From 14 stone to 13 stone

Just thought id pop in :)

Gonna join this club for a while, seeing as I am 14.13, and I don't want to get too comfortable here !

Went to the WW meeting on Thursday, but I have started the diet today, as I had to plan and shop for what I wanted.

So far so well, Ive planned everything out and I am left with 5 points over for the day, so I am sure I can find something to use the 5 points on ! Like sugar in my brew, as I detest sweetners! But with the amount of brews I have in a day I would use approx 25 points on sugar :cry:

Lisa x

Alas, the actifry chicken was not meant to be!!
Just got back from SW group and sts so although not thrilled I think it was was what I expected. They are such a nice group and we did sausage tasting today. Asda (my fave) sainsburys,morrisons,and couldron veggie, it was really interesting the group all favoured different ones so I suppose the conclusion was.....horses for courses......a bit like diet plans really. Good luck everyone.

A STS is OK to deal if you know where it went - and you can stop doing it again :D - must be harder if you had no idea why!

Actifry chicken is ON tonight - come back with thighs and drumsticks after a dash up to the shop. American themed dinner tonight then! Having SW wedges (though only a few HExb worth for me as going red today). Making coleslaw and barbecue beans (for everyone else) as well as Boston butt (pulled pork) yum!

Well this mornings weigh in showed a half lb loss and I'm taking it! :D Got one meal in an Italian and a friends house for dinner to get through this month then I'm clear til Christmas to buckle down!

Looking for a good vege sausage as prefer a vege 'fry up' which is then only time I really have sausages. Dislike Quorn ones but suffer them but want something that is not trying to be meat - if anyone is aware of a good one? Had a lovely one at a festival which was more like stuffing/pulse type of contents - bet it was high syns though! :D

Ooooh that sure does sound good ! I love slaw, but havent enjoyed any of the dressings ive used that are sw friendly. Not very keen on fromage frais which seems to be the main ingredient in the ones I have looked at. Well done on half pound loss too ! I have been very planny today. Made soup,took egg sandwich out with me and munched on cooked chicken, and stocked up on mullers in the fridge. Feel very satisfied and in control today (please,please,please let it last) Do update us on actifry.

Hello and good luck to Lisa, go for it !

I have quite a few do's and weekends away between now and Christmas so I shall have to be careful but, as I know from this site many people have very active social lives and still manage to stay on plan and lose weight.

Hi Lisa - welcome. I don't know whether you're aware this is the Slimming World part of the forum and whilst you're obviously more than welcome to stay I guess here there's not going to be much advice we can give regarding the Weight Watchers plan and pro points. although I find splenda sweetners the best of them although still not totally sugar tasting - just kinda got used to it. Good luck with your weightloss. :D

Jilly, I added a couple of tablespoons of half fat creme fraiche - it gives it a creamier taste and took away some of that fromageiness :D Well done on all that planning - it feels good to be in the zone!

Also the Actifry chicken challenge worked well and not so well. The chicken came out lovely but the potatoes broke up a bit. I did have a lot in it though, so that may have contributed! 4 thighs, 4 drumsticks and about 6 medium potatoes cut into chunky wedges (it's a family sized Actifry). I used 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp jerk seasoning. I think it would have been fine with 1 tbsp of olive oil but as it was being shared out and I had dedicatated a HEx of oil to it, it doesn't matter! When the potato broke up it did seem to give the chicken a nice coating which was an added bonus, shame there wasn't a lot of potato to eat at the end of it! Roast potato size/shape potatoes may work better.

