freezer Shopping help needed

roxy222

Hi everyone i have two freezers that are sitting nearly empty, i used to go to iceland every couple of months and stock up but i find now the foods i would have bought before i cant eat now as to many syns can anyone give me any ideas or things i can get in iceland or anything that is good to keep in freezer

I wish I had two freezers!! Mine is pretty ram jammed lol
Not sure about frozen pre bought foods... maybe look in ready meal section?
This week I'm experimenting with making my own foods SW friendly food to freeze though, pizzas, breaded chicken, chips, burgers (if I can fit them in!)
How about doing something like that if you've got time?
I've always wanted to bulk make things like lasagne, bolognese, curry, etc and freeze but never have the space.

How about Quorn products - a lot of these are free on EE and the sausages are great with an egg and mushrooms for breakfast. Another thing I use loads of is frozen spinach - it goes in all casseroles, stews and currys in my house!

I buy loads of frozen fruit, especially now that the fresh fruit isn't so good, and it's expensive. I buy all kinds of frozen fruit then make individual freezer bags with a mix of all the fruit I get, then just take a bag out each morning to use. I also buy fresh meats when they are reduced and freeze them until I need them.

The 2010 SW directory has the following Iceland products listed

Free on Red and EE:
Beef Joint with salt and pepper crust
Chicken fillets in gravy
Garlic king prawn kebabs
Seafood Medley
Sliced beef in gravy
Tuna steaks with smoky barbecue glaze

In the Smart Syns section of the directory there are two and a half pages of stuff from Iceland.

I've made so much soup over the last couple of weeks that I could do with a freezer just to stack the tupperware containers in! I've also made curries and chillis -bulked out with veg to cover my third superfree in every meal and have bags of chicken strips, fish and prawns for quick and easy stir fries. Finally there are some bags of frozen berries to add to porridge and rice for yummy filling brekkies :D No room left at the moment - and no containers either but I'm definitely not going to starve! :p

mines got the xmas turkey in, a chicken some chicken breasts a tuna steak some extra lean mince beef loads of quorn mince, fillets and some new quorn beef pieces and a load of frozen veg some fishfingers curly frys and chicken dippers for the kids friday night treat oh and a tub of cookies and cream ice cream but thats the kids and i cant stand the stuff anyway cant say i really like iceland food from previous experiences

I'm going to try the sliced beef in gravy, i bet it's lovely with SW chips and veg.

hello! I keep my freezer topped up with Iceland 20 chunks of BBQ chicken as it is only 2.5 syns for the entire box and is simply lovely! I keep extra lean mince, prawns, diced chicken, frozen fruit, frozen veggies/peppers/mushrooms/stirfry veggies/lowsyn frozen steamer rice (tescos one is very low syn) and I keep things like frozen chopped garlic and ginger etc. That way... if i get held up/ill/lazy or home really late I can still make entire meals with lots of free foods quickly. If i had an extra freezer I would bulk cook and have a weeks worth of meals in containers.

Back