Friday weighers

LOOSERS!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

LOL, i mean that in a loving way!
Well done everyone! Fantastic losses!

-2lb again for me this week :happy036:

Go team Friday!!

:party0019::party0019::party0019:

Well don't I feel bad now, sorry to wreck the trend....up 2lbs.

I took a running leap off the wagon this week, but as of this morning I'm firmly back in my seat...sitting up at the front like a good girl :)

Taniau-dont feel bad, good on you getting right back on it! :) xx

Way to go everyone!!!!!

I managed to lose another 1.5 lb this week and I'm now only 1 lb off my target weight. And I got my 2.5 stone award. :D

I would hate to be one of those people that say "I've no idea why cos I've pigged out all week and still managed to lose against all the odds", but I would be lying if I said I had really tried and stuck to plan all week. For the last month or so I've been very much off plan every weekend but tried to make better choices on weekdays (allbeit a little half-heartedly). Everyone else seems to struggle to get their last few lbs off when they're getting close to their target but my weight is still coming off despite not sticking to the plan. I'm now wondering if I've set my target too high?

I've based it on the fact that when I was in my 20's, my weight was always comfortable at just over the 10 stone mark and if I ever went below 10 st then people always said I looked a bit gaunt. I figure that as I'm now in my late 40's that 10 st 7 lb is a realistic ideal weight for me but as I said, I'm still losing easily and without any real effort at all. I'm 5'5" and I'd say I'm of medium build so do you think I should aim for a lower weight?

How have you lot decided what your target weight should be?

I don't like setting a target weight (I have argued with my C about this), I have no idea what I should be at 6' 1"!! I put 14 stone on here as a guess, but Ill change if necessary when I get there

Your BMI suggests your in the right range, but most importantly are you happy with your size? Thats the only person you have to please... You!! x

Way to go everyone!!!!!

I managed to lose another 1.5 lb this week and I'm now only 1 lb off my target weight. And I got my 2.5 stone award. :D

I would hate to be one of those people that say "I've no idea why cos I've pigged out all week and still managed to lose against all the odds", but I would be lying if I said I had really tried and stuck to plan all week. For the last month or so I've been very much off plan every weekend but tried to make better choices on weekdays (allbeit a little half-heartedly). Everyone else seems to struggle to get their last few lbs off when they're getting close to their target but my weight is still coming off despite not sticking to the plan. I'm now wondering if I've set my target too high?

I've based it on the fact that when I was in my 20's, my weight was always comfortable at just over the 10 stone mark and if I ever went below 10 st then people always said I looked a bit gaunt. I figure that as I'm now in my late 40's that 10 st 7 lb is a realistic ideal weight for me but as I said, I'm still losing easily and without any real effort at all. I'm 5'5" and I'd say I'm of medium build so do you think I should aim for a lower weight?

Hi, I'd say just go with what you feel is right for you. Personally I am in the healthy BMI range but I'm still wanting to lose to get to the weight I was a few years ago( felt most confident at this size) so that's how I set my target :)

See how you feel when at target and if you decided you wanted to lose a couple more pounds then set a new target :) Good Luck :)

Way to go everyone!!!!!

Well done on your loss :)

RE your target, i dont think its too high! I have personaly set my target high as i know i will be happy at that weight. I think a target needs to be reachable and maintainable.
Also for me i really dont want to be in-between cloths sizes lol. Id rather be half a stone heavyer and my clothes fit well :) xx

Well done on the losses, everyone! And don't worry, taniau, you'll soon get that weight off again! :)

I managed to forget my gym bag yesterday so I couldn't get to the gym to weigh in, doh. So I think I'll leave it til next week, as I have quite a busy weekend ahead. Judging by my home scales I'm about a STS this week though, which is fine - lost quite a bit over the past three weeks, so was due one!

Auntynet, I set my target at 9st 7 because that's what I remember weighing in my late teens and I seem to recall I was quite slim then, lol. It's definitely not set in stone though - really, I want to be a comfortable size 10 in trousers, so when I've achieved that I'll stop! How about hitting your current target, then seeing how easy it is to maintain? If you're still losing despite trying to maintain, then you can lower your target a bit.

Thanks for the advice everyone - my target of 10 st 7 lb is at the top end of the "healthy" range for my height so there is room for me to lower my target if I feel I should. I never actually thought about trying to get down to my pre-mum days!! lol. What I have realised today is that I now weigh half a stone less than I did when I got married nearly 7 yrs ago so I think I'm gonna get my wedding dress out tomorrow and try it on. :D Will let you know how I get on.

auntynet said:
Thanks for the advice everyone - my target of 10 st 7 lb is at the top end of the "healthy" range for my height so there is room for me to lower my target if I feel I should. I never actually thought about trying to get down to my pre-mum days!! lol. What I have realised today is that I now weigh half a stone less than I did when I got married nearly 7 yrs ago so I think I'm gonna get my wedding dress out tomorrow and try it on. :D Will let you know how I get on.

You should def get your wedding dress out and try it on!!!! :)

GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW FRIDAY WEIGHERS :) xx

Just wanted to say a quick good luck to everyone for tomorrow!!!

I have completely mucked up this week :-( this happens whenever I get to/near target, I just eat and eat and eat. I've been away for 5 days and it's been difficult as there was nothing sw friendly AND vegetarian. Im really just quite disappointed in myself, because I know although it was difficult I couldve made better choices...... Anyway, sorry for the rant!!

Just wanted to say a quick good luck to everyone for tomorrow!!!

I have completely mucked up this week :-( this happens whenever I get to/near target, I just eat and eat and eat. I've been away for 5 days and it's been difficult as there was nothing sw friendly AND vegetarian. Im really just quite disappointed in myself, because I know although it was difficult I couldve made better choices...... Anyway, sorry for the rant!!

Dont beat yourself up :) Life is always gonna be full of obstacles we have to overcome. You have done great and will be back at target again soon :) x

B's lovely lady I feel the same - think it'll be either a STS or a small gain for me tomorrow. Beginning of the week I was really snacking but have been good as gold the past two days - suspect it will be too little too late though. We shall see.....Good luck everyone :)

Good luck everyone today with your losses :)

Well an expected, and throughly deserved, 1.6lbs ON for me this week...... :break_diet:

Could have been worse though - it was 2.5lbs when I got on the scales on Monday :eek:

Well, Im ashamed to say I have put on 2.5lbs! Very disappointed in myself & I know where Im going wrong, but not to be full of self pity, I do find it difficult being at home, not working & worst of all not being able to exercise. I do keep really busy & this week I've been making all the Xmas delights......Xmas cake, Xmas pudding, mincemeat for tarts......luckily I dont like them!
I'm very excited for next week as we're off to London to see the Queen! Hubby is receiving his MBE, so hat is at the ready & luckily the skirt I had taken in a few months ago still fits lovely. Im so very proud of him & my Mum & MIL are coming with us, as he wanted his 'girls' with him! So Im sure there will be a few tears on Tuesday, happy tears of course!

Back