Friday weighers

Jo sorry to hear about your car. Makes you so mad that you work hard for everything you've got and then some idiot comes along and steals rather than earning their own money.
Well I put 1/2lb on! Apart from my normal friday night cheat night I have been so good this week. The annoying thing is I feel thinner this week, just the scales don't agree with me! Oh well will just have to plod along. Just tried my goal jeans on, they fasten,ok with some rather large muffin tops but I can get them on, at the beginning I couldn't even get them over my bum, so I'm focusing on that rather than the scales!
This is my first gain and to be honest I'm a bit annoyed but not defeated like I thought I would be. As jo says onwards and downwards! x

Sorry about your gain I'm sure that and more will be off next week but congratulations on the jeans...so satisfying to fit in something that at one time wudnt fit.

So sorry about your car Jo - the people who do these things don't know/care the problems they cause :(

My hubby had to miss work so we're down a days pay and its cost best part of £200 today to fix it all...its money we dont have and its coming up to my daughters birthday thankfully I'm well prepared and her presents are bought and wrapped but this may mean we can't go out somewhere for the day depends what work my hubby does from now till then and boiler started leaking other day lol so all in all a good week

I understand how you feel, I've STS for two weeks and gained a pound this week. It is frustrating particularly when you know you have made all the right choices. Sometimes our bodies seem to resist all our efforts to lose weight regardless of what we do. Sometimes it's due to hormones, water retention etc. but often there is no explanation. I'm sure you will lose next week, I'm contemplating taking a two week holiday (I'm away from the 18th anyway for a week) maybe when I get back to it it will kick start things - who knows?

I think you're right Mandy. Doing something different can kick start our metabolism. Take the 2 wk break & come back fresh, rested & kick butt! ;)

Question for Stef - purely for the reason she has body magics in her signature lol but EVERYONE can answer lol.

For platinum I know you have to do 2 gold awards but (here's hoping I don't confuse you) does the gold you do in order to earn your gold count or do you do the gold one then do two more gold ones (so total of 3 lol) in order to get platinum. Ok that makes sense to me but I'm used to my crazy lol hope it does to you.

Your first gold counts towards the Platinum. So yes 2 golds but they have to be back to back, no gaps x

Your first gold counts towards the Platinum. So yes 2 golds but they have to be back to back, no gaps x

Ty hun just trying to figure when ill have it done

Now I have a dilemma...my hubby starts his new job tomorrow yay! But it means he is going to be leaving at 6am so on friday my choice is to get up at 5:30am to go get weighed, or weigh in Thursday night. I know there are SW groups at night but I'm wondering if its going to make a difference getting weighed 12 hours earlier and at the end of the day rather than the beginning because I've got it going against me this week as it is cos totm is still here and still heavy. The only other option I have is to buy scales for my home...I hate this idea because like I have previously mentioned my mums are 7lb out I don't want to buy them and step on them on Friday and be 7lbs heavier because I know I will take it badly. Argh what do I do?

I don't know the answer Jo but I know I weigh 2 or 3lb more when I come home after work than before I go. So if you change from morning to night it's probably going to make a difference & you'll need to take that into account. The next week will then show your loses again. Difficult :(

I think if it were me Jo, I'd get up early and go get weighed but also buy myself some scales.... then straight after (or before) weigh in at group, compare with what the scales at home say. That way you can adjust up/down as need be. Ideally you'd have two or three weeks to compare but it would give you more confidence in home scales.
As Stef says, I weigh at least a couple of pounds heavier in the evening than first thing in the morning. As I only weigh at home, I've always gone for early morning, without clothes lol, to give me the best chance of showing losses.

Whatever you decide, you KNOW you've had a good week, so dont' let it put you off if there is a difference, it'll even out over the next couple of weeks, just try to stick to the same time once you've decided.

Oh and Good Luck to your hubby for his first day in his new job - hope all goes well for him. :)

I think if it were me Jo, I'd get up early and go get weighed but also buy myself some scales.... then straight after (or before) weigh in at group, compare with what the scales at home say. That way you can adjust up/down as need be. Ideally you'd have two or three weeks to compare but it would give you more confidence in home scales.
As Stef says, I weigh at least a couple of pounds heavier in the evening than first thing in the morning. As I only weigh at home, I've always gone for early morning, without clothes lol, to give me the best chance of showing losses.

