From 14 stone to 13 stone

Am really interested in actifry now. Could you put chicken and chips in together ?

Oh was just gonna ask if anyone had - didn't want to waste the meat and potatoes if it came out rubbish so haven't done it yet :D it doesn't make it clear in the manual/recipe book whether you can or whether it works. Any combined dishes tend to be things like chillis. I guess there may be an issue with different cooking times. Maybe the juices of the chicken would make the chips not as crispy too :confused:

Hmmm. Haven't tried that one yet I'm afraid. Iv done chicken nuggets for lo in it but not normal chicken. Might have to get it fixed and try it x

Ok an expirment is in order - I'll get some drumsticks and do them with some wedges style chips and make it a bit cajuny with some spices. Saturday maybe? Got tonight sorted already.

Iv just brought some chicken wings from asda. Going to try these on Saturday me thinks! See what happens!

Awaiting experiment outcome with baited breath ! I'm imagining a Kentucky bucket meal now ! Do post your results. .... just read what Ive written and realised how much emphasis I put on food!

jilly said:
Awaiting experiment outcome with baited breath ! I'm imagining a Kentucky bucket meal now ! Do post your results. .... just read what Ive written and realised how much emphasis I put on food!

Ha, ha might do some barbecue beans and sweetcorn with it :D

Did the SW KFC once and that was nice - I put spices in the breadcrumbs rather than the egg mix so was a bit too peppery for OH. Not quite KFC but delicious!

i might have to put an actifry on my santa list!!!!
anyway 2 lb loss for me so 13 13 now and hit my 2 stone loss :)....woohooo havent seen the 13s for a few yrs!!! so its bye from me and i ll see u all soon in the stone below!!! good luck x

Yum yum, you absolutely have to make it now ! then review it for us. I have just put some cubed chicken,plain yoghurt,lemon juice,garlic, tikka spices and salt togrther and will grill it later. Its a WW recipe but fine for SW too. It really is good. Went out for an indian last night and had tandoori prawns and chicken shashlik with boiled rice. Hope thats not too many syns. I figured its all dry so not too many places for syns to hide (I hope)

Feel like Ive been in the 14s forever!! Started off in 14s in jan, and managed to get all the way down to 14 stone 1/2 lb then went a bit off course,had a few months off SW to rejoin back in 15s :( Have managed to get back into 14s again after first week back.. argh one day I will see 13's. def my xmas target!!

I think I might be here a while. Had two days completely off plan and the oh took me to a Chinese restaurant yesterday for tea when I was trying to be on plan! Oh well. Back on it today :)

Hello Hanz, Well done for rejoining, we have a common goal to get into the 13's for Christmas ! It would feel so nice. I'm going to New york on the 4th Jan so thats an added incentive for me. Had a leggera pizza at pizza express today so over by 15 syns . It was so silly of me I left the house hungry so couldnt resist it. Always a mistake for me. Not downhearted though, it just means I wont lose weight today ! good luck and keep posting

Oh Laura I know how you feel:mad: But well done for returning to the straight and narrow. (little clap) Be pleased to have your company for a while:)

Wow, great weightloss Hanz on your 1st week returning to SW. :happy096:

I know the 14st and will I ever get out of it feeling. Been trying so hard the last couple of weeks and only managed 1lb last week and STS this week. :sigh:

Well just come home from an all you can eat Chinese Buffet as MIL came to visit and we'd promised to go when she came next. It is really good food there - better than a normal Chinese restaurant by far. But I was restrained and kept it dry, with loads of veg and noodles. I think I went over my syns though! I didn't stop when I was full though! Lol!

I made the bad, bad mistake of doing a sneaky midweek weigh in which showed me 14.1 but even before I went to Chinese it was 14.2.5!!!! Oh well October has been a silly month of birthdays, parties and celebrations for us! Roll on November when I'm able to knuckle down!

You did well to stick to noodles and veg, Niki. Sounds as though you limited the damage you could have done. I get weighed tomorrow morning,and its one of those weeks when I havent been near to 100% but still felt as though I was on a diet and still hope to lose half a pound ! we will see !

Can I join? Started 2 weeks ago at 15.05 lost 61/2 lbs in my first 2 weeks so now at 14.8 :) fingers crossed in the 13s by Xmas xx

You did well to stick to noodles and veg, Niki. Sounds as though you limited the damage you could have done. I get weighed tomorrow morning,and its one of those weeks when I havent been near to 100% but still felt as though I was on a diet and still hope to lose half a pound ! we will see !

Had 'dry' meat/fish too... But yeah, I felt quite virtuous and then ended up picking up 3 apple fritter thingys and a scoop of icecream at the end though :D Oops!

I'm a serial weigher which doesn't normally bother me that much as my weight can still fluctuate by 4 or 5 lbs in a day so am fairly laid back by it but it keeps getting worse each time I get on so don't think I can pull it back. I'd hate to have to post a second gain - think the best I can hope for is a STS but fear a 2/3 lb gain - here's hoping the scales are in my favour tomorrow. :fingerscrossed:

One more meal out this month and then I'm going to try a speedfood fest!!! Resisted KFC today though - just had a coffee and ate at home SW friendly. God sounds like my family always eat cr*p, this has been an exceptional month lol!

BTW couldn't make the chicken thingy in the Actifry as went out Sat and today waitrose had run out of chicken portions! Will look out for them tomorrow and give it a go asap.

Last edited:
Well done Chill11, welcome back to it Hanz, I'm sure next week will see results for you Sharry (I'm hoping a week after tomorrows expected gain I will be reporting a decent loss :D) and welcome Timtim.

Definitely want to be in the 13's for Christmas but really would dearly love to drop a dress size!

Alas, the actifry chicken was not meant to be!!
Just got back from SW group and sts so although not thrilled I think it was was what I expected. They are such a nice group and we did sausage tasting today. Asda (my fave) sainsburys,morrisons,and couldron veggie, it was really interesting the group all favoured different ones so I suppose the conclusion was.....horses for courses......a bit like diet plans really. Good luck everyone.

Back