Friday weighers

Hoping I'll have a loss but prob small as I've consistently lost 1lb per week with a couple of 2lbs and 3lbs once. I'll be happy with a lb tho ?
Roll on tomorrow!!

Good luck for tomorrow everyone. Here's hoping for another fab week like last week x :)

Not happy this week. A 1lb gain.

I swear on my daughters life I have been 100% on plan and way under my syn allowance and I have been on the cross trainer 10-15 minutes a day and I've gained 1lb. I had prepared myself for a small loss or STS because I've had two big losses but a gain is different a gain means I've made a mistake somewhere and I hand on heart don't believe I have. Pissed off this week I just don't understand why I've gained there's no reason for it. Suppose this is just my first test back on SW but tbh I'm feeling defeated I'm feeling like I've done everything right and still gain so what's the point?

:(

Hugs to you Darcy's mummy. Horrible feeling to gain but not know why. Maybe you could up your syns as that could help losses,also where are you in your menstrual cycle as I find that affects my losses too. Don't let it get you down..... Keep going!!
I'm weighing in a while as still laying in bed ?

I agree with Cloudy Darcys Mummy. It's probably a bit of water retention because of the heat or maybe hormones if it's getting near that time of the month. Stick with it you'll get a great result next week to make up for it :grouphugg:

Hugs to you Darcy's mummy. Horrible feeling to gain but not know why. Maybe you could up your syns as that could help losses,also where are you in your menstrual cycle as I find that affects my losses too. Don't let it get you down..... Keep going!!
I'm weighing in a while as still laying in bed ?

I've heard people say they weigh heavier when they change their exercise routine but would have thought that would have happened last week if it was going to happen.

Syns I've only been under 10 once this week and I am making a huge effort with them because I didn't use them at all at one point.

My cycle not sure as im irregular but I'm hoping that or the exercise is the cause for my gain...

I rechecked my food diary and thats not the issue ive had plenty of fruit and veg, water...everythings been prepared correctly so I know its not the food. Just have to continue as normal and see what happens next week if same happens I'll have to consider a group so I can talk this over with a consultant. Nothing I can do till next friday now.

I agree with Cloudy Darcys Mummy. It's probably a bit of water retention because of the heat or maybe hormones if it's getting near that time of the month. Stick with it you'll get a great result next week to make up for it :grouphugg:

So stupid if I'd have lost half a pound or sts I wouldn't be bothered but gaining and not knowing why is frustrating. And I put my weight into sw online and it was just like my 1st consultant saying I must be doing something wrong and try and identify my mistakes...there are no mistakes hand on heart I have been on plan and my food diaries online for anyone to see if you want to see if I'm doing something wrong but I know I'm not. Argh! Onwards and downwards.

STS for me which is also puzzling as I have been 100% all week and I didn't even have my usual treat day at the weekend :confused: Oh well! I do feel quite heavy in my legs and I wonder if I am retaining water, as I have a problem with my circulation and the weather is so hot it is a possibility but I don't want to make excuses. It's a new week now - onwards and downwards (hopefully) Oh and hugs to you Darcys Mummy :hug99:

STS for me which is also puzzling as I have been 100% all week and I didn't even have my usual treat day at the weekend :confused: Oh well! I do feel quite heavy in my legs and I wonder if I am retaining water, as I have a problem with my circulation and the weather is so hot it is a possibility but I don't want to make excuses. It's a new week now - onwards and downwards (hopefully) Oh and hugs to you Darcys Mummy :hug99:

Thanks for the hugs they're much needed this morning. Glad I'm not alone in it this week and you're in the same boat gives me a little faith that it is something to do with weather, hormones etc. Another week and we'll know.

Very quick post as electrician here any min and i have to move stuff in the garage. 1lb off here. Good luck all.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Congrats on your loss!

I had a quick nosey through your food diary Darcy and would make the following suggestions;

- More superfree! Make sure at least 1/3 of every meal is superfree fruit and veg. Try and incorporate it into the meal rather than having a bowl of fruit after for example as the idea is that the SF foods will fill you so you eat less of the other food.

- Mix up your meals a bit more... I notice that you have weetabix and banana for breakfast a lot, could you try having a different breakfast each day? Maybe go easy on the bananas and have some berries instead, the frozen berries are a lot cheaper to buy than fresh if that helps.

Apart from that, just make sure you're using 10-15 syns daily and you're weighing all your foods that are healthy extras/syns. You've still lost 8lb in 3 weeks which is fantastic! xx

I had a quick nosey through your food diary Darcy and would make the following suggestions;

- More superfree! Make sure at least 1/3 of every meal is superfree fruit and veg. Try and incorporate it into the meal rather than having a bowl of fruit after for example as the idea is that the SF foods will fill you so you eat less of the other food.

- Mix up your meals a bit more... I notice that you have weetabix and banana for breakfast a lot, could you try having a different breakfast each day? Maybe go easy on the bananas and have some berries instead, the frozen berries are a lot cheaper to buy than fresh if that helps.

Apart from that, just make sure you're using 10-15 syns daily and you're weighing all your foods that are healthy extras/syns. You've still lost 8lb in 3 weeks which is fantastic! xx

I have more superfree than anything else if anything I have too much of that...don't know if that can hinder the weight loss.

As for breakfast I know I have the same thing but I like my cereal and I have tried different breakfasts I've tried oats, I've tried yogurt and fruit, I've tried full English and others the only thing that fills me is the full English the others I always find myself hungry midmorning whereas I don't with Weetabix and bananas. It's an endless battle and I have had this convo before about too much of the same thing being a hindrance but I just cannot find anything else that I enjoy and that fills me and I don't want to be having a full English every morning the thought just makes me sick lol. My only other option is to have a later breakfast and use the options that don't fill me so instead of having essentially 2 breakfasts work it so that when I fall hungry again it is actually dinnertime.

And the syns I swear I'm working on them lol - I am eating things that I don't usually just to use up my syns...I really am I trying with them lol.

I will take your notes on board and just be more cautious of what I'm eating and I think I may have to differ my meals this week to my hubbys because he's very much set in his ways.

Ok just out of curiosity. I have just been told on another thread by someone that she loses more when she meets her syn allowance.

What is your opinion? Do you find you lose more when you meet your allowance? Do you find you lose more when you don't use them? Do you use some but not all and still lose at a steady pace?

Opinions please.

Ok just out of curiosity. I have just been told on another thread by someone that she loses more when she meets her syn allowance.

What is your opinion? Do you find you lose more when you meet your allowance? Do you find you lose more when you don't use them? Do you use some but not all and still lose at a steady pace?

Opinions please.

When I use between 12 and 15 a day my losses are much bigger than the weeks I don't use much. It does vary with people though, it's really what your body decides. Having the recommended amount is part of the plan though x

Darcys Mummy - I was wondering about this too, I normally have 10-12 syns a day during the week and 15 - 20 on a Saturday and I've lost weight fairly consistently, but this week because it's been so hot I haven't been hungry and my syns have been more like 5-7 a day. Perhaps this along with the heat is why I haven't lost and you've gained a lb. Seems crazy to think that by eating more you loose more weight, but the evidence does seem to be there to support it :confused:

Back