Friday weighers

Re: the gym. I know a few words from a stranger are never enough to change anyone's outlook, I've been there, and still am about running in the street, but I just want to say, when I see ppl at the gym, clearly at the beginning of their journey, I have the utmost admiration and respect for them. It's not easy taking that step!

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have to agree with this. I joined a new gym when it opened in April. I was so self concious at first but then I decided sod them. I'm not there for them I'm there for me! Having said that nobody has been anything but nice to me. I'm doing a kettlebell class & spinning & there are people of all shapes & sizes. The trainers have been really encouraging & I'm going to try a new class this week. Last week I managed my first sit ups for years! I was soooo proud of myself. :character00116:
Some gyms don't make you sign a contract & you can just pay a month at a time. Don't let anyone stop you doing what you need to do :grouphugg:

I love how positive these posts are. Well done on the sit ups Zappacat - that's brilliant!

When I was younger (... and lighter) and used to go to the gym, I would see people at the start of their journey working out and would think good on them and admire them for going.
I guess I just need to get my confidence back.

However, these posts have made me re-think my plans to rejoin. Rather than start going when I hit a 'magical number', I am going to give myself a date to join. This will probably be when I get back from my holiday (in September) as I have 4 birthday's and a holiday to pay out for. I'll keep working out at home in the mean time and start to work towards going back. Then, on that date I'll go regardless of my shape, size and weight and I'm going for me :whacky068::character00115:

xx

Well done Zappacat, brilliant loss and you must be well and truly smiling this morning :D
Darcy's Mummy, also a terrific loss... you're doing really well too :)
Evolet - ok, so not such a big number but considering what you've said, then a pretty good loss for you too. Yes those lbs do add up and as you say you tend to alternate between sts/1lb one week and then 3-5lbs the following, that averages out over the months, so still a very good loss.
I'm down 2lbs this week, which considering I'm just about to have my TOTM/*week, I'm surprised at but of course, happy about.
Good luck to everyone else, shall be popping in later to see how its been for you all. :cool:

Woop woop! 2lbs is fabulous! Especially as you are approaching * week. x

Thank you!

Well done to everyone on their losses this week!

I was so pleased I had to weigh myself twice and I still keep checking I've calculated it right! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

First weigh in and 6lbs off! Wooo

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Woohoo, that's a brilliant first week WI, go you! :D

Sts. Bu**er!!! Really need to up the superfree and water in this weather. Well done everybody,some fab losses this week :)

Oh no... not what you wanted but yes, up the superfree, especially the green leafy type and guzzle that water down, it really does make a difference. You'll do it next week for sure! :)

Amazing 4lb loss - well done! It sounds like you are back in the game. With that super cross trainer that lb will be off in no time. :D

Thank you and that's the hope lol. As for patterns the only pattern I have noticed is star week I gain and whatever I've gained I lose exactly the same amount the week after lol weird lol

Darcy's Mummy, also a terrific loss... you're doing really well too :)
I'm down 2lbs this week, which considering I'm just about to have my TOTM/*week, I'm surprised at but of course, happy about.

Thanks and well done on your loss.

Sts. Bu**er!!! Really need to up the superfree and water in this weather. Well done everybody,some fab losses this week :)

It may seem aggravating but just think a STS is better than a gain. I've had plenty of STS. Good luck for next week.

Great losses guys!! I'm just back from 3 weeks of holidays... not too sure what the damage is but forgot to WI this morning so will just be good this week and pick up where I left off next week. Luckily none of my clothes feel too tight or anything so fingers crossed I'll be ok and maybe even still within target range!! xx

I've just sat down with my sw book from when I started group last year. Since I measured myself at the beginning up to now and I've only lost 13lbs. I've lost 1 inch off my bust, 2 inch of my waist and 1 inch off my hips. I don't think this is too bad for nearly one stone. Anyway I've measured everything including thigh and upper arm and I'm going to measure them the 1st of each month so I can see the difference month to month along with taking my picture. I'm happy with that it could be more but it could be less too so I'm perfectly happy with it.

2lb off for me again this week - really pleased. I've got my club 10 now all I have to do is find the sticker!!

h ttp://online.slimmingworld.com/images/features/my-awards/awards/Club10.jpg - thats the url to club 10 sticker just take space out between h and t at the start

Nps enjoy your sticker. On a sort of related note how do I find out my club 10? I have sw online and it shows me where my club 10 is on a chart hut doesn't actually say anywhere what it is. Would be nice to know.

Nps enjoy your sticker. On a sort of related note how do I find out my club 10? I have sw online and it shows me where my club 10 is on a chart hut doesn't actually say anywhere what it is. Would be nice to know.

Just take your start weight in pounds and work out 10% of that, once you have lost that you have your club 10 :) It all stems from the fact that losing 10% of your body weight is supposed to give all sorts of health benefits.

Approximately 20st 3lbs is my Club 10 then. Good to know another goal to reach I was just kind of going blind and waiting for SW online to tell me when I got there lol. So I'm looking another 33lbs before Club 10 so at 2lb a week I could hit club 10 by Halloween. Cool there's another mini goal to add to the list.

Back