Fresh start diary! Sticking to it 100% :)

The Shepherds Pie was a success last night! Made a big portion so I'm eating some for lunch today and still have plenty left over. Great that it's syn free, but I did eat a little too much last night, I probably ate a 3rd! OOPS! Let's hope that has no effect on next weeks weigh in!

Off to the gym again tonight, trying to get myself back into it. Now the jet lag is gone it should be a little easier!

Plan for today: Tuesday EE

Breakfast:
Boiled egg, bran flakes HEXB, muller light

Lunch:
Shepherds pie, muller light

Dinner:
Smoked mackeral (2 syns) stir fry with teryaki sauce (1/4 pouch 3 syns) and noodles

Snacks:
Powdered milk 1.5 syns, apple, chicken & ham slices, curly wurly 6 syns, glass of milk HEX A

Syns: 12.5

Total: 24/105

Hi Alycyn,

I'm doing well thank you! Seemed to manage a loss from last week which is good! I hope for another 0.5 - 1lb for next week :)

The Twinings hot choc was lovely, just what I needed on a cold evening (worse is still to come though sadly!). What is Choc tea like?! I've been tempted but don't know if I'd find it a little weird!

How is your week going? x

Hi well done on loss. I lost 3 this wk but will b happy wi 1 a wk. The choc tea tastes nice but smells a little!!! Gave me dore heads (I think) 4 1st couple but ok now. Even drinkable without milk! Freezing 2nite but still refusing 2 turn heating on!! xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi found recipe from a post.

It was gammon steaks cut into chunks coated in 2tsp chinese 5 spice browned in frylight then added 100ml chicken stock, rind & juice of 1 orange (need to syn), 1 tbs clear honey (need to syn); 2tbs soy sauce & 2 chillies (finely chopped - which should have been deseeded!!!!).

Thinking 4syns for the whole dish so between the 2 of us that would be 2sysn for my plate :)

Hope u enjoy if u make x

Hi found recipe from a post.

It was gammon steaks cut into chunks coated in 2tsp chinese 5 spice browned in frylight then added 100ml chicken stock, rind & juice of 1 orange (need to syn), 1 tbs clear honey (need to syn); 2tbs soy sauce & 2 chillies (finely chopped - which should have been deseeded!!!!).

Thinking 4syns for the whole dish so between the 2 of us that would be 2sysn for my plate :)

Hope u enjoy if u make x

oooh thank you! Will give that a go in the next few weeks :) can you taste the orange in it? I'm not a fan of fruity flavours with meat you see.... so may miss that one ingredient out! Sounds yummy though! 2 syns is good value!

Will perhaps try the choc tea then! I'm intrigued!! x

I've decided to go for a Red day today. I think with EE I eat way too many carbs! I'm going to try 3 red days, 2 green days and 2 EE days... see how that goes!

I was really bloated yesterday - I do suffer with IBS but I've not felt like that in a while! Always makes me feel sluggish and heavy with a really puffy face! I bought some lemon tea last week so I'm hoping if I start drinking this every morning/evening it may help my system a little!

Note to self - Don't get on the scales in between weigh ins!

Wednesday - Red day:

Breakfast:
Bran flakes HEX B, muller light

Lunch:
Tuna & boiled egg salad, mayo 0.5 syns, muller light

Dinner:
BNS chips, chicken with cheese HEX A, chives, courgette, broccoli, sauce 1 syn

Snacks:
2 apples, muller light, aero mousse 5.5 syns, alpen light 1/2 HEX B, popcorn 6 syns (oops!)

6 syns
38/105

Last edited:
Good on you Rachel for trying to mix your week up....I really need to try and plan for some red/green days in my week. I could possibly make mine a red day today if I manage to get some steak from supermarket, although my OH will be having chips, mushrooms and peas with his steak so I may need to have the same...obviously SW ships in my Halo though :) x

Morning food looking good. Think I am on a green day as nvr wrote down food last night and planned for fruit n fibre in morning and ryvita at lunch with some wafer thin beef but will miss out the beef & use the ryvita for soup!!