Iv not even had the will to look at my actifry :-( iv been so off plan and stepped over my line so many times. Iv started everyday this week on plan, and ended everyone so mad at myself for completely screwing it up. I know this week will be a gain, and there's nothing I can do about that now. But I'm not going to let this defeat me.
Sorry for rambling but I'm just not having a good week. My stupid car broke down twice for 2 completely different reasons. I can't find my kindle charger, my laptop charger broke, I got stitched at work twice by someone who is supposed to be a friend, I cut my leg open, my water tank had a leak and was dripping through the ceiling and just to top it off oh might be being made redundant, again. And he's only on his probation period cause he has only been there 4 months so they don't need to give him any notice or money :-(
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nickinoonoo said:
Actifry chicken is ON tonight - come back with thighs and drumsticks after a dash up to the shop. American themed dinner tonight then! Having SW wedges (though only a few HExb worth for me as going red today). Making coleslaw and barbecue beans (for everyone else) as well as Boston butt (pulled pork) yum!

Hi Nickinoonoo, your dinner sounds gorgeous, we had pulled pork at a restaurant once and loved it, have looked up a few recipes on google but haven't tried any yet, what recipe do you use? Could you post it in recipe section or is it there already? X

Awwh laura so sorry about the nightmare week. Cant blame you for the food slipping, sometimes being on plan just slips to the back of your mind when theres other stuff going on! Good on you for not letting it beat you, take whatever comes and start afresh :) Sometimes in the past when things have gone stressful, I found at least I could take some control with my food and diet which actually was a nice relief!

Iv not even had the will to look at my actifry :-( iv been so off plan and stepped over my line so many times. Iv started everyday this week on plan, and ended everyone so mad at myself for completely screwing it up. I know this week will be a gain, and there's nothing I can do about that now. But I'm not going to let this defeat me.
Sorry for rambling but I'm just not having a good week. My stupid car broke down twice for 2 completely different reasons. I can't find my kindle charger, my laptop charger broke, I got stitched at work twice by someone who is supposed to be a friend, I cut my leg open, my water tank had a leak and was dripping through the ceiling and just to top it off oh might be being made redundant, again. And he's only on his probation period cause he has only been there 4 months so they don't need to give him any notice or money :-(
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry things aren't going well for you laura sometimes it feels like everything seems to happen at once and you can feel like giving up. Keep going - don't let losing an extra 7 lb something to add to your list :D Trust me, I've done that a few times and 'post-poned' my weightloss and now have an extra 3 1/2 stone to lose that I shouldn't need to!

Hi Nickinoonoo, your dinner sounds gorgeous, we had pulled pork at a restaurant once and loved it, have looked up a few recipes on google but haven't tried any yet, what recipe do you use? Could you post it in recipe section or is it there already? X

Most often I use pork shoulder - not always easy to get and rub various different spices in and cook for a couple of hours in a tin tightly covered with tinfoil - you could then add a light spiced gravy/barbecue sauce (it's not like Heinz barbecue sauce) over it. I guess pork shoulder in theory has some syn values as it can't be fully trimmed before cooking - if you wanted to be more virtuous you could probably cook it over a rack - just make sure the tin is tightly covered with foil still.

I'll dig out the recipe tomorrow.

Well Laura, Dont know what to say really, your day really does sound like a bit of a drag ! So I'll just send you a *big Hug* and hope things improve for you.

Inconclusive actifry review Nicki, but sounds like you made the chicken rather delicious,just a shame about the chips,maybe, as you said too many for the little beauty to cope with !

Hope hpsaucy and hanz have had a good day.

Another good day for me. Again I planned and prepared for hunger and cravings and feel I have eaten well and enjoyed my food. I made a bbc good food magazine asian chicken and noodle soup for lunch, really simple and packed with flavour. Ovens just beeped for my cheese and tomato pasta bake so off to scoff and hope you all have a good day tomorrow.

Well Laura, Dont know what to say really, your day really does sound like a bit of a drag ! So I'll just send you a *big Hug* and hope things improve for you.

Inconclusive actifry review Nicki, but sounds like you made the chicken rather delicious,just a shame about the chips,maybe, as you said too many for the little beauty to cope with !

Hope hpsaucy and hanz have had a good day.

