From 14 stone to 13 stone

Thanks. i tend to work on lbs now rather than stone, far more accurate on the scales, but still not convinced its the right figures. Most scales only go from zero to 9, so in effect, 0.6 isnt 6 oz's, its 6 tenths, so 9.6 oz's. In that equation i am even closer to 14 st than i declare. lol. Perhaps im a little to obsessed with this? haha.

I shall just be happy to get to 192.5 lbs, then i am past my club 10 mark, stone and a half loss, and almost half way.

Yeah my scales only do kg's or lbs, in fact it was hard enough to find one that did pounds at all, but I think they are pretty accurate they measure in .2lbs so I will always be an even number but I'm not too worried about that as long as the general trend is down I'll keep smiling, my lowest this year on JUDDD was 193 so I'll be super chuffed to see that on the scales again and know I did it eating sensibly every day.

Looks like I'm not out of here yet :-( gained 2.5lbs last night after having a dreadful week but I'm goin to draw a line under it and hopefully have a good loss next week

A good week will see that off and more, sorry you had such a bad week, but well done at drawing the line xx

I've just started this diet again - 13st 7lb - i'm never successful as I think portion size is my issue - not cheating - i stick to the allowed foods - I just eat so much x

I've just started this diet again - 13st 7lb - i'm never successful as I think portion size is my issue - not cheating - i stick to the allowed foods - I just eat so much x

i always thought that, but i eat large portions and im still losing. Maybe its loading the plate with veg and fruit that is helping me? Not sure.

I love the diet - it doesnt feel like I'm actually dieting - though the scales don't move ..... i'm thinking of investing in some electronic scales :)

I love the diet - it doesnt feel like I'm actually dieting - though the scales don't move ..... i'm thinking of investing in some electronic scales :)

haha, dont talk to me about scales, i even put something in my blog about that. its a nightmare. As is calculating. Do You take 1 stone as being 14 lbs, or 0.0714 stones to a lb? Slightly different results. I gave up, just stick to the 14 lb to a stone rule now.

14lb is a stone - I try to keep it simple :)

Indeed, but for those that like to include oz's, You need to do it the other way. And then, Your digital scales will say something like "193.2 lbs". But that's not 2 oz's on the end, oh no. The scales don't count to 0.15, so its actually 2 tenths, or 3.2 oz's.

Hello???????

Are You still here??????

:8855:

Hi All I joined at the beginning of the year but lost my motivation big time and ended up heavier than my original start weight! Decided enough was enough when I got on the scales and weighed nearly 15 stone! :eek::eek:
I tried calorie counting for a few weeks and lost about 4lbs, but I was starving so decided to give SW another go. I haven't joined group yet as I'm moving out of the area in a few weeks and I can't afford the online subscription so trying to do it from memory. I can't be doing too badly though, my 'official' WI is Thursday evening, but a sneaky peek at the scales this morning shows a loss of 1.5lb so far! I'm hoping my visit in this thread is going to be short and sweet and that I'll be seeing you in the 13st-12st thread in the near future! :)

Indeed, but for those that like to include oz's, You need to do it the other way. And then, Your digital scales will say something like "193.2 lbs". But that's not 2 oz's on the end, oh no. The scales don't count to 0.15, so its actually 2 tenths, or 3.2 oz's.

Hello???????

Are You still here??????

:8855:
hahahaha - yup you lost me !!!!!!!

Hi All I joined at the beginning of the year but lost my motivation big time and ended up heavier than my original start weight! Decided enough was enough when I got on the scales and weighed nearly 15 stone! :eek::eek:
I tried calorie counting for a few weeks and lost about 4lbs, but I was starving so decided to give SW another go. I haven't joined group yet as I'm moving out of the area in a few weeks and I can't afford the online subscription so trying to do it from memory. I can't be doing too badly though, my 'official' WI is Thursday evening, but a sneaky peek at the scales this morning shows a loss of 1.5lb so far! I'm hoping my visit in this thread is going to be short and sweet and that I'll be seeing you in the 13st-12st thread in the near future! :)

Hi there - I'm in exactly the same situation - brushed myself down and using the resources I have xx

Lots of info on here obviously, but i do have access to sw online, should anybody need any info they cannot find on here.

