Friday weighers

Sorry can't help with the body magic, will ask my mum though, she's a bit more up to date than me (probably because she walks about 6 miles every day!) how's everyone's week been? I've struggled to keep to plan but have managed, just! Have my sister in law staying with us and her daughter, who's 2, so when I did the weekly shop couldn't really avoid getting treats in as didn't think it was fair that they all stuck to slimming world all week. Also was at a christening Sunday and they only had curry etc as food, so got my husband to get my food so I wouldn't be tempted to put all the bad stuff on my plate (samosas etc!) he did well, got me boiled rice, salad no dressing and a small spoonful of curry which was tomato based so hopefully wouldn't have been too bad. Someone at the christening made a comment which upset me a bit, basically my baby boy is teething and i was saying he basically just puts everything he can get his hands on straight in his mouth, and this woman turned round and said just like his mum! I was a bit taken aback especially considering she'd just helped herself to a second portion of cake! Just made me even more determined to stick to it x

What a horrible woman she must be!!! Weight can and will be lost but she will always be an ignorant,bad mannered loudmouth. Keep at it hun :) xx

Hi peeps I was wondering if I could pick your brains. Me and the hubby are having a movie night on Saturday and I'm looking for snacks I was trying to keep it cinema related popcorn, nachos, hotdogs etc but all but popcorn are ridiculously synd. So anybody got any ideas how to reduce syns on those mentioned or any film snacking ideas? I'm happy with fruit and so forth but if I do that hubby will reach for biscuits and chocolate and I'll just sit there resenting him because even though I don't want them it's cruel to tease me. I had an idea of a home cooked KFC but it was going to cost 31 syns and I'd totally worked it out syn wise cutting back from today till Saturday then I thought no. Yeah it would be lovely to have some greasy chicken wings and thighs yum yum but would I just be giving myself a taster and kick starting an endless desire for fatty foods...so I'm now trying to find a smarter alternative. So any ideas?

I think grapes are a great idea for snacking at the cinema, also I save my syns for the day and have a milky way or curlywurly so I don't feel deprived not having chocolate. But in my experience, once the lights go down and you are into the film you don't really notice what you are eating as long as you have something handy to pick at ( I hate popcorn anyway!)

I think grapes are a great idea for snacking at the cinema, also I save my syns for the day and have a milky way or curlywurly so I don't feel deprived not having chocolate. But in my experience, once the lights go down and you are into the film you don't really notice what you are eating as long as you have something handy to pick at ( I hate popcorn anyway!)

I'm not a popcorn fan either love the smell just not the taste lol and I read somewhere about freezing curly wurlys so you have to take your time eating them...so might try that.

Sorry to keep messaging on here I can imagine how annoying I'm getting but if I'm going to do it I'm going to do it right and sometimes I need help.

My mum brought me a Muller fruitopolis to try and I used the syns calculator on SW website and worked it out to be 3.5 syns just put it in syns online and it's come up as 0.5 syn.

Does this mean everything I'm calculating on syns calculator is wrong? I put info in as it reads on back of a packet but as you read above it was out by 3.

Hi Everyone,
Wonder if I can join in this thread as I weigh every fri. I don't go to class as I know I am able to do it alone because I lost over 2 stone 5 yrs ago,sadly tho I gradually put it all back on so recently got into the zone for losing the weight again.
Started following plan 11.4.14 at 12 stone 10lb and am down to 11 stone. My target is around 10 stone.
Looking forward to encouraging others and getting some encouragement myself ?

Hi Everyone,
Wonder if I can join in this thread as I weigh every fri. I don't go to class as I know I am able to do it alone because I lost over 2 stone 5 yrs ago,sadly tho I gradually put it all back on so recently got into the zone for losing the weight again.
Started following plan 11.4.14 at 12 stone 10lb and am down to 11 stone. My target is around 10 stone.
Looking forward to encouraging others and getting some encouragement myself ?

Hi welcome I'm also doing it from home however my journeys going to be a bit longer than yours. Congratulations on your loss so far.

How is everybody feeling about tomorrows weigh in??

I'm not a popcorn fan either love the smell just not the taste lol and I read somewhere about freezing curly wurlys so you have to take your time eating them...so might try that.
Just mind your teeth on said curly wurly i broke my tooth years ago biting one lol. Its still broken.

Just mind your teeth on said curly wurly i broke my tooth years ago biting one lol. Its still broken.

Thanks for the warning I will be very careful with them lol

Morning :) After a wobble recently I'm back on track this week. Not expecting a miracle but I'm hopeful for a loss however small,just to help me on my way :) Think I need to up my fluid intake today xx

Glad you're back on track and I hope you get the loss you're hoping for. Fingers crossed for you.

Sorry to keep messaging on here I can imagine how annoying I'm getting but if I'm going to do it I'm going to do it right and sometimes I need help. My mum brought me a Muller fruitopolis to try and I used the syns calculator on SW website and worked it out to be 3.5 syns just put it in syns online and it's come up as 0.5 syn. Does this mean everything I'm calculating on syns calculator is wrong? I put info in as it reads on back of a packet but as you read above it was out by 3.

Try making your own popcorn and do you have the fakeaways book? They have a great SW recipe for KFC chicken.

The syn calculator I don't think takes into account the free foods side or something so just go by what "syns online" says rather than the calculator.

Good luck tomorrow I maintained last week and yesterday was mums birthday so had a cherry bakewell, plus I accidentally froze my salad for lunch so ended up with shop bought sandwich and THEN my pre cooked jacket potatoes had gone rotten (in the fridge, cooked Sunday) so had spaghetti hoops on Warburtons seeded batch. I had an awful shift so it could of been a lot worst but still...

I dont have the fake away book :( I will buy them I swear

Ok just found the recipe on here...I would count the bread as HEX B right? I may give this a try thx for the help.

Ok just found the recipe on here...I would count the bread as HEX B right? I may give this a try thx for the help.
Yea if you use Wholemeal 400g loaf it counts as a HEX B if you wanted to use a white slice from 800g I don't think it would be too many syns, it's entirely up to you :)

I will give it a go lol

Feeling awful for tomorrow. Have had a really bad week due to my severe depression (every now and again it kicks in for a couple of days and I literally do not give a f**k about anything!) Have eaten everything I could get my hands on and have only been able to start food optimising again from today. Expecting a big gain, however I have to walk to group tomorrow which is 2 miles there and 2 miles back so a good body magic start to next week. There isn't much I can do about those days when they hit me so I just have to be optimistic and put it behind me.

Oh dear rosie im sorry you've had a bad week. But remember once you've stepped off those scales its a brand new week. If it helps I was off plan for 10 weeks only gained 6lbs and I was eating takeaways and the lot. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow and I hope it isn't as bad as you think.

Same as last week for me positive I won't gain but not sure I'll lose. Nothing to do with the food I've been eating as I've been 100% on plan but I think I've pushed my luck with my losses over last 2 weeks so I've prepared myself for a small loss or sts. Would love 3-4lbs 3 for stone and half award 4 because it will take me to my next weight bracket but it might take me 2 weeks to get there. We'll see roll on 6am lol

Back