Friday weighers

2lbs off for me this week.

Jo - I don't know you and have just skimmed through your posts on here. You are accessing all the right support and you should be very proud of the way you're dealing with this.

Congratulations on your loss and thank you

By an absolute miracle....I have managed to maintain.

Since last Thursday (as I weighed in a day early) I have had burger and chips from Eds Diner including one of their delish shakes, a pub lunch, a Chinese takeaway and an Indian takeaway, plus birthday cake plus alcohol. I have NO idea how I've maintained...I completely deserved a gain. So I am really happy with my maintain.

I've gained a pound :confused: I STS for a couple of weeks and now this has happened. Not sure what's going on. I've missed TOTM completely now and am now due again so who knows. I'm going to take the weekend off SW and see how I feel on Monday. It's hard to stay motivated when you are on plan and maintain, but to be on plan and gain is extremely annoying :mad:

Well done on the losses. A maintain is really good Jo, hope your starting to feel better about everything. I only lost 1/2lb. A bit disappointed as had a sts last week, however I am due star week to start tomorrow so I'm hoping that might have something to do with it. X

Well done Jo :)
My 2wks in America has meant a 4lb gain for me but it was worth it. I will be doing my best to get it back off as quickly as possible.
Well done to everyone on their losses and sts, good luck to those still to weigh in :)

I've gained a pound :confused: I STS for a couple of weeks and now this has happened. Not sure what's going on. I've missed TOTM completely now and am now due again so who knows. I'm going to take the weekend off SW and see how I feel on Monday. It's hard to stay motivated when you are on plan and maintain, but to be on plan and gain is extremely annoying :mad:

I don't know what to say, not surprised you're mad. I'm sure it's linked to your totm and once that happens hopefully you'll be back to losing again. Have a good relaxing weekend and start fresh on Monday, it will do you good x

Just a 1lb this morning, losses seem to be slowing down now but a lb a week till xmas will be 10lb lighter....

Well done on the losses those who have lost

Mandy, I know how you feel when you do the plan 100% and it doesn't reflect on the scales....

It sounds like you're stalling to me - I don't know how you do the plan (EE, more green, more reds?) but have you had a think about having a switchy week just to give your body a jolt, or maybe a couple of days of success express? (I love success express and wish I could do that all the time! I actually eat MORE doing that plan :rolleyes:)

By an absolute miracle....I have managed to maintain.

Since last Thursday (as I weighed in a day early) I have had burger and chips from Eds Diner including one of their delish shakes, a pub lunch, a Chinese takeaway and an Indian takeaway, plus birthday cake plus alcohol. I have NO idea how I've maintained...I completely deserved a gain. So I am really happy with my maintain.

Probably all the stress calories you've burned have counteracted the food intake! Just accept the loss and be grateful, but don't worry about that side of things too much at the moment. Although possibly keeping control of your food will help you feel like you ARE in control of something, obviously if that is how you are, all the better. For me, when I'm overstressed I eat more and then get cross with myself.

I really hope things start to get better for you Jo, I can't imagine how unhappy you must have been in the last couple of weeks. How is your little girl, is she affected by it that much or is she, mercifully, too young to really take it in?
Accept any help you can get, in whatever form it takes, to take the pressure off even if just a bit and try and timetable in some YOU time. Daft as that may sound considering the circumstances, I mean try each day to do something nice, JUST for you, even if its only 20mins soak in the bath or reading before bed. I reckon by Christmas, you'll have turned things around and be well on your way to a trimmer New Year - which can be YOUR year :)

I liked your post but I don't really, if you get what I mean. I SO understand how you're feeling. As you know I had a similar few weeks and still don't feel like I'm having the losses I was before, eating the same way but am at least grateful I've not given up. I'm sure your lack of totm is having an effect but there doesn't seem to be an answer, just waiting it out. That's hard when you are trying to stay focussed. All I can suggest is really upping your water intake and also increasing your superfree. I eat a lot of raw veg and salad and that makes me feel fuller and more satisfied for longer. You could try some speed soup (but be prepared for a windy tum lol!!) and see if that kickstarts you losing again.
Hugs to you, wish there was some magic way of sorting it out. No doubt I'll be moaning about totm again soon, even when its late, it seems to affect our weight. :(

I liked your post but I don't really, if you get what I mean. I SO understand how you're feeling. As you know I had a similar few weeks and still don't feel like I'm having the losses I was before, eating the same way but am at least grateful I've not given up. I'm sure your lack of totm is having an effect but there doesn't seem to be an answer, just waiting it out. That's hard when you are trying to stay focussed. All I can suggest is really upping your water intake and also increasing your superfree. I eat a lot of raw veg and salad and that makes me feel fuller and more satisfied for longer. You could try some speed soup (but be prepared for a windy tum lol!!) and see if that kickstarts you losing again.
Hugs to you, wish there was some magic way of sorting it out. No doubt I'll be moaning about totm again soon, even when its late, it seems to affect our weight. :(

Thanks Cloudy - you are such a nice lady xx I'm not going to worry over the weekend, I won't go mad and eat everything I shouldn't, but I will relax things a bit. Then I'll take up some of your suggestions and see if they help.

I'm out for a meal tomorrow do I'll be relaxing the SW rules then back on it on Sunday but with a nice Sunday breakfast and then a SW friendly chicken roast dinner it won't feel too much of a hardship.
Just wish your totm would turn up, or even better, both of ours would go away completely! Have a smashing weekend hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I'm out for a meal tomorrow do I'll be relaxing the SW rules then back on it on Sunday but with a nice Sunday breakfast and then a SW friendly chicken roast dinner it won't feel too much of a hardship.
Just wish your totm would turn up, or even better, both of ours would go away completely! Have a smashing weekend hun xx

Yep - I wish TOTM would go for good too - I've been having it for 39 years, even when I was pregnant I had bleeds :rolleyes: I think enough is enough!!

Yep - I wish TOTM would go for good too - I've been having it for 39 years, even when I was pregnant I had bleeds :rolleyes: I think enough is enough!!

Gosh, same here.... re bleeding during both of my pregnancies. No rest from it, hardly at all. Definitely agree enough is enough!

How did it go over the weekend hun? xx

Gosh, same here.... re bleeding during both of my pregnancies. No rest from it, hardly at all. Definitely agree enough is enough!

How did it go over the weekend hun? xx

I reckon we are twins!! So much in common :eek: the weekend went ok thanks hun, I didn't over indulge and I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning and things aren't looking too bad, so fingers crossed for Friday WI xx

Hmm just another 0.5 off here, I know that's better than a gain but it's so slow. I've been on an so it must just be my body. Could poss be pre totm but doubt it, not due for another week and has been late for last couple.
I shall not despair, just keep plodding on.

Good luck to all our dwindling Friday weighers, seems to be rather quiet in here lately :( x

Jo, if you happen to look in, I'm thinking about you hun and hoping you're holding up ok. Hugs hunni xxx

Thanks hun things are no better in fact didn't think it was possible but they've got worse. Just have to persevere.

I've been on the scales about half a dozen times this morning and each time the readings been different. I've lost 1lb, then 2lb then 1/2lb...so I'm going to settle for 1lb this week I may have lost less I may have lost more but I've decided I've lost 1lb...which I'm satisfied with and expected as I got away with murder last week. I WILL be on plan 100% this week because I'm 3lb off my 3.5st award and 3.5lb off my new stone bracket...I want my 4st for Xmas so determined now to get 3.5st and new stone bracket within the next 2 weeks.

Back