No sneaky WIs mind, it's not healthy!!!

Have a good day x

Good on you Rachel for trying to mix your week up....I really need to try and plan for some red/green days in my week. I could possibly make mine a red day today if I manage to get some steak from supermarket, although my OH will be having chips, mushrooms and peas with his steak so I may need to have the same...obviously SW ships in my Halo though :) x

It's needed.... too many carbs = bloat! I'm hoping if I stick to a variety I'll at least lose 0.5lbs minimum a week! Fingers crossed!

Have you ever tried butternut Squash chips? I love them! x

Morning food looking good. Think I am on a green day as nvr wrote down food last night and planned for fruit n fibre in morning and ryvita at lunch with some wafer thin beef but will miss out the beef & use the ryvita for soup!!

No sneaky WIs mind, it's not healthy!!!

Have a good day x

Thank you :)

Haha I no, sneaky weigh ins are deadly for motivation!!! I shall be hiding them away!

x

No Rachel, Butternut Squash is something I haven't tried. I have tried sweet potatoes and didn't like them and assumed it would be similar....am I wrong? x

No Rachel, Butternut Squash is something I haven't tried. I have tried sweet potatoes and didn't like them and assumed it would be similar....am I wrong? x

They are a little sweet and are softer in texture, but I would say they are fairly different in taste. I much prefer the taste of Butternut to sweet potato. It's worth giving them a try.... I roast them once cut for about 40 mins on 200 (or until they start to get golden). I treat them like chips too - add loads of vinegar and some salt! They are great for a syn free chip alternative! But it could be seen as an acquired taste I suppose! x

I'm scared 2 try both. Bot them so many times & binned them each time!!!

BNS soup is supposed 2b nice, moreso with winter quickly approaching!!!

I'm scared 2 try both. Bot them so many times & binned them each time!!!

BNS soup is supposed 2b nice, moreso with winter quickly approaching!!!

I love BNS! Had it last night, so nice! I much prefer it to sweet potatoes.

I tried BNS soup once but it didn't quite work out.... was really runny! x

:( Not woken up in a good way, I'm so bloated today! At this rate I expect I'll have a gain next week! Oh well eh.... I'll stick at it!

Thursday: Red Day

Breakfast: Muller light, bran flakes HEX B1

Lunch: Pea & Mint soup, ham & chicken slices, muller light

Dinner: Chicken, mushrooms, onion, quark, HEX A for cheese - just a pan mix! Was feeling lazy!

Snacks: Muller greek yogurt 0.5 syns, squirt of low fat cream 1 syn, 1 x alpen light HEX B2, powdered milk 1 syn, aero mousse 5 syns
Extra Snacks: Someones birthday so I had a mini shortbread, flap jack and 1 celebration! 6 syns

Syns: 13.5

Week: 52/105

Will hopefully make a visit to the gym today, if I don't go today it will be tomorrow! Will see how my bloated body is!

Last edited:
I'm so happy it's Friday. Just so fed up of my current career, I need a change! Thinking about it all the time now, so my plan this weekend is to draft up my CV and covering letter! Also going to try and work on my freelance a little more - might open up a store on etsy and ebay! Wedding invites etc with a little personal touch! Maybe even the odd piece of wall art....

Food today: EE

Breakfast: Milk HEX A 1/2, bran flakes HEX B, toffee greek yog 0.5 syns

Lunch: Soup, toffee greek yog 0.5 syns

Dinner: Pasta n Sauce, butter 1 syn, Milk HEX A 1/2

Snacks: ham & chicken, apple, aplen light 3 syns, P-milk 1.5 syns, curly wurly 6 syns

Syns: 12.5

Week: 64.5/105

Hi Rachel,

Looks like you are doing well with the food :) you may be surprised with the scales as you may FEEL bloated but that shouldn't affect what the scales say...keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Nothing worse than not enjoying your job as it's where we spend most of our time....so definitely look in to something else if you aren't happy. Opening a store online sounds good! x

Back