Free surgery for woman who 'can't afford to eat healthily'.

She really does have a face that wants slapping doesn't she?

Her article comes across as blackmail - give me £100 a month or I'll pack the weight back on and the money the operation cost will be wasted. Grr!

She needs to get to grips with her emotional eating - nobody can stuff themselves with crisps and chocolate and lose weight for goodness' sake! I would have a tiny bit of sympathy if she is saying she can't afford fresh fruit but she's actually saying she wants to eat crisps not fruit.

Jeez, dozy cow.

I think she is just a lazy cow who wants everything done for her and doesn't take any responsibility for herself.

I read that article and am thoroughly disgusted as is my OH..!
yes, I've not long had surgery, I never asked for it, it was suggested to me by a different surgeon because of a different health issue - which I still suffer with and am to continue to suffer with until he deems me at an acceptable weight to operate on again..unless am rushed into hospital as an emergency..

Now, I worked from age of 15 thru to 20, had my eldest, brung her up, worked part time between her and her sister, paid my taxes and national insurance and would love to be able to work however due to the extensive problems I now suffer - I'm registered disabled because of them and my body will never be the same. my OH worked since he left school at 16 and paid his dues too.. so its not like I've cost much because have paid towards the op I had when I did work. I have several damaged joints which will never be cured, the disease I suffer is progressive so it will never get better - only spread further and as weight reduces - hopefully will become more managable than it was.

She totally infruriates me complaining she cant afford healthy stuff.. she can but chooses not to buy it - theres a big damn difference! 4 packets of crisps and 4 chocolate bars a day?? she could have a tin of fruit salad with ice ceam and still lose weight.. maybe c.b.t would be better for her rather than more surgery. Or maybe the powers that be should think about instead of giving her more surgery, her benefits should be stopped completely til she does get a job and burns off the weight she's put back on again because of eating all the crap she has! let her earn her way to the new operation instead of expecting everythin for nothing

some people really are too ignorant for words..

>> goes to bed now n hope to actually sleep before end up putting something for which I may be told off for.. lol

Oh boy, one look at the thread title and I just KNEW it would be an article in the Daily Fail.

At the end of the day, we've all known people - or BEEN people - who have regained weight after losing it, have faltered in our weight loss attempts, have had such crushingly low self-esteem that we've not felt worthy of being slim, or have sought solace in junk food.

As for making excuses, I know in the past I've blamed my weight gain on health problems, on being stuck in a sedentary job, on there being nowhere around where I live to safely exercise outdoors, on my partner's eating habits... Fair enough if you've never made excuses then good for you and here, cast the first stone, but I'd be willing to bet there's more than a few glass houses around here.

Also, it is not unheard of for unemployed people to get stuck in a cycle of self-loathing and feeling worthless and like you've got no hope of ever getting a job again or that you have nothing to offer and no place in society.

These are things I think we'll all agree are not uncommon and are an understandable human response.

What the Daily Wail have done is taken this woman's words and twisted them in exactly the sort of way that they know will infuriate their readers and thus boost their circulation. The editorialised bits actually DIRECTLY CONTRADICT the bits in actual quotes. The journalist writes " This, she says, means she cannot afford to eat healthily...", whereas the woman's actual quote is "People ask why I don't snack on an apple - they're cheap, but emotionally I don't always feel like an apple." - a completely different meaning. So she's acknowledging that her problem is an emotional one. I totally agree with wannabenewme up there - the woman needs CBT and maybe some healthy eating education support, not more surgery. I'll bet when she saw the article her response was "But that's not what I said!". That's tabloid journalism for ya.

The Mail, particularly the Femail section, is constantly full of woman-hating rubbish. I wouldn't wipe my sizeable a*** with it!

(sorry everyone, rant over... and breathe...)

Back