Friday weighers

This is going to be an interesting week for me!! I'm normally a red day girl - but I didn't have a great weekend - I went out for a takeaway and pigged out on homemade bread on sunday - so I'm trying to make up for it this week...... I have *invented* a 5 of 5 week. this is going to sound really silly, but i've challenged myself to:

5 days
5 superspeed foods
5 glasses of water
5 syns (or less)
5 30min workouts

I'm on day 3 so far and it's killing me!!! I can't keep off the loo - I think the superspeed foods are generally going straight through me! Mostly eating raspberries, straberries and melon. But I think the workouts are helping..... I'll keep you all posted!! x :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Been 100% this week so hoping for another good loss. Hubby's away at the mo and will be for the next two weeks so finding it a lot easier to stick to it. Gives me something to focus on instead of missing him so much! Looking forward to Friday this week! Good luck everyone! XXX

Hi vicky and welcome to the friday gang. I wouldn't worry too much about your weight when your husband comes home, I'm sure you'll manage to keep on plan with a little planning. There are some fantastic recipes on this forum and my husband and 21 yr old son have both dropped a jeans size this summer just by eating what I serve them which is normal family meals but all prepared the sw way. At first I didn't tell tell them they were eating sw stuff - I mean, how many diets do you know where you can eat kebabs, curries - with chips!!!, roast dinners, cheesy pastas etc and still be able to have a few drinks or chocolate now and again? - but they're both very good at complementing me on the meals I serve so in the end I just had to brag to them :D I suppose I'm lucky really cos neither of them are fussy eaters (which does make it a whole lot easier when you're cooking for a family) and they're both very supportive so they will eat things that they don't particularly want to - or another way of looking at it is that if they don't eat what I've made, then they have to feed themselves, lol. ;)

Thanks Auntynet! Already feeling really positive after all the welcomes from this thread, you're all so lovely! That's the thing I love about this diet is that you don't feel deprived of anything! I'm a bit limited as I live in Cyprus and the only option is to cook from scratch as to buy uk brands here is so expensive. One of my problems is I end up getting stuck in a rut and cooking the same things so taking inspiration from this site for new food ideas. There's also a site I use called www.slimmingeats.com. The lady who writes the blog is also a member on here, her recipes are fab and easy to get through, I lose interest very quickly if the recipe is too complicated! Lol! X

Thanks Taniau - so pleased with myself. :D

I promised myself a treat of a full fat chicken korma takeaway - I've tried loads of sw recipes for curry but none of them hit the spot like the real thing and I haven't had one since I started the plan back in Feb so I was really looking forward to it. So last night I ordered the takeaway and put some sw chips in the oven to have with the korma however, unbeknown to me cos I haven't used it for so long, our local takeaway is now under new management and when my curry arrived it wasn't the scrummy tasting creamy coconutty korma that I used to have - it was basically your bog standard chicken curry that you get from a chinese takeaway (a bit greeny coloured) with some coconut milk added :eek: :eek: :eek: aI was soooooo disappointed :( I had wasted my treat of a blow-out meal on something that wasn't half as nice as it should have been and to make matters worse, I'm still craving my illicit korma but have to wait until next weekend now cos of all the syns I consumed eating the minging one last night. lol.

Top of my shopping list next weekend is a jar of full fat Pataks Korma sauce mix!!! ;)

Auntynet....rather than buying a full fat jar of Pataks Korma sauce, why dont you try making your own version of a full fat Korma if you want a treat. My DH makes it with ground almonds, coconut milk, spices & chicken....even better than the local takeaway!

Morning Friday Weighers
Sorry not been around for the last few weeks. Xmas cake, pudding & mincemeat all made & looking good. Feeding the cake every few days with brandy & am soooo looking forward to decorating it, never decorated a cake before so will get tips from hubby.......he's won lots of awards for his cakes, as he was a chef in the Marines.....yes I am a lucky girl!
Well, all went fabulously at the Palace when hubby got his MBE......I was very proud, but ate lots of lovely naughty food & rather guiltily didnt WI on the Friday.....guilt is a terrible thing!
So, after the extravagance of those few days I got back onto plan & then rather surprisingly got a phone call from my surgeon asking if I would like to come into hospital the next day for surgery! So, this Tuesday we were up with the lark at 5am to drive to Southampton Neurological Centre for a Cervical Discectomy & Fusion!!! Hubby off work to look after me for the next 2 weeks & he's down in the kitchen making me healthy nutricious soups etc....chicken & veg soup for lunch & cottage pie & veg for dinner. Unfortunately, Im unable to do any lifting,pulling, pushing, work etc for the next 12 weeks.....so no exercising for me, apart from walking really, so the lazy dog will have to change her ideas!
Good luck to everyone tomorrow
Kim

