I keep gaining or not losing! Send help! :(

Than you gwella! That's good to hear actually as I am quite enjoying it, ill probably just do 2 classes a week instead and keep running!
I've ordered a shop that arrives tonight full of loads of fruit and veg, and I went back through the sw book from the beginning and took a few bits from there. I'll have a few different cereal/HEB options in the house now as well which is really good! Hope this works! It's making me want to cryy, I have a weigh in tonight and I know it's not going to be good news. Xccc

Personally I think if the exercise makes you feel good you shouldn't cut back. It might mean you are gaining muscle but that is a GOOD thing because it will increase your metabolism - it will mean you burn more calories even when you're asleep! Also, if you lose weight and don't exercise, sometimes you will lose muscle as well, and that means it is harder to maintain when you get to target.

What might happen is that if you push yourself hard at exercise, your muscles will retain water to heal themselves. (sorry if someone's already said that). It should even out over time though.

I totally agree with everything Gwella has said here. Cutting down execise is not the way to help with weight loss. Get some more food in to you - have a look at the superspeed list

Good luck - its so disheartening when it doesnt show on the scales

Every thing in moderation

I had a pound and a half off this week which is such a huge relief! I'm hoping now that I've started losing again after a month of not it'll keep going! I'm going to keep doing 2 exercise classes a week and keep running as well and hopefully it'll all keep coming off. Thank you guys so much this really helped me!! x

I've put a pound on this week! I literally thought I was going to cry. I've just had a major blow out and I'm just going to have to reassess AGAIN tomorrow. Ergh. x

People do have gains, I know I personally do not react to them particularly well but they do happen from time to time.
Try not to abandon the plan though, it is perseverance which is key here, even the founder of Slimming World (Margaret Miles Bramwell) says she would love to wave a magic wand and make people instantly lose the weight they want to however this is a longer-term healthy eating plan and not just a diet.

This healthy eating plan changes the way in which you think about food and prepares you for looking after yourself over time with a healthy, nutritious and balanced diet.
Nowadays, I do find myself thinking "this meal needs more super-free vegetables".
Don't deprive yourself, if before joining SW, you had a bar of chocolate every day, don't suddenly forbid yourself from having it. Your Synergy points (known as Syns) are there to allow you to have a little bit more bread, more cheese or even crisps and chocolate if that is your thing.

You need to be mindful about what you put into your body though, regain control and ask for things like Black coffee then add the milk you want to drink to it.
Taking a thermos to work is actually extremely handy, I used to do this every day. Then you have your favourite coffee, the right levels of milk/sugar sweetener etc.

Looking at your food diary, I was concerned about the amount you were eating against the activity you say you engage in. You need to eat more and the beauty of Slimming World is that you never need to go hungry, you can fill up on as much free and super-free food as you like and have your measured healthy extras and any Syns you may wish to spend.

To help you visualise getting your ratio of free to Super-free food, imagine a clock face on your chopping board or plate. From 12-o'clock to 4-o'clock, you need to be getting your super-free vegetables and fruit like peppers, cucumber, spinach, courgette etc. (if in doubt check your book)
The rest of the chopping board can be filled with conventional carbohydrates (rice, pasta), starchy vegetables like potatoes, lean meats such as trimmed pork, beef, chicken, fish and leguminous vegetables like beans, peas, chick-peas, lentils etc.

The key to cracking the food preparation is the above method, if you can stick to that most of the time, you're more than 75% of the way there.

If you are stuck for time, it may be worth doing batch-cooks at the weekend and then freezing things so you can take them out when needed.

Also, if there is a dish that you really enjoyed eating but feel you can't enjoy it because you are doing SW, there is probably a slimming world way of doing the meal, minimising the syns and it having a really nice taste, similar if not the same as what you used to have.

If you ever need support, this forum is a great place to start. In addition, if you go to group to weigh-in, you can get support by staying to image therapy sessions where you can get some time with your consultant or even speak to people who have been where you may be and have some great tips and advice for you.

Sorry for the wall of text here, I can relate to where you are as I have been there myself - don't give up! :)

Back