Another good day for me. Again I planned and prepared for hunger and cravings and feel I have eaten well and enjoyed my food. I made a bbc good food magazine asian chicken and noodle soup for lunch, really simple and packed with flavour. Ovens just beeped for my cheese and tomato pasta bake so off to scoff and hope you all have a good day tomorrow.

o_O yum pasta bake :) Had a good day, another 2 1/2 pounds off tonight, 11 1/2 to go till the 13's.. cant remember a time I was ever that light! (while maybe as a kid!)

Hi everyone, don't think I'm ever going to get to the 13's, just back from holiday but before I went I put on and took off the same 1/2lb for about 4 weeks! Need to kick my butt into gear, got back on track yesterday morning but that only gives me until Thursday so no idea how I will have done.

So much for having a really good week next week though, going out for drinks and Chinese on Thursday night, Saturday night we've got an "Ascot" champagne evening and then Sunday we've got a wine tasting tour followed by a meal! Talk about all or nothing!

On that note we're also going out for a meal tomorrow night as well! Hubby's just told me, have looked at the menu and like the sound of Shropshire chicken, it's chicken breast stuffed with Shropshire blue cheese, spinach and fig on a bed of roasted root vegetable risotto, I can't imagine there'll be more than 25g of cheese so that'll be 5 syns, not sure how to syn the risotto as when I make it it's free, do you think 10 syns will cover it and I won't have any during the day tomorrow? Or do you think it'd be better to have something else? X

Nickinoonoo said:
Most often I use pork shoulder - not always easy to get and rub various different spices in and cook for a couple of hours in a tin tightly covered with tinfoil - you could then add a light spiced gravy/barbecue sauce (it's not like Heinz barbecue sauce) over it. I guess pork shoulder in theory has some syn values as it can't be fully trimmed before cooking - if you wanted to be more virtuous you could probably cook it over a rack - just make sure the tin is tightly covered with foil still.

I'll dig out the recipe tomorrow.

Ooh sounds so good mmmm

Hi everyone!
I have just got into the 14's on my next stone journey am so pleased seemed ages getting here, hope everyone is ok and look forward to chatting to you all!

Hpsaucy.... You is too posh ! Ascot and wine tasting and blue cheesy risottoey things !.( I'm just jealous) It's really difficult when you dont know whats gone into the food. I do think that the spinich will be drenched with butter and sadly the risotto I fear will be likewise. I think if i were you I would really try to concentrate on enjoying the dish (whatever you choose) and the very second that you are starting to feel full (but not before) stop eating,nomatter how much remains on your plate. I always do this on holiday, when we go out every night to good eateries (thats 14 calorie heavy meals) and I never ever put on any weight. Its amazing how many calories you continue to shovel in when you were full ten forkfulls ago. Sounds like a fun week, do enjoy it.

Well done Nikkiruth on getting into the 14's ! nice to have you on board.

2 1/2 pounds off hanz thats just fabulous. Well done you !

Jilly does sound posh but that's not a normal week.. Honest lol! Have no idea what they'll be serving at the Ascot night as its friends of a friend so can't really ask, all we've been told is to wear posh frocks!

It's so true what you say about the risotto and spinach, bound to be cooked in oil, might go for steak and ask for new potatoes rather than chips, I'll see how I feel.

Hope you have a good week x

Hello mobese, Nice to meet you and I'm sure you will find your way around and find minimins really useful in your weight loss journey. Good luck and keep posting:)

Thought I would say hi as I stumbled across this thread.

I will be here for a while as I'm 30 weeks preg and although only gained 5lb (due to weigh today) I am in this bracket and even tho not really following plan much I find talking on minimins helps the realisation of what I do weigh so I don't make as many bad choices if u kno what I mean :)

Good luck to all xx

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 4lb

Morning all. Hope everyones ready for the day ahead.
Wish I had an ascot champagne evening. I just seem to get work instead! I'm very jealous!
Off to face the music this morning. Absolutely dreading it. I wasn't going to go, but oh woke me up on his way to work this morning so while I'm up might as well do something!! Lol

Back