Friday weighers

Looks like a half pound on for me tomorrow judging from my sneaky peek today.

The doc upped my steroids on Monday so I am afraid I will likely put on at least 3-4 lbs over the next week or so even if I am 110%.......... ho-hum :-/

I have no idea where I'm at!! I've resisted sneaking (for probably the first week ever!! :D) Hoping to have some off but I feel the opposite... ;) XxX

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm trying not to stress because my home scales show me as up a couple of pounds this week :rolleyes: I'm not sure I've been good enough this week to lose, but I certainly haven't been bad enough to deserve a gain. I'm just going to think positive and drink lots of water - hopefully it's just bloat and I'll get a STS tomorrow. Either way, I'm going to have an awesomely 100% week after WI - I'm determined to get some more weight off before Christmas. I've been a bit too slack recently!

Good luck for tomorrow everyone!! Hope everyone has had a good week! I had a lovely weekend lol so not holding out alot of hope for tomorrow1 But we shall see xx

Looks like a half pound on for me tomorrow judging from my sneaky peek today.

The doc upped my steroids on Monday so I am afraid I will likely put on at least 3-4 lbs over the next week or so even if I am 110%.......... ho-hum :-/

Don't know what kind of steroids you are on, but I have been on major amounts of steroids for asthma over the last few weeks. In fact I have been on a lower dose of steroids for 20 years... the last few weeks have been a really high dose as I had a chest infection.

It is possible to lose weight whilst on steroids, but be careful as they don't 'make you put on weight', but what they do is give you constant hunger (increased appetite). My best advice would be to be prepared and stash lots of healthy foods/syn free at home/work and prepare for it.

Hope all goes well for you Annya x

Last edited:
Thanks Vicki.

I've been on long-term high-dose steroids for the past 8 years to suppress my immune system and will have to remain on them for the rest of my life. They are cranked up over the winter months due to the risk of infection with 'flu, pneumonia etc which could literally kill me.

Strangely enough, they don't seem to increase my appetite at all? I will eat exactly the same, but the numbers on those scales will still rise. Believe me, I have been there and bought the t-shirt on this one! I think my biggest hate of all though is the hair loss, the moon face, and the steroid rages..... I scare myself sometimes and God only knows how my dear husband puts up with me!

In a couple of weeks everything will settle down as I adjust and I will start to lose again, but my already sloth-like losses will get even slower........... Never mind though, I know what to expect, I know what it's all about, and it is infintely preferrable to dying - which is what the alternative is if I don't take them!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow :)

Good luck for today everyone :)

I caved in to a pizza last night so pretty much sabotaged myself :( (but kinda hoping it'll effect next week not this afternoon!) Bad Charli!

XxX

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Vicki.

I've been on long-term high-dose steroids for the past 8 years to suppress my immune system and will have to remain on them for the rest of my life. They are cranked up over the winter months due to the risk of infection with 'flu, pneumonia etc which could literally kill me.

Strangely enough, they don't seem to increase my appetite at all? I will eat exactly the same, but the numbers on those scales will still rise. Believe me, I have been there and bought the t-shirt on this one! I think my biggest hate of all though is the hair loss, the moon face, and the steroid rages..... I scare myself sometimes and God only knows how my dear husband puts up with me!

In a couple of weeks everything will settle down as I adjust and I will start to lose again, but my already sloth-like losses will get even slower........... Never mind though, I know what to expect, I know what it's all about, and it is infintely preferrable to dying - which is what the alternative is if I don't take them!

Bless, sorry to hear of your problems, I know what you mean though - I have massive mood swings and moon face, but that is infinetly better than stopping breathing!! Thankfully my OH still wants to marry me next year - the wedding is booked.
Hope all goes well for you over the next few weeks, best of luck x

-1lb :)

Half a pound ON this week - not unexpected, so not that concerned.

Hopefully the steroid bloat will start to dissipate this week and get me back on track. Always slow, but aiming for slowly downwards rather than slowly upwards next week..........

Good luck to all us Friday weighers this week!

Half a pound on this week and I felt great before being weighed!

NVM agreed action plan with consultant as my food diary looks ok just have to shift some things about. Got a week off now so when I get back I want to be on fire!

:)

Good job on the losses :) I am up a pound...not really happy about it but I wasn't 100% this week and I think I was dehydrated last WI so I really shouldn't expect anything different.

It's our first cold (-15) and snowy day here...all I want is hot bread type products. I suspect winter is going to be difficult :)

Good job on the losses :) I am up a pound...not really happy about it but I wasn't 100% this week and I think I was dehydrated last WI so I really shouldn't expect anything different.

It's our first cold (-15) and snowy day here...all I want is hot bread type products. I suspect winter is going to be difficult :)

-15???!! Ouch!

I sooooooo love Canada. I like skiing and snowboarding and would one day love to move over as I have family over there. Very jealous of you!!! x

We could trade :)

It is a nice place to live :), and where I am we're close to the mountains so it can go from -20 to +15 in a few hours if there's a chinook, so I've got it a lot better than some.

Well done on the losses :)
I've had a horrible cold and have been literally going to work, coming home and going to bed for the past three days. I've used it as an excuse to eat absolute rubbish and the scales showed 10 stone 4 lbs today which is a gain of 4 lbs :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Can't say I believe it and it'll probably be bloat due to eating lots of c*&p!!!

Need to get a grip and get back to healthy eating asap!

I'm in cape town so couldn't WI this am which is probably a good thing.... Have had some lovely food down here!!! Just about to leave so will WI Sunday

Well done everyone! Xxx

Well done on the losses :)
I've had a horrible cold and have been literally going to work, coming home and going to bed for the past three days. I've used it as an excuse to eat absolute rubbish and the scales showed 10 stone 4 lbs today which is a gain of 4 lbs :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Can't say I believe it and it'll probably be bloat due to eating lots of c*&p!!!

Need to get a grip and get back to healthy eating asap!

Hope you feel better soon. I know that when I'm not feeling well the last thing I want to eat is veggies or fruit, and drinking water doesn't really cut it either. But easy on easy off they say. Just remember to take care of yourself.

Back