Morning Friday Weighers
Sorry not been around for the last few weeks. Xmas cake, pudding & mincemeat all made & looking good. Feeding the cake every few days with brandy & am soooo looking forward to decorating it, never decorated a cake before so will get tips from hubby.......he's won lots of awards for his cakes, as he was a chef in the Marines.....yes I am a lucky girl!
Well, all went fabulously at the Palace when hubby got his MBE......I was very proud, but ate lots of lovely naughty food & rather guiltily didnt WI on the Friday.....guilt is a terrible thing!
So, after the extravagance of those few days I got back onto plan & then rather surprisingly got a phone call from my surgeon asking if I would like to come into hospital the next day for surgery! So, this Tuesday we were up with the lark at 5am to drive to Southampton Neurological Centre for a Cervical Discectomy & Fusion!!! Hubby off work to look after me for the next 2 weeks & he's down in the kitchen making me healthy nutricious soups etc....chicken & veg soup for lunch & cottage pie & veg for dinner. Unfortunately, Im unable to do any lifting,pulling, pushing, work etc for the next 12 weeks.....so no exercising for me, apart from walking really, so the lazy dog will have to change her ideas!
Kim

Your hubby sounds a star!!! take it easy x

Morning Friday Weighers
Kim

Sounds like a whole lot of excitement. Hope your recovery is straight-forward.

Well done auntynet!!
GOODLUCK FOR TOMORROW EVERYONE
xxx

Ate a massive pizza last night (in fact had an awful week!) Dreading weigh in this afternoon :( XxX

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Me too.... I normally look forward to weighing in, I know each week I look forward to those few pounds coming off and getting one step closer to my target, but this week I'm :hide: freaking!!

I've been so bad and then so good, so if I sts - I'll be chuffed. Eeeaaaaaaakkkkk! I will know by 09:00! x

Last edited:
1.2lbs off for me this week so I'm back to the same weight I was a month ago...............I know I shouldn't moan, but this is blood hard work!

So very excited I lost 2lb - I think my 5 of 5 week did the trick. I've got to be honest - I wouldn't recommend it as I nearly pooped myself a couple of times eating all those superspeed foods. The strawberries, raspberries and melon had somewhat of a laxative effect.... enough of that nastyness!!! But it seemed to have helped :eek:

Good luck fellow Friday team x x

Well done vickie and Annya!!!

I lost 2lbs!! Yay!!! Back down to target!!! Im really pleased....but I've decided to move my target down by 2lbs and see how I get on! I'd like to be less for christmas - a bit of damage control!!!

Good luck everyone yet to weigh!!!

Hope the recovery is going well for you Kim - and congratulations on your hubby's MBE! How exciting! :)

Hope the WI goes well Charleybob - if you have gained, just draw a line and get back on track. It'll come off again next week!

Annya - I think you're doing so well. Sounds like you're trying to lose weight under very trying circumstances. I bet lots of people would have given up, but you're going in the right direction and I know you'll get to your target in the end!

Vickidyers - woo, well done! I think I might need to try your 5 of 5 week from tomorrow, lol. I've been doing a red week, and I've found that has rather the opposite effect, lmao - very binding!

Well done on getting back to target, B's lovely lady! :)

I am actually looking forward to WI this evening, lol - I have been as good as gold, so I really hope my hard work will show on the scales!

Good luck to everyone today :)

Vickidyers - woo, well done! I think I might need to try your 5 of 5 week from tomorrow, lol. I've been doing a red week, and I've found that has rather the opposite effect, lmao - very binding!

Maybe that was part of my problem - it was a bit of a shock to my system as I only normally do red days!! I'm so pleased with that loss as I am now 16stone and looking forward to getting into the 15s next week - I want a good loss so I can firmly plant my rapidly reducing in size bott in a new thread!!

Best of luck with weigh in - keep us posted on your red week x

Back