Fresh start diary! Sticking to it 100% :)

Having a little giggle here as my oh is the same...he NEVER tidies up and doesn,t even realise there is such a thing as housework!!He thinks it all gets done done by magic lol.
We have 8 children,4 are mine to ex,2 his to his ex and we have 2 together...hectic when we had them all at home! Only our 2 teens at home now.7 grandkids and one on the way.
Today i had oats made 1/2 water 1/2 skimmed milk,with apple and sprinkle of cinnammon.
Lunch is lentil and bacon soup
Dinner is bacon wrapped chicken breasts with new pots,salad and sweetcorn.

Lentil and bacon soup

This makes a HUGE pan,so you might want to half ingredients
1 pkt red lentils
Garlic granules,salt and pepper
3/4 pk Asda cooking bacon with fat cut off
3 or 4 good size carrots,1/2 swede,2 large onions.2 leeks.3 peeled potatoes.Stock made with chicken or veg stock cubes.
Grate all the veg(we use the food processor,takes minutes)
Put lentils.bacon,all grated veg in pan,add salt,black pepper and garlic granules.
Make enough stock to cover,then bring to the boil.
Turn it down to a slow simmer for an hour.Keep giving it a stir.
Absolutely delicious.Try it and you wont eat tinned soup again lol.

Haha they really are all the same! If only it were done by magic! lol.

8 children, wow! I can imagine that was busy when they were all at home! How lovely to have a big family though :) I bet you're excited for the new arrival!

Will definitely be trying the soup in the next few weeks! Sounds yummy! x

Tell me about it! I've turned into a proper little housewife! lol. I don't mind it, but from time to time it would be nice to have some help! We've been together for nearly 4 years now. We've taken one step forward which was moving in together, but I don't think any steps further will be taken for a while! I'd love to buy a house but he's an accountant so he doesn't see the point right now. How old are you by the way? How exciting to be trying for a baby!! How long have you been trying for? I have a friend who's due on boxing day! Babies everywhere so I get very broody which doesn't help! It's good that he's told you what he wants from day one! It's taken me this long to get out of my OH what he actually wants! Took an argument for him to say he doesn't see himself having children in the next few years :( Oh well, I can wait, I just hope my body can!

It makes me laugh when I sit down with friends and we all moan about the same things, men really are from Mars! May have to read that book one day!

You're lucky that he runs you a bath and brings you breakfast in bed.... I once went into the kitchen and found himself making himself breakfast.... and that was when I was staying at his!!! Happens quite regularly.... does things for himself.... he agreed the other day that he can be selfish!! But he is very generous when it comes to going out for meals, he often treats me as he earns so much more than I do, so he makes up for his lack of help with that I guess :) x

Well all I can say is their goodness must outway their badness or we wouldn't still be with them :) It weird how men are different in the comittment side etc as I was with my ex boyfriend for 5 years (from being 18) and because we were young he just wanted to go out with his friends and again was selfish and he often said he didn't want kids for years etc but he ended up being unfaithful and that ended BUT when I got with my OH we moved in together after 6 months....it felt like I was rushing in to it but it just felt so right.

I am 27 and my OH is 34 in November, i'm quite lucky that he's never been engaged, married or had kids. We have been trying since May/June but it is so difficult as since I came off the contraceptive pill (in April) my cycles have gone from being 28 days to 41 days now, which is a pain in the bum!! Trying for a baby is not as exciting as it sounds but more stressful haha. Like you say his feelings may change in the next 12 -24 months and he may decide he wants them earlier than he thinks he does at the minute....fingers crossed for you!

Oooo I may have to look for this book!

Oh my goodness, I think I may have actually punched my OH if he was stood making himself breakfast and didn't ask me. My OH is sometimes too generous when it comes to sharing etc as even if he's eating a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar he always offers me so and that is NOT good for the diet. He thinks he is being nice but he's just making it harder for my diet ha. xx

Well all I can say is their goodness must outway their badness or we wouldn't still be with them :) It weird how men are different in the comittment side etc as I was with my ex boyfriend for 5 years (from being 18) and because we were young he just wanted to go out with his friends and again was selfish and he often said he didn't want kids for years etc but he ended up being unfaithful and that ended BUT when I got with my OH we moved in together after 6 months....it felt like I was rushing in to it but it just felt so right.