I subscribed to online slimming world in April 2013 - gold package - which gives the books, the magazines and the online support. I have not been very successful - in fact I've lost sod all - cant afford to continue with the subscriptions nor can I get to a group.

I have decided to use what I have and start again!!!!

My goal is to lose 3 stones in weight - my starting weight today is 13st and 7lb - enough is enough!!!!!

I can do this - so I will be posting my food diary every day - please feel free to comment at my choices. I will return the support and encouragement you provide - and if i'm being a pig - I promise I will declare so that you can jest with me!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I subscribed to online slimming world in April 2013 - gold package - which gives the books, the magazines and the online support. I have not been very successful - in fact I've lost sod all - cant afford to continue with the subscriptions nor can I get to a group.

I have decided to use what I have and start again!!!!

My goal is to lose 3 stones in weight - my starting weight today is 13st and 7lb - enough is enough!!!!!

I can do this - so I will be posting my food diary every day - please feel free to comment at my choices. I will return the support and encouragement you provide - and if i'm being a pig - I promise I will declare so that you can jest with me!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I dont pay, never been to a group. I am lucky in that i have friends (married couple) who go together and only use one of their online logins, so i use the other (yes, i give them something for that, not that they asked for it) but tbh what i can find on there i can pretty much find on here. OR, i have just sent someone on my facebook some recipes they were after. It was a friend of a friend. So dont ever feel a NEED to do sw officially. I DESPISE the fact that people make money from others desperation.

But what i dont get is how you have lost nothing???? I did have a go slow back along and started a diary because of it (feel free to take a gander) and it really did work.

You will sort it, and i do feel that this site really helps. but make sure you subscribe to a few threads, otherwise it can get a bit quiet.

I think I might belong in here. 14st10 at the minute having started at 15st5 on 12 August. Still getting my head around it all at the minute, but it's coming off so I am a very happy bunny

I dont pay, never been to a group. I am lucky in that i have friends (married couple) who go together and only use one of their online logins, so i use the other (yes, i give them something for that, not that they asked for it) but tbh what i can find on there i can pretty much find on here. OR, i have just sent someone on my facebook some recipes they were after. It was a friend of a friend. So dont ever feel a NEED to do sw officially. I DESPISE the fact that people make money from others desperation.

But what i dont get is how you have lost nothing???? I did have a go slow back along and started a diary because of it (feel free to take a gander) and it really did work.

You will sort it, and i do feel that this site really helps. but make sure you subscribe to a few threads, otherwise it can get a bit quiet.

I started the diary - religiously recorded everything - I was doing the free and easy - however I do not eat meat - but I do eat tuna and salmon - so therefore i'm getting protein. I think my main issue was portion size - i'd fill my plate with the superfree foods - but probably too much of the other free stuff - i'd rather fill up on free stuff than use the syns - and I think that's my downfall. I did start using the syns - but still nothing - i went 7 weeks and then completely lost hope. I did think about going to a group - but i do long hours at work and have terrible commutes - so not always possible. I found this site by sheer coincidence - i googled slimming world diary and syns - and hey presto!!!!

Thanks for listening to my ramblings - its good to hear other peoples experiences

I wouldn't even touch the syns to begin with, and then i got a bit more into it, did a bit more research, and now, pretty much like You, i do the syns though, to a degree, but i am not religious with super free and free. My biggest loss has been 3 lb, my smallest, 1 lb. Its not going to break records, but the fact my best mates wife seen me in town this morning and said straight away about how better i look, including seeing the difference in my face as well as my tummy, made my day as well as gives me the commitment to keep going.

Back