Friday weighers

Hey can I join you?

Re stared slimming world (from home) on Friday 3rd jan and my first weigh in was 16st 0lb. I have lost 1st 4lb since 2012 but it keeps sneeking back on and I've decided this year will be MY year! I'm going to weigh on a Friday :)

Hey can I join you?

Re stared slimming world (from home) on Friday 3rd jan and my first weigh in was 16st 0lb. I have lost 1st 4lb since 2012 but it keeps sneeking back on and I've decided this year will be MY year! I'm going to weigh on a Friday :)

Welcome on board :)

Good luck for this week!

Thanks abisaurus!

I will be having my first weigh in on Friday. Good luck all other Friday weighers!

Me 2 Lindsey, how's your week going so far?

Hi, I think I have had a good week but I am not very good with the milk allowance! I have swapped to skimmed but still use more than 350ml each day. Just hope that being careful with everything else will counteract the extra milk. I am quite motivated at the moment and am happy to make different food for me but pretty sure that will only last a few weeks before I think it's easier to have the jar of curry sauce in stead of making my own! My kids like what they like and often turn their nose up at new dishes.

how is your week going?

Hi, I think I have had a good week but I am not very good with the milk allowance! I have swapped to skimmed but still use more than 350ml each day. Just hope that being careful with everything else will counteract the extra milk. I am quite motivated at the moment and am happy to make different food for me but pretty sure that will only last a few weeks before I think it's easier to have the jar of curry sauce in stead of making my own! My kids like what they like and often turn their nose up at new dishes.

how is your week going?

Try 1% milk, Asda and co op do it, not sure about others. 300ml allowance. And someone i know adds a bit of water to their milk to make it stretch a bit further. Not sure if that works really, not done it myself. But i think skimmed may be a bit thin to try it with, not sure?

I saw the 1% in tesco today. You are right it is thin, perhaps I use too much to get the colour I am used to. Will try using a bit less and try to ignore the colour of the tea/coffee. Have also switched to sweetener in my hot drinks although it is pretty gross I am getting used to it! Here's hoping it pays off on Friday, it will make it worth while.

I am quite motivated at the moment and am happy to make different food for me but pretty sure that will only last a few weeks before I think it's easier to have the jar of curry sauce in stead of making my own!

Could you, while you have the motivation, make up extra portions for you and freeze them, so theyre ready to pull out when you cant be bothered to cook or when the kids want something different?

.x.x.

Had a sneaky early weigh this morning. And it's going in the right direction, not counting it though until Friday :)

Had a sneaky early weigh this morning. And it's going in the right direction, not counting it though until Friday :)

There does seem to be a very high rate of excitement now the new year has started. The January challenge has 124 people in it now, and a lot of them are so dedicated to losing this month its nice to see.

Oh well, I hold my hands up........after going away over Christmas and the New Year and eating and drinking everything in sight I have gained a huge 8lb :( Its the first holiday Ive had for quite some time and I really did enjoy it, so the numbers on the scale are deserved. However, party time is over and its time to get back to normal, Ive made a curry for tomorrows tea and Ive dragged the exercise bike from underneath the stairs and placed it right in the middle of the lounge ready for a few km's in the morning. Is it sad that Im actually looking forward to it ;)

Oh well, I hold my hands up........after going away over Christmas and the New Year and eating and drinking everything in sight I have gained a huge 8lb :( Its the first holiday Ive had for quite some time and I really did enjoy it, so the numbers on the scale are deserved. However, party time is over and its time to get back to normal, Ive made a curry for tomorrows tea and Ive dragged the exercise bike from underneath the stairs and placed it right in the middle of the lounge ready for a few km's in the morning. Is it sad that Im actually looking forward to it ;)

I have gained weight also (not sure on total figures yet) but i look at it in the aspect of, we have been awesomely well behaved for months, and we now have a mindset of healthy eating, so what is one blow out over Christmas? It will go back to normal now the holidays are over, once all the festive food stock has depleted. People who don't drink much get drunk at Christmas, who says people on food plans can't eat lots as well?

The main thing is you enjoyed your time off and are now ready to get back on it!

I was SO excited to get back to the gym at the weekend, absolutely loved every second of it. I cant wait for our group to go back to normal too, I really miss image therapy (we had so many new members last week EVERYONE got a new member talk instead) .x.x.

Dreading tomorrow morning's weigh in :sigh: my first weigh in and the week started great but then I've blown it! But I'm revising my plans and have made a weeks worth of meal choices so I'm never stood in the kitchen thinking I'm hungry what can I have ( and reaching for a chocolate bar :() I've also got a folding exercise bike today so I can start doing 1/2 hour in the afternoon ( I already walk 2 miles a day to school and back) so here's hoping this time next week I will be excited and not worried

Dreading tomorrow morning's weigh in :sigh: my first weigh in and the week started great but then I've blown it! But I'm revising my plans and have made a weeks worth of meal choices so I'm never stood in the kitchen thinking I'm hungry what can I have ( and reaching for a chocolate bar :() I've also got a folding exercise bike today so I can start doing 1/2 hour in the afternoon ( I already walk 2 miles a day to school and back) so here's hoping this time next week I will be excited and not worried

Sorry to point out the obvious, but you should not be feeling hungry and a need to grab a chocolate bar. The right meals, at the right times, and the right amounts, and you will lose that urge. Keep going, one thing i noticed at the beginning was the need to have the mentality change, and it does, given time and determination.

2.3lbs off this week :wee:

2.75 lb off this week :) not bad considering!

Back