I am 27 and my OH is 34 in November, i'm quite lucky that he's never been engaged, married or had kids. We have been trying since May/June but it is so difficult as since I came off the contraceptive pill (in April) my cycles have gone from being 28 days to 41 days now, which is a pain in the bum!! Trying for a baby is not as exciting as it sounds but more stressful haha. Like you say his feelings may change in the next 12 -24 months and he may decide he wants them earlier than he thinks he does at the minute....fingers crossed for you!

Oooo I may have to look for this book!

Oh my goodness, I think I may have actually punched my OH if he was stood making himself breakfast and didn't ask me. My OH is sometimes too generous when it comes to sharing etc as even if he's eating a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar he always offers me so and that is NOT good for the diet. He thinks he is being nice but he's just making it harder for my diet ha. xx

That's true! They do have their good points which generally outweigh the bad! :)

5 years is a long time at that age and what makes it worse is men generally don't mature until their late 20's! Always found it hard to trust anyone as bf's I had when I was younger generally cheated whenever they had the opportunity! I guess it was a blessing in disguise though else we'd never have met our OH's! It all falls into to place eventually :)

I'm smack bang in the middle of your ages then :) I'm 30 and my OH is 29. It will happen for you both :) Just give it time! I think when you come off the pill it can take your body 6 months or more to get back to normal. I know it took my friend a while after coming off the injection to conceive. Will happen before you know it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Haha I did shout at him for being selfish! But sadly he has done it since lol x

Morning all :)

Feel good today! I chose to have an options instead of mini fingers last night, so less syns! But I'll be eating them tonight haha.

It's all systems go at work this week! We have Open Evening in a few weeks and I'm currently trying to sort out all of the PVC banners to go outside the school (then I have publication material to complete!). If only I had a computer that was quick and efficient! I'll probably want to throw it out of the window again at some point today. Another negative to this is that I'll probably skip the gym for a few weeks, computer stress tires me out! Roll on Monday 7th October when it's all over!

Having a green day today as I don't really have any meat in the house, let's see how I go :)

Tuesday: Green

Breakfast:
Boiled egg
Muller light
Bran flakes HEX B

Lunch:
Brown bread HEX B
Lettuce
Ham 1 syn
Salad, beetroot, boiled egg
EL mayo 1 syn
Muller light

Dinner:
Bubble & Squeak
Cheese HEX A
Courgette, carrots, sprouts
Beans
Ketchup 1 syn

Snacks:
2 apples
Options 2 syns
Cream 1 syn
Powdered milk 1 syn
Mini fingers 5.5 syns

Daily syns: 12.5
Weekly syns: 19.5/105

Last edited:
Morning

Food looking good for today. Always good to plan for the day, stops the picking!!

So cold today - had to cave and pt the heating on last night so looks like that is it on for the winter!!

I moved from just outside Glasgow in 2005 to Aberdeen to be with OH after a long distance relationship for 3.5yrs!! Bought a house in a little Village called Cruden Bay - it is lovely and quiet after having stayed just outside the city next to the Hospital!!!

Have a lovely day x

Morning

Food looking good for today. Always good to plan for the day, stops the picking!!

So cold today - had to cave and pt the heating on last night so looks like that is it on for the winter!!

I moved from just outside Glasgow in 2005 to Aberdeen to be with OH after a long distance relationship for 3.5yrs!! Bought a house in a little Village called Cruden Bay - it is lovely and quiet after having stayed just outside the city next to the Hospital!!!

Have a lovely day x

Thank you :)

I know, it's freezing here too! But I bet it's nowhere near as cold as where you are!

I've never been to Scotland, really want to go one day though, hopefully in the not too distant future!

I bet a long distant relationship was hard!

Have a lovely day too :) x

I live in Northumberland and its been cool here too, though not enough to have the heating on yet.
I have felt hungry all morning..had oats(made with half skimmed milk and half water)banana and cup of tea for breakfast. Just had lunch, hm scotch broth,apple and muller yoghurt.Tea is sw scotch eggs,sw chips and mushy peas.
I have just made a pot of SW chilli to freeze and mistakenly added baked beans instead of chopped tomatoes! So it now has kidney beans,chopped toms and baked beans in.Surprisingly,it tastes quite nice lol.

