Friday weighers

3.5lbs gain. I have been very naughty this week and its also star week so not surprised at all. Disappointed its such a big gain but only lost it last week due to illness so can't complain. I'm going to be a good girl this week...I hope lol

Well it was my first week back on plan I wrote everything down and drank 3L water most days Today I've lost 5.5lbs!!!!!! taking me to 12st 8lb

I am thrilled :happy036:

Treated myself to a new nail polish and tonight having sweet and sour fakeaway

Good luck everyone weighing today

Well it was my first week back on plan I wrote everything down and drank 3L water most days Today I've lost 5.5lbs!!!!!! taking me to 12st 8lb

Wow!! That is a fabulous loss - well done :D

Wow! What a brilliant loss - well done :D

Hello fellow Friday weighers,

I'm new to minimins, so I hope you don't mind me joining this thread. I currently follow SW at home and weigh in every Friday morning.

1lb off for me this week which was a little disappointing as I've been on plan. I'm going to try to up my super free and have more speed foods this week to see if it helps to boost my loss for next week.

Good luck to everyone else weighing in today :) x

1lb on for me. I'm really yo-yoing at the moment. :eek:
I need to get myself sorted out

Updating late for Friday weighers - I tried to weigh on Friday but my scales said low battery and were all over the place, bought new battery on Friday afternoon and weighed in on Saturday and 1lb off, I won't weigh again for another fortnight and so won't update on here until 16th May. Hopefully next time I update I will have my 1.5 stone award :)

I'm in a rut. I do really well for 2 weeks then its time of the month and I have two weeks of cravings and one week of star week and I have huge gains for last two months both times 3.5lbs and I am totally expecting a gain this week cos not only is it star week but I'm not well and have received some bad news so I'm depending on easy option meals this week which aren't healthy. I don't want to keep repeating this pattern each month because it's going to take forever to lose my weight this way and its soooo easy to say next month will be different but when star week comes its hard and I was just wondering how people deal with star week and if you have any tricks to beating the sweet cravings. I really do want to be successful with this but right now I'm feeling a little defeated I have been ill since easter bank holiday so I just can't be bothered to cook from scratch, I'm in the middle of moving house and as I mentioned have received some bad news and all combined its effecting my eating plan and I just don't know how to get out of this rut before I put bk on all the weight I've lost up until now. If anyone could help with the star week problem id appreciate it the rest I guess will work itself out eventually.

I know the feeling. I too have good losses then totm approaches and all goes to pot despite my best efforts and motivation. I gain and then repeat the cycle again. I feel like guving up most days but remember that I lost so much weight before doing slimming world. So I know it works. I just have to figure out how I work now! If that makes any sense.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm in a rut. I do really well for 2 weeks then its time of the month and I have two weeks of cravings and one week of star week and I have huge gains for last two months both times 3.5lbs and I am totally expecting a gain this week cos not only is it star week but I'm not well and have received some bad news so I'm depending on easy option meals this week which aren't healthy. I don't want to keep repeating this pattern each month because it's going to take forever to lose my weight this way and its soooo easy to say next month will be different but when star week comes its hard and I was just wondering how people deal with star week and if you have any tricks to beating the sweet cravings. I really do want to be successful with this but right now I'm feeling a little defeated I have been ill since easter bank holiday so I just can't be bothered to cook from scratch, I'm in the middle of moving house and as I mentioned have received some bad news and all combined its effecting my eating plan and I just don't know how to get out of this rut before I put bk on all the weight I've lost up until now. If anyone could help with the star week problem id appreciate it the rest I guess will work itself out eventually.

Star weeks are difficult I know and they are yet another thing that us girls have to deal with :rolleyes: I tend to STS or gain a lb or two that week too. The only advice I can give is to minimise the damage, if you have sweet cravings try drinking a glass of water (which will help with water retention) and then have a small chocolate treat that you can syn and eat it as slowly as possible, something like a two finger kit kat or mini mars bar are easier to make last. Good luck and remember we are all here with you and we all have things we struggle with - we can beat this together xx

Darcys Mum it must be so hard to be stuck in this cycle You have a lot going on so dont be too hard on yourself for starters I think if you could try to find some time preferably during your 2 good weeks to plan for your bad weeks Even if you could cook and freeze some meals (i know you dont feel like it right now but this is for you x)
Try to make sure you fill up on good foods and then allow for your sweet treats Have some fruit and veg cut up in the fridge to snack on too Drink plenty of water
I hope this helps to spur you on in some way Good luck for the week ahead x

Thank you everyone didn't mean to bring a downer on the group just felt the need to vent after sending my message this morning I actually did prep for my evening meal as I know I'm going to be out all day so its all ready to be cooked when I get in. As for star week I think I need to limit myself...next month I'm going buy some bitesize snacksize chocolate and just put enough in the cupboard for one a day and give the rest to my dad or send them to work with my hubby anything to get rid of them and then I'll get my fix but remain within my syns then theres no temptation. We'll see how that goes next month. As for the rest like I say it will work itself out just getting fed up of feeling ill lol this started with flu on april 17th so hopefully it will be gone soon enough then I'll be back on track its just everything is an effort when you feel ill. I've had my moan now its time to get on with it but thanks again for your help words of encouragement.

You can make up pudding type things quite low syn, or even free if you use your hex. I made a key lime type thing yesterday and it's bloody lush, and free as I used my A and B. :)

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Mmmm - that sounds yummy, can you post a recipe?

I made up a batch of the lemon curd recipe from here, except I used lime.
Whisked together about 150g quark, 60g of philadelphia lightest (hexa) juice from half a lime, a teaspoon of lemon essence, a dollop of the curd and about a level tablespoon of sweetener.
In the bottom of a pudding glass I put an alpen light lemon drizzle (hexb) zapped it in the microwave for a few seconds so it crumbled. Then the quark mixture, and topped it off with a thinish layer of the lime curd....

Heavenly!
Will have to stock up on more alpen bars now lol

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Everyone ready for WI tomorrow? :eek:

Ready as I'll ever be Had a half n half week half good half bad Hoping not to gain Have done 3 success express days so that should keep me on the straight and narrow

How about you zappacat??

Back