne crips were. .. again, if they are advertising it as free, then how can they say its food abuse, thats like saying because i drank my water warm, rather than cold as you usually would, this isnt free. LOL.

i noticed when a lady took over my group for my consultant while she was on holiday, she was weighining in and i over heard her explaining EE, and that she could eat both red and green, but if she ate chill con carni and rice (for exmple) .. she could eat a bit more if she was hungry, but only straight after, .. she couldnt eat it a few hours later?! i didnt stick around to query her, but wtf!!!!??????

am i jsut crazy here, or do i make sence?

If we are going to start synning, lasagne crisps and chickpea cake, then what about all the other adventurous things we make, like sw chips, syn free pancakes, syn free rice pudding, syn free meringues, the list goes on.

Where do we stop? if we are going to say well actually that should be synned. It will soon be the case that nothing is a free food at all.

exactly, we might aswell be calorie counting!

Back