I live in Northumberland and its been cool here too, though not enough to have the heating on yet.
I have felt hungry all morning..had oats(made with half skimmed milk and half water)banana and cup of tea for breakfast. Just had lunch, hm scotch broth,apple and muller yoghurt.Tea is sw scotch eggs,sw chips and mushy peas.
I have just made a pot of SW chilli to freeze and mistakenly added baked beans instead of chopped tomatoes! So it now has kidney beans,chopped toms and baked beans in.Surprisingly,it tastes quite nice lol.

Sounds good. Chilli sounds nice too

I've not yet turned the heating on either, it's not so cold at home, just freezing at work!

Food is sounding lovely! Never thought to put baked beans in a chilli?! May try it out one day :) x

I always put baked beans in chilli rather than kidney beans!! Now use heinz 5 bean 1 or something like that!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

no..i dont have a diary yet..just came upon this again as joined a while ago and forgot my password and user name! Duhhh!! Honestly,i,m hopeless.

Morning :)

Can I ask... does anyone else ever feel bloated on this diet? I got home last night and I must have looked at least 6 months pregnant! I've felt like it for a few days now. I don't know if it's just down to IBS or if it happens to a lot of others?!

Food for today: RED

Breakfast:
Boiled egg
Bran flakes HEX B
Greek muller 0.5 syns

Lunch:
Mint & pea soup
1 slice bread HEX B
Muller

Dinner:
Salmon omelette
baked beans
salad
cheese HEX A
Ketchup 1 syn

Snacks:
Chicken & ham slices
2 apples
curly wurly 6 syns
hot choc with cream 3 syns

Syns: 10.5
Weekly: 30/105

Posted a photo of my typical morning/lunch food (without egg and bread though!)

Attachments

• 1379485606764.jpg
    1379485606764.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
no..i dont have a diary yet..just came upon this again as joined a while ago and forgot my password and user name! Duhhh!! Honestly,i,m hopeless.

You're not hopeless! I could tell you a million and one things that I have forgotten the passwords to. Always seem to forget haha.

If you do get a diary let me know and I'll subscribe :) x

Haha I am the same but not necessarily hungry but just want to eat because my OH is eating haha. Like last night we had gammon for tea and I was very satisfied with it....he then got a bag of crisps, had 3 crackers with blue cheese on, had some lemon drizzle cake with cream (which I made for him yesterday) and then he eventually got some fruit bags which I shared haha. Oh while he was munching on his crackers I went and got the chicken out of the fridge that was spare from sunday lunch...so day 1 was a success.

I am very well thanks, feeling very positive again this week and hoping for a bigger loss as there is absolutely nothing standing in my way this week other than the chinese but I am going to try something new that is low syns :)

How are you? x

Haha I am the same but not necessarily hungry but just want to eat because my OH is eating haha. Like last night we had gammon for tea and I was very satisfied with it....he then got a bag of crisps, had 3 crackers with blue cheese on, had some lemon drizzle cake with cream (which I made for him yesterday) and then he eventually got some fruit bags which I shared haha. Oh while he was munching on his crackers I went and got the chicken out of the fridge that was spare from sunday lunch...so day 1 was a success.

I am very well thanks, feeling very positive again this week and hoping for a bigger loss as there is absolutely nothing standing in my way this week other than the chinese but I am going to try something new that is low syns :)

How are you? x

I'm the same, too much temptation when other people eat! My OH eats like a horse but he does play rugby so it keeps him lean! Men just seem to have faster metabolism too and generally have great non fat legs! It's not fair!

I was feeling quite positive at the start of the week, I too have a Chinese planned in with low syn options. But now I'm starting to think my loss may be non existent as I'm also going out for drinks and dinner with a few friends on Sat night! I won't have alcohol so that's OK, but I'm terrible at sticking with healthy choices when I'm at a restaurant. My cousin is also doing the diet so will choose what she has and hope for the best! She's lost over a stone since April! Fingers crossed the results are not too bad on Monday x

Back