Whatever you decide, you KNOW you've had a good week, so dont' let it put you off if there is a difference, it'll even out over the next couple of weeks, just try to stick to the same time once you've decided.

Oh and Good Luck to your hubby for his first day in his new job - hope all goes well for him. :)

I like the idea of comparing scales I usually use n scales at home very good idea. Ok so 5:30am on friday lol not looking forward to that but its a one off. Thanks guys you've been so helpful. xx

Morning everyone. How are we feeling about weigh in this week? I would dearly like 2lb as I am only 4lb away from my next award & that would be fantastic to achieve by the end of the month. Realistically I think 1lb is more likely but I'm trying to think positive this week, power of positive thinking and all that lol :)

I'm really hoping for at least 2lb off after my 1/2lb gain last week. Have managed to avoid the alcohol, went in to work yesterday for a keep in touch day (on maternity until nov) and they ordered cakes and I declined, sat there with my banana and low fat supernoodles! Even called into the shop on the way home whilst I was starving and just picked up some fruit and diet coke, so if I don't lose this week I'll be fuming. I feel thinner this week but I did last week and gained. Good luck everyone x

Morning everyone. How are we feeling about weigh in this week? I would dearly like 2lb as I am only 4lb away from my next award & that would be fantastic to achieve by the end of the month. Realistically I think 1lb is more likely but I'm trying to think positive this week, power of positive thinking and all that lol :)

Power of positive thinking...I like that and may try it lol

I'm cautiously optimistic lol. TOTM is messing me around - due four days ago and have had the bloat but nothing much happening. It 'could' be the beginning of the end... or just my body playing silly beggars. We'll see. :rolleyes:

Tell me about it been feeling rotten for 3 weeks totm finally arrived last Thursday. And I don't know when it effects my weight because I gained the week I started to feel the on set of totm and then next week lost 3 then last week had just started and lost 1lb so I am totally confused lol.

I'm really hoping for at least 2lb off after my 1/2lb gain last week. Have managed to avoid the alcohol, went in to work yesterday for a keep in touch day (on maternity until nov) and they ordered cakes and I declined, sat there with my banana and low fat supernoodles! Even called into the shop on the way home whilst I was starving and just picked up some fruit and diet coke, so if I don't lose this week I'll be fuming. I feel thinner this week but I did last week and gained. Good luck everyone x

I really hope you lose but should you gain or STS don't let it get you down like I did the loss will come sometimes just doesn't come when you want it lol.

As for me this week; I have again been 100% on plan and have been doing my cross trainer and bingo wing exercises daily. As just mentioned totm showed its ugly head last Thursday we're now on Wednesday and it hasn't eased up and like I also just mentioned I'm not sure when it will effect my weight...so it's a matter of wait and see. I don't know whether to be optimistic or pessimistic going into WI any loss will be great though. I had hoped I would exceed my 14lb target by 22nd August but as things are right now I will be happy to reach 14lbs I am currently at 12lbs with 2 more weigh ins. So fingers crossed.

Just curious if anyone knows the answer. Do you think I would be able to go to group to buy the SW cookbooks and some hifi bars even if I'm not a member? I am a SW member just online but online doesn't sell hifi bars and its easier for me to go the 2 minutes down the road than to wait in for the delivery lol.

Not feeling great. Had a fab but ott weekend for my daughters birthday..bbq and alcohol. Oopsie. As a favour to my manager I started at a new site on Monday providing cover and so far I hate it. Been getting home and eating crap,washed down with a few beers. Stress upsets my bowel habits and I'm bunged,bloated and uncomfortable. And I'm there for a month. Sorry for moaning but just not happy right now :-(

Good luck for tomorrow everybody :)

Not feeling great. Had a fab but ott weekend for my daughters birthday..bbq and alcohol. Oopsie. As a favour to my manager I started at a new site on Monday providing cover and so far I hate it. Been getting home and eating crap,washed down with a few beers. Stress upsets my bowel habits and I'm bunged,bloated and uncomfortable. And I'm there for a month. Sorry for moaning but just not happy right now :-(
Sorry to hear that work isn't good. It's awful having to do something we don't like. Hopefully it will get better after a few days. Fingers crossed for tomorrow x :)

Oh dear sorry you're finding things difficult atm I hope you can settle and rectify your problems at works etc. Hope weigh in isn't as horrible as you think it's going to be. Good luck.

Back