Friday weighers

2.5lb gain.

Ok I need peoples advice. Apart from logging my weight online I'm not really using my SW online account as I get my support from you guys however I'm worried that if I come off SW online that I will stop SW altogether and as we know and can see by this weeks gain I am struggling but I really want and need to lose my weight. I attended group and I hated it and hated my consultant she was basically a glory hog and only cared about her big losers and didn't have time for the 1 and 2lbers like myself and 95% of her group. I don't know whether going back to group would be beneficial to get me out my rut, whether to keep paying for a SW online account I don't use or to go it alone (with your help and support obviously). What do you guys think?

2.5lb gain.

Ok I need peoples advice. Apart from logging my weight online I'm not really using my SW online account as I get my support from you guys however I'm worried that if I come off SW online that I will stop SW altogether and as we know and can see by this weeks gain I am struggling but I really want and need to lose my weight. I attended group and I hated it and hated my consultant she was basically a glory hog and only cared about her big losers and didn't have time for the 1 and 2lbers like myself and 95% of her group. I don't know whether going back to group would be beneficial to get me out my rut, whether to keep paying for a SW online account I don't use or to go it alone (with your help and support obviously). What do you guys think?
so sorry about you having a gain, I'm going it alone with support from the site and finding it quite easy, if you write your diary/blog and log your food honestly if you don't already then its a great help. Someone on here has a brilliant little note on their signature - dieting is hard...being over weight is hard........which hard do you want??? keep your chin up hun, also being on here stops me eating lol.....much luv x

worry over...I lost 1lb, made up with that as I really didn't want a STS...Good luck to everyone left to WI.

Good morning Friday team!

Wow, some fabulous losses this week - well done :)

I'm pleased to report that after my scales set back last week... I've lost 3lb!

Good luck to everyone else with your WIs x

Some great losses Friday team Well done

I've stayed the same this week Very slightly disappointed because I was on plan apart from the unexpected syns of my chinese last sat night but I was around 9 or 10 syns every other day
The only thing that could have caused this is I started exercise on tuesday so I reckon my muscles are hanging on to water for repair so I'll take my sts and keep on going

Heading for family meal in my brothers tonight Must find out whats on the menu I'm making a pavlova! Bound to go over syns but just calling it a flexi day and right back on it tomorrow

Have a great weekend everyone x

Some great losses Friday team Well done

I've stayed the same this week Very slightly disappointed because I was on plan apart from the unexpected syns of my chinese last sat night but I was around 9 or 10 syns every other day
The only thing that could have caused this is I started exercise on tuesday so I reckon my muscles are hanging on to water for repair so I'll take my sts and keep on going

Heading for family meal in my brothers tonight Must find out whats on the menu I'm making a pavlova! Bound to go over syns but just calling it a flexi day and right back on it tomorrow

Have a great weekend everyone x

The exercise could have definitely caused the gain - I usually STS for 2 weeks when introducing a new exercise routing before I start losing again. I think it's frustrating at times when you work out to see the scales not move or go up, but you just have to remind yourself of all of the wonderful health benefits of exercise, the difference it makes to your shape and trust that they will move again don't you.

I hope that you have a wonderful evening for your brother's birthday. I would do the same and enjoy it all :D That's the beauty of SW, it is a lifestyle change that fits in with everything and you never have to miss out or be deprived. Pavlova sounds heavenly!

Enjoy your weekend x

I've been having a think all morning and I think im going to cancel my SW online cos I honestly just use it for weigh in so pointless really. Then i think ill try going it alone with this group and go back to basics food diary etc and if I ever find my SW books from group I will sit and refresh myself. Then if I continue to struggle I may as a last resort go bk to group as I really hated it but will have to suffer it long enough to go buy my magazine as its cheaper thru group than subscription plus might try the hifi bars? Sorry duno if that's what they're called but at £2 for 4/5 bars I may not binge on them as much at totm lol I really need a good kick up the bum...

I went to a SW group a few years ago but couldn't always get to WI due to work hours. This time around I have just been on here for my WI and have joined the May/June challenges. I think the support on here is fantastic! A food diary sounds like a really good idea to keep a record of meals and your plans- people can give you feedback and support plus it may help to find patterns in your weight changes etc too.

Do you get food lists online? Could you print or save them? If you didn't fancy staying at a group you could always go along to get the books. Alternatively you could use the group for WI, magazines and to buy any HiFi bars you like and not stay for Image Therapy if that makes you feel uncomfortable. There are lots of options, and you will always have the support from Minimins too.

Well done on your 1 stone off so far too!

Let us all know what you finally decide to do (..and if you make a diary, pop a link in your sig for us to subscribe) x

Yay...well done Lisa...:D

-3lb!!!! I think that's my biggest ever loss! I'm in shock!!xx

Omg that's fantastic! You are so close to target. Congratulations, so happy for you x :winner:

2.5lb gain.

I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling. I've found the last couple of months very difficult too. I'm doing it online & do feel the site doesn't give enough support. I do however love the body magic. I love ticking off the days & weeks & walking around the different challenges. Every small amount adds up & it has really made me get up & move. Other than that I pretty much only use it for syn values & the weekly weigh in graph. Mind watching the red line move down does help. I don't like the online food diary so I've printed out a paper weekly one & I have found that's helping me out of my rut.
I wish I could attend a group but I'm very shy & work full time. I think it would really help me. Is there a different group you could go to? If you find a consultant you like I'm sure that would make a big difference.
I think the most important thing you can do is keep trying, don't give up. You've lost a stone & that's a great start. It might not happen fast but you can do it & we are all here to support you & help when we can xx

New to the forum but I'm a Friday weigher, so hope its ok to join in. I'm impressed by everyones losses and inspired too. I've been doing slimming world (online) since February and have so far had consistent losses each week, either one and a half or two pounds on average. Amazed I've not yet had a STS or gain but I've been pretty good at staying on track. I have had my last online weigh in though, as I don't feel it's worth the money so will be going it alone (though obviously will be reading up on MiniMins now I've found the site). This week was one and a half pounds off for me so I'm happy with that. :)

Eeek Hows everyone fixed for tomorrow??

I've had a lot of syns this week Over my allowance 4 out of 7 days but pulled it back the last 3 and been exercising everyday (30 day shred or some other Jillian Michaels dvd)
I've been drinking loads of water and the odd cup of green tea thrown in there too so fingers crossed I'd love a lb or 2 off but if not I'm still happy I already feel better with the exercise and can see my shoulders and chest slimmer Just waiting for the belly to catch up!!!!

Anyway best of luck to everyone tomorrow x

Hi carjam, done 100% again this week so should be a loss tomorrow, had a trying on session tonight and I'm now looking forward to wearing a dress tomorrow night that I bought a year or so ago and have never worn cos it didn't fit.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone x

Great stuff Denise You're doing brilliantly :)

Back