Friday weighers

I have had to eat my tea at 10 pm tonight because being so crazy busy bit only chance i've had and i havent syned it WI will prob not be pretty :(

Hope everyone is happy with what they get x

Sts this week but i dont mind after that massive loss last week i dont wanna be losing too fast when i dont have tons to lose.

How's everyone else done?

A loss of 1.4lbs which I'm thrilled with, that takes me over my first 7lb loss. Good luck to everyone......'May the scales be kind'

I weigh in a at home on a Friday, and have just joined the site, so I will join in your posting up if I can.

But I have a problem, I did have 1 off day this week (but still under for my weekly max amount having 62 syns out of an available 105), but have stayed the same for 2 weeks running now !!

I have been doing SW for 5 wks, and my biggest lost was 3lb in week 3 ... my losses upto now are .. first wk was 2lb, then 2.5lb, 3lb in 3rd week, sts week 4, sts week 5 - (despite having 5 stone to lose).

Now for the first 4 weeks I followed it to the tee - I write everything down and am not one for cheating ...... my off day was just the one, where I had 38 syns - but after that I went straight back on plan.

Could anyone advise ? I feel really dishearted ... many yrs ago I did 1000 a day, and lost weight every week, whislt also exercising (which as we know builds muscle, which weights heavier than fat). I have only managed 2 days of exercise during my 5 weeks, due to time really, so its not water retention from that that's causing the stick .... I feel like I'm running in sand !!!!

When I see peeps having 5lb and 7lb losses in one week ... I wonder what I am doing wrong, as I'm certainly big enough to have a big loss in the early weeks !!

Help !!

Holly x

I'm going to start a food diary thread too, to see if anyone can shed any light !!

wk 1 = 2lb off :)
wk 2 = 2.5lb off :)
wk 3 = 3lb off :)
wk 4 = STS :(
wk 5 = STS :(

Last edited:
lesleyloo said:
I weigh in a at home on a Friday, and have just joined the site, so I will join in your posting up if I can.

But I have a problem, I did have 1 off day this week (but still under for my weekly max amount having 62 syns out of an available 105), but have stayed the same for 2 weeks running now !!

I have been doing SW for 5 wks, and my biggest lost was 3lb in week 3 ... my losses upto now are .. first wk was 2lb, then 2.5lb, 3lb in 3rd week, sts week 4, sts week 5 - (despite having 5 stone to lose).

Now for the first 4 weeks I followed it to the tee - I write everything down and am not one for cheating ...... my off day was just the one, where I had 38 syns - but after that I went straight back on plan.

Could anyone advise ? I feel really dishearted ... many yrs ago I did 1000 a day, and lost weight every week, whislt also exercising (which as we know builds muscle, which weights heavier than fat). I have only managed 2 days of exercise during my 5 weeks, due to time really, so its not water retention from that that's causing the stick .... I feel like I'm running in sand !!!!

When I see peeps having 5lb and 7lb losses in one week ... I wonder what I am doing wrong, as I'm certainly big enough to have a big loss in the early weeks !!

Help !!

Holly x

I'm going to start a food diary thread too, to see if anyone can shed any light !!

wk 5 = STS :(

Bless you, it is disheartening isn't it. Are you weighing in exactly the same clothes? I'm a really slow loser & have it set in my mind that as long as I lose or STS then I'm ok, just don't want to put on!

I try to eat my 'free' cooked breakfast even in the week. I find if I have cereals/ bread then it slows right down. If you are having cereals are you weighing them? I know pre SW the amount of cereal in my bowl was about twice what I have now! I bulk it put with strawberries now. :) Last night hubby & son had steak pie & I had a mushroom omlette ( same veg) . I also try to keep my syns to 10 in case I miscalculate something.

Don't get disheartened, re-read the book & I'm sure it will come off. I also have a lot to lose (4stone now) so need to keep plodding on. We will get there.

Xx

Help !!

