Free Tomato Ketchup

lisa75

Have been messing about in the kitchen trying to find something to put on my bacon sandwich and have made ketchup - not quite heinz but nevertheless hits the spot ;) ...

3 tbs tomato puree
3 1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp sweetner
1/4 tsp salt (slightly more or less depending on taste)
pepper to taste

mix all together
nuke on full for 30 seconds to let flavours mix
tadaaa.... ketchup!
keep it in fridge, use ketchuppy goodness on food at will syn free! :D

Attachments

• webketch2.jpg
    webketch2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 199
  • web-ketchup.jpg
    web-ketchup.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 160
Suonds yummy, and looks great, but tomato puree is synned hun... half a syn per tablespoon. :(

But even so, this is a lower syn version of ketchup, because it looks like loads, and ketchup is a syn per tablespoon.

ah well there you go :( 1/2 a syn for a heaped tablespoon of ketchup
thanks emz xx

So you've more than halved the syns!!! Woop Woop!!! :D

I once saw Rachel (not sure of her name, blonde irish lady on market kitchen and has her own show) do a totally syn free tomato ketchup - it involved quite a long process (cooking down tomatoes and onions, straining etc) but it tasted fab ..... I'll see if I can find it online somewhere - or if anyone has any of her books, I believe its in one of them (don't know which one tho) ....... wow this post has been of no help whatsoever really has it!!!?? Jx

I'm looking for a tomato sauce (not ketchup) for a bolognese, anyone know of a good one that over powers the meat taste? Don't really like mince that much but will eat if i can't taste it!

I'm looking for a tomato sauce (not ketchup) for a bolognese, anyone know of a good one that over powers the meat taste? Don't really like mince that much but will eat if i can't taste it!

Why dont you use quorn instead if you dont like mince??

ah well there you go :( 1/2 a syn for a heaped tablespoon of ketchup
thanks emz xx

it'll be 1/2 syn for LEVEL tbsp not heaped....
remember all spoon measurements are for level not heaped, heaped will be nearly doubling your syns.

There was a completely syn free tomatoe sauce recipes in one of the old SW mags. I've got a vague feeling it might have been in last years calendar?
Unfortunately my hubby threw mine away and can't remember what was in it!!! Maybe someone else will be able to find it though :0)

Back