Free pasta on green days?

sarah5

How many grams I should have? Can't seem to find details of serving sizes anywhere.. is it really "free"? In which case, obviously I won't go crazy but just have a smallish portion?

(am making a pasta sauce to go with it - onions, tomato passata, lots of veggies, lentils and pearl barley - so all free).

Mmmmm yummy!

How many grams I should have? Can't seem to find details of serving sizes anywhere.. is it really "free"? In which case, obviously I won't go crazy but just have a smallish portion?

(am making a pasta sauce to go with it - onions, tomato passata, lots of veggies, lentils and pearl barley - so all free).

Mmmmm yummy!

Hi hun on a green day you can have as much pasta as you like no weighing.

WOOPWOOP thank you :) Mind you, I'm not going to go crazy because pasta is one of my weaknesses for bingeing so have had a much smaller portion than I used to. Thanks for your reply hun x

WOOPWOOP thank you :) Mind you, I'm not going to go crazy because pasta is one of my weaknesses for bingeing so have had a much smaller portion than I used to. Thanks for your reply hun x
No probs glad to be of help

No No NO! Have big portions! It's free and it will keep you feeling fuller for longer! I have a really large bowl most nights

Well I may actually have another portion as my tummy is rumbling already so obviously didn't have enough. Will have another small amount of pasta with tons of the veggie sauce yommy!

Mmmmmmmmm just had it and now I'm totally full up. Also having a *ahem* dare I say it.. a glass of delicious rose wine (am planning to have 2 glasses so that's all my syns for today).

AAARGH someone has just told me it has to be WHOLEWHEAT pasta to be unlimited???? She said you have to count white (normal) pasta as syns??

No it doesn't. i only have white pasta. Wholewheat is better for you but it can be any pasta. Check your book. If that was the case fat free super noodles and pasta and sauce wouldn't be free.

I have been on SW for 4 years and white pasta is my staple so don't panic, someone told you porkies!

Oh taz thank you so much for your reply, I really was panicking then!! Really appreciate all your help hun, sorry I keep posting and asking lots of questions, I promise I'll stop being so needy soon haha!

Anyway brilliant news, I will carry on as I have been then.. and as you say, of course wholewheat is a healthier choice so I *may* give that a try sometime soon.

Gosh thanks for replying, now I can relax and chill in front of Big Brother with my wine lol!

No need to apologise hun, we are all here to help each other out. You aren't 'needy' you are, like all of us, trying to make sure you are on the right track and that is absolutely fine.

I haven't tried the wholewheat pasta but I have been told it's not as nice.

Yes you need to feel full on your pasta to benefit! Pile your plate full and dig in. As long as you not piling the cheese high on top you will be amazed how much you will lose!

mmm pasta! i eat pasta til i feel sick - it's my favourite food. can't decide on pasta or potato wedges for dinner tonight - maybe i could have both!!!

if you have pasta as a healthy extra b choice on a red day then it must be wholemeal pasta, but on a green day it can be normal pasta (but not fresh).

Thanks mod-karen, funnily enough I have literally just been reading about pasta on a red day (I'm doing red today) and it says wholewheat pasta. I also adore pasta, which is why I think green is going to be my favourite choice! Unlimited pasta, fruit and veg is my idea of heaven!

Back