Friday weighers

Great result :) I've been hunting out soup recipes - seems the weather for it! I was having soup and smash scones for lunches last week, which seems to work well for me so sticking with that but mixing up soup types to hopefully not get bored xD I don't think I could do EESP I love my carbs too much xD

I love my carbs too! Hence I may just do the odd day here and there. How do you make the smash scones? They sound interesting!

Some people class them as a tweak as they aren't 100% officially sanctioned by sw, but I usually have them with a meal so don't bother synning xD

Smash Scones

300g non-fat cottage cheese
2 eggs
100g Smash/any instant mash
salt & pepper to season
Frylight (to spray baking tray)

Method
* Preheat oven - I have a fan oven and usually put them on about 180.
* Put the cottage cheese and eggs in a blender with seasoning, blitz until the cottage cheese is smooth and its well combined - I generally use a mixing bowl and hand blender as its easier to add the smash
* Add the smash, its best to add about half then mix in, before adding the rest. Mix until you get a doughlike consistency. Depending on the size of the eggs, you might need to add a little bit more smash or a little bit of water to get the right consistency.
* Form into scone shapes - this mix usually makes about 8 scones, but they keep well for a few days in an airtight tub.
* Spray a baking tray with Frylight, and place the scones on it and stick in oven - they normally take about 25mins in my oven, but this varies a little bit.

You can make variations too, for example add chilli flakes to the mix, or chopped onion etc - anything you like really, although 'wet' stuff like onions will extend the cooking time by about 5mins.

Ooohhh... I will have to pick up some smash when we go hopping in a bit and try these! Thanks chick :) I'm unsure why they would be classed a tweak though?..lol.. Not that I'm fussed :)

No WI for me this week due to personal circumstances I really don't want to look at the scales right now but back on it today so WI next week. Congratulations to all losses and maintains.

Congratulations Summer. Could you not find the stickers on here and put one on anyway.

Well done everyone on the great losses so far today and best of luck to everyone still to weigh!
I was 2lbs down today, delighted! That's my stone award in the bag! (Well, an imaginary stone award as I'm doing SW from home! :character00238: )

wow that's great and ur halfway to target too - well done! xx

No WI for me this week due to personal circumstances I really don't want to look at the scales right now but back on it today so WI next week. Congratulations to all losses and maintains.

well done for getting back on plan and posting - think Minis is a real bonus for us when we've been struggling xx

Not to be concerned about Linda. Just do what you can

but there's where I'm going wrong Doreen - just doing what I can (or feel like) Time to do what I shd be doing - losing weight - I restart (again) 2moro!xx

1.5lb off for me - lucky as the start of the week didn't go well - so been on low rations since! Hope everyone is pleased with their progress - if not there's always next week! xx

Hiya Friday Weighers..

STS for me this week...knew it was coming though I guess after the blips this week and * week around the corner.

So back to planning, looking for new recipes and so on and plan/hope for better next week :)

3lbs off for me.,

Relised wed my portions were getting bigger and had put on so had 2 very low days like upndown. It worked.

Last edited:
Wow Friday gang doing so well

Looking at my book I have made a pigs ear of the losses I have given. So sorry

wk1 -1/2. wk2 -2. wk3 +1, wk4 -2, wk5 -3.

Don`t worry to much when you updating if it creates a problem.. There is always next month

Last edited:
Not weighing this week as I've been poked and prodded having various tests and had an upset stomach so have just had what I fancied, but still made good choices.
Slowly learning new habits it seems.

3lbs off for me.,

Relised wed my portions were getting bigger and had put on so had 2 very low days like upndown. It worked.

Great result Doreen!xx

Back