Fresh start

So I've decided to become a member to keep me on the straight and narrow! Even though I am a complete newbie to this (fantastically inspiring) site, sadly I cannot say i'm a newbie to the dieting world... Food has always controlled my life in some form or another, but this time I am determined not to let it control me! I started (formally) dieting a few years ago. I lost 2 and a half stone on SW, but during my college years I put it back on plus some :sigh:.. During college I tried WW, maple Syrup, Special k, Cabbage soup and even SW again... but I'd always lose about a stone and a half and think I could stuff my face again...leading to many disastrous weigh ins!

Howeeever I am extremely optimistic about this time round. Having lost 10lb on lipotrim I think I have realised just how good SW was and learned to appreciate it. For now I plan on losing the stubborn stone and a half on lipotrim and maintaining with SW. Having finished college and put an end to that wonderfully scattered period of my life i really think I can focus on eating healthily in the future and maintaining my goal weight. I've never had a problem in losing weight instead my ruination comes in the form of keeping it off. This time however I feel I have planned for that process and hope to God that it works. Having skimmed through this site I am truly inspired by everyone's honest posts about the nitty gritty world of calorie counting.

Thanks to everyone for giving me the motivation I have needed :D
Starting weight 162lb (07/06/11) Current 152lb goal 130lb
Height 5ft 4

Hi, and welcome. I always lose a stone and give up my diet :cry:. This last time I lost exactly 2 stone and gave up! Now I am so angry at myself and disappointed as I'd be well on my way to losing 3 stone if I'd stuck at it! I have lots to lose, so will be around to support you. I plan to do WW old points plan and walk loads, do wii fit and zumba. If I got to a healthy weight I would maintain with slimming world but I feel for now WW is best for me. Xxx

Thanks so much for your support Rainbow Mum :) Its so disheartening falling off the diet wagon isn't it? This time I hope we have it cracked!! just drawing a blank slate and working from there!!! I tried WW and although I had fabulous weight losses, shame my willpower did not last!! x

Hi and welcome. I'm new here too. My weight has been creeping up ever since I started seeing my husband 10 years ago, I was 9st 9lbs and now I'm 15st 6lbs, enough's enough! I'm determined to get back down to 9st 9lbs. I have done diets throughout the years lost some weight and stopped dieting and put the weight plus more back on. So I know how you feel.

I think I will have to concede that I am one of these people who will never be able to eat what I want I will always have to keep an eye on my weight.

Good luck for your continued weight loss.

MrsP, thanks for your support! This site is great for the motivation and also serves as a wonderful distraction from extra calories :) I'm exactly the same, will never be able to not watch what i eat. At least I'm not the only one!
Good luck to you too ... we will get there :)

We will get there, I agree. The support is great, I only joined a couple of days ago but feel the support has been fantastic so far, it's made me feel so motivated! And your right I'm too busy typing to be snacking, which is always a good thing! :) xx

Welcome to the forum TinyDancer! Hope you get good results soon. Keep us updated!

Back