Holly x

Hi Holly, I'm into my 5th week with sw and I find it really helpful to keep a food diary, i also get inspiration and motivation from reading other members diaries. I cook larger amounts of food so that I have plenty of leftovers for the next day (and sometimes the following day), this way I always have sw friendly foods ready which stops me from eating something that's not going to help my weight loss. I think you are doing really well, you've lost over 1/2 a stone and you've not put a pound back on

Hi Bobbi ... great to hear from you.

Yep ....having a re-think I also think I now know where I've gone wrong. Having a good read through my food diaries, I have been doing EE, and forgetting that I've already had 2 HEBs, or eating dinner, and then having another 2 alpen lights with a coffee .. !!!!

I haven't done this every day, but I think thats where I've gone wrong .... also some days, I've only eaten dinner and had no breaky of lunch (or really not much too much at all uring the day) .... sometimes having sort of forgot to eat if I was busy .. !!!

So I think I have worked out whats gone wrong .... as I do write down everything, measure everything with spoons or scales, and never cheat.

Also, I weighed myself again (this time at the time I usually do, around 11am), and I had lost 1.5lb on that weigh in ...!! So I'll take that instead of the STS anyday !!

So that means I'm 9lb down in 5 weeks, which I'm pleased about, but expected to lose a stone, bearing in mind my starting point. But as my Mum said to me, you're lighter than when you started, and you haven't put any of it back on, even if its only a lb you're lost, of when I stayed the same as the week before. (just as you say Bobbi)

So, I'm even more determined now to make it work, as I think if I've still lost, even though I've been mixing the plans up wrong !, then I can only lose more now I will be careful not to have 2 HEBs if doing the EE.

Until next Friday gals .. !!!

Thank you so much for your comments and support.

Holly x

Last edited:
Hi everyone...I just got back on the slimming world wagon and decided Friday is a good weigh in day for me....hope you don't mind me joining you!!!

I'm only coming back on today so doubt I will lose much between now and Friday but I'll weigh in anyway so that I've got a starting point!

Looking forward to chatting to you all and getting to know you :D

Jxx

HI,,
I weigh in on Fridays. last week been a disater. Cheese cake, chocolate, indian take-away!! I put on 1 llb, which I was really angry about, but it's my own fault and could have been worse.
My total weight loss is 1 llb. I have been doing this for only two weeks. Will be better next week.

sue1964 said:
HI,,
I weigh in on Fridays. last week been a disater. Cheese cake, chocolate, indian take-away!! I put on 1 llb, which I was really angry about, but it's my own fault and could have been worse.
My total weight loss is 1 llb. I have been doing this for only two weeks. Will be better next week.

The best advice I can give is just draw a line under it, remember why you want to lose weight and move on! Otherwise you'll be to disheartened to stick to plan. 1lb gain after your week isn't too bad :) x

Lost 1.25lb this week, wish I could lose more than 2lb a week!! Some people seem to be having huge losses (6-7lb) a week, its taken me 7 weeks to lose 9lb! I did an hours swimming this week and a very vigorous Zumba workout, bit annoying that my losses are always so paltry. I'm going to make some veg soup this weekend I think, try to up the Superfree!

4oz gain this week :( I've done the 30 day shred 3 times this week so I'm hoping that the small gain is muscle gain

4oz gain this week :( I've done the 30 day shred 3 times this week so I'm hoping that the small gain is muscle gain
4 OZ? Or 4lb? If 4oz I really wouldn't fret, that's just over 100g, could be the weight of a cup of tea! xx

4 OZ? Or 4lb? If 4oz I really wouldn't fret, that's just over 100g, could be the weight of a cup of tea! xx

4oz gain, it's my 5th week and it's very slow but I'm optimistic

I'm not an 'official' SW member..my sister in law is though and she has been helping me. This was my second week, and after losing 6lbs the first week, I lost another 2lbs this week! I'm a very happy bunny and still totally in 'the zone'.. Loving my Friday weigh in